IGNORED

Sulley Muntari

I like the word hirsute (even though hirsuteness :blink: in the head department is not something I'm blessed with any more :( ).

Globule is another good word.

Don't remember enough about Muntari to say whether he's worth a go or not tbh.

man jumping of a cliff was my initial response, but that was a gut feeling. Honestly not sure about him either, dont remember him setting the premiership on fire, though he's younger than i thought (heard his name bouncing around for years now!) and there must be potential if Inter signed him. Woudlve thought his wages might be tad high though...

I might be wrong here, but didnt Inter pay £20m for Muntari?! I remember he was always a bit of a workhorse at pompey, reminded me of Diarra who went to Real. I also remember being quite shocked at the transfer fee though!Maybe Moyes is looking at him as a Carsley style player. In my opinion Felli is far too clumsy to be at centre back, and its pretty clear his best position is in DM.

hirsute = hairy

Surprised that Fellaini is wanted in defence though.

Maybe the journalist saw a pattern! First year: second striker, second year: midfielder ... so third year: defence. I'm sure next year he's going to write about the rumored replacement of the glabrous Tim Howard by the hirsute Fellaini.

Maybe the journalist saw a pattern! First year: second striker, second year: midfielder ... so third year: defence. I'm sure next year he's going to write about the rumored replacement of the glabrous Tim Howard by the hirsute Fellaini.

Haha that would be immense, you can see it though, Fellaini could be our new 'José René Higuita Zapata' haha class...scorpion kick clearances anyone?? :lol:

Edited by tenaciousj

I might be wrong here, but didnt Inter pay £20m for Muntari?! I remember he was always a bit of a workhorse at pompey, reminded me of Diarra who went to Real. I also remember being quite shocked at the transfer fee though!Maybe Moyes is looking at him as a Carsley style player. In my opinion Felli is far too clumsy to be at centre back, and its pretty clear his best position is in DM.

Portsmouth bought him for £7m sold after one year, "Muntari completed a €16 million euros plus bonuses move to Inter". (Wiki)

dont we have that in the form of Johnny H?

We have a quality CB in the form of Johnny H, he should never be considered as primarily a DM.

I think he is the perfect replacement, thought that the moment he signed for us. I think he could stay there another season if needed, Distin and Jags seems to be working well together. At least until Screech is back to 100% anyway. I agree with you aswell though, he could be the perfect partner for Jags and its an exciting prospect, but he is very well suited for DM too, shouldnt rule him out of that role. Unfortunately we dont have the luxary of many of our players having a primary role! Theres only Howard, Baines, Arteta and the strikers that i can think actually have this, everyone else players where we need them!

Edited by galacticaracnid

Sounds like the perfect opportunity for moysies loan -> buy. I'd have him.

On the fellaini/ centre back bit... it could be a bit of confusion on journo's behalf as moyes was probably on about johnny who he did buy primarily to play in defence.

This, if he was loan to buy I'd take him in a heartbeat. We need an enforcer in midfield to cover for Fellaini, and I don't think moving Heitinga is the right move. He's great in midfield, but he's truely class in central defence.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...