IGNORED

Mario Mandzukic

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/409916875?-11192

Everton boss David Moyes dispatched a scout to Croatia earlier this week with Mario Mandzukic understood to be the man on his radar.

The 23-year-old is currently playing for Dinamo Zagreb and is being tipped for a summer move to one of Europe's top leagues.

Mandzukic, who can play on the wing or up front, scored against England during the 4-1 defeat in the World Cup qualifier in Zagreb.

Werder Bremen have been long-term admirers, while Arsenal, Tottenham and Portsmouth were also said to be keeping tabs on him earlier this season.

Everton's spies made the trip to Croatia on Wednesday to see the cup clash between Dinamo and Hadjuk Split when Mandzukic played the 90 minutes during the 0-0 draw.

Videos:

• 2 years later...

No way we can afford him unless his contract is almost up... However, if its an indicator, he ended up at Everton in a FIFA manager mode I had as another team! So maybe that's a good sign!

He's affordable because Felix Magath is tired of him. That doesn't mean he isn't a good footballer though, Magath was tired of Diego as well. I've liked Mandzukic better than Jelavic this tournament (not only because of the goals), would love if we could get him, but I assume there isn't much truth in it. Pienaar will be our nr 1 target and we'll probably struggle to come up with the funds to buy him.

Same for me, its a no.

I would however sell someone like Jagielka or Rodwell to raise funds for Manzukic. I do lik Jagielka but with Distin, Heitinga, Duffy and maybe a cheap summer signing as back-up we could probably let him go to raise some money. Likewise with Rodwell I believe that we would get a few million (not a lot but a few) and this could prove as a stepping stone towards the 'Zukic deal.

He's someone that'd get my hopes up should he sign, Mandzukic and Jelly up front is a force.

Edit: What about Cahill? He's tipped to go to the Asians so sell TC and bring in Mandzukic as his replacement, very nice.

No I wouldn't sell fella. I thought it was only a matter of time before we got linked to this bloke. I've been very impressed with him so far and it could be a good signing for us. I can't see it happening but like someone else said, fingers crossed.

Same for me, its a no.

I would however sell someone like Jagielka or Rodwell to raise funds for Manzukic. I do lik Jagielka but with Distin, Heitinga, Duffy and maybe a cheap summer signing as back-up we could probably let him go to raise some money. Likewise with Rodwell I believe that we would get a few million (not a lot but a few) and this could prove as a stepping stone towards the 'Zukic deal.

He's someone that'd get my hopes up should he sign, Mandzukic and Jelly up front is a force.

Edit: What about Cahill? He's tipped to go to the Asians so sell TC and bring in Mandzukic as his replacement, very nice.

Cahill would be a good sale, but I bet we'd only get 2-3 million pounds in a transfer fee... plus his salary off the wage budget.. I would be all for selling Jagielka if Distin weren't so old. I just don't trust relying on a 35 year old centerhalf to remain fit for 3+ more years, HOWEVER, if anybody can, it's Distin. Was it Saha who said Distin could play until he's 40 because he's so fit?

The price that was being talked about was £7,000,000. If you're saying that we will get £3,000,000 from Cahill then obviously that leaves us with £4,000,000 to find. I believe that even though our club is in the shit financially we could find this money and I do believe that we have that kind of money available. If push came to shove and we didn't have that money then surely some of our fringe players could raise that cash.

For example, Jack Rodwell.

I don't think we should sell jack Rodwell

Definitely not now, he's a much better player than Henderson(which the shite paid £16mil for). We shouldnt sell until he's had a good season and even then we might be inclined to keep him just incase Felli leaves.

Supposedly (via forum cheating) a very well sourced individual has mentioned that the banks aren't as bloody thirsty for the money this year (guessing it has something to do with the new Sky agreement) but he even hints at a bit more money than usual, being made available.

So a few bob more than 'nothing', is a positive going into the summer. I just hope we don't pick up a player who's had one good tournament.

Supposedly (via forum cheating) a very well sourced individual has mentioned that the banks aren't as bloody thirsty for the money this year (guessing it has something to do with the new Sky agreement) but he even hints at a bit more money than usual, being made available.

So a few bob more than 'nothing', is a positive going into the summer. I just hope we don't pick up a player who's had one good tournament.

I read something a few weeks back, and i can't for the life of me find it or remember where i saw it, but it was something about how there maybe funds available in the summer, not megabucks like £10-15m plus whatever came from player sales

I don't think we should sell jack Rodwell

Explain why? I don't see why people love Jack Rodwell so much. I don't mean to be harsh on the lad because he's home grown but what has he brought to the team in the past few seasons? He's a passenger in our squad and we'd be moving forward as a football club if we sold him.

Explain why? I don't see why people love Jack Rodwell so much. I don't mean to be harsh on the lad because he's home grown but what has he brought to the team in the past few seasons? He's a passenger in our squad and we'd be moving forward as a football club if we sold him.

He was our best player last season up until his injury - form that was recognised by England scouts hence the 2 caps and he looked very good in both. It winds me up how people are so quick to build up then knock down youths - Barkley is the best thing since sliced bread now but I hate to think if he has a poor patch or struggles with injuries. Give them a chance, Rodwell obviously has something and hopefully he'll come through this reoccurring injury and blossom at us - Barkley needs time too.

He was our best player last season up until his injury - form that was recognised by England scouts hence the 2 caps and he looked very good in both. It winds me up how people are so quick to build up then knock down youths - Barkley is the best thing since sliced bread now but I hate to think if he has a poor patch or struggles with injuries. Give them a chance, Rodwell obviously has something and hopefully he'll come through this reoccurring injury and blossom at us - Barkley needs time too.

There u go Zoo :D I am not going to give up on our own academy product that HAS shown what he can do without injuries.

can i get a hallelujah?

I disagree, but thats what forums are for; different opinions. smile.png

Edit: And for the record I'm actually a supporter of Ross, I think he's got a lot to give and I'm sure he will come good and do us proud (as with Shane Duffy). It's just for reasons mentioned earlier in threads I don't believe Rodwell is of the same calibre.

Edited by Zoo