IGNORED

Angelo Ogbonna

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Juventus's 27-year old centre back who can also play left-back is apparently Martinez's first choice defensive purchase.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-tracking-juventus-defender-angelo-9510130

Has all the tools (tall, strong) but is error prone according to Bleacher report.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2496424-why-angelo-ogbonna-is-the-juventus-player-with-most-to-prove-in-pre-season

Indeed, he is a deeply flawed defender, with perhaps one attribute needing major work if he is to continue to play a role for the Bianconeri in the coming years. No longer a talented prospect with potential, he should now be entering the prime of his career, but sadlyOgbonna continues to make mistakes commonly associated with much younger players.

The first leg of Juve’s Coppa Italia semi-final against Fiorentina was perhaps the ideal match to highlight his talent, drafted into a heavily rotated side as Allegri opted to rest a number of key players.

Rather than grasp his chance, however, Ogbonna showed the mental fragility which threatens to hold him back, switching off at key moments as the Viola ran out 2-1 winners at Juventus Stadium.

It is the kind of lapse that happens all too often for AngeloOgbonna, and it leaves him as undoubtedly the Juventus player with most to prove in the coming months.

Juventus's 27-year old centre back who can also play left-back is apparently Martinez's first choice defensive purchase.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-tracking-juventus-defender-angelo-9510130

Has all the tools (tall, strong) but is error prone according to Bleacher report.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2496424-why-angelo-ogbonna-is-the-juventus-player-with-most-to-prove-in-pre-season

Sounds like a perfect replacement for Distin :lol:

this sounds good. RM has a great track record of getting players that just need more confidence (lennon, barkley, gerry, romelu, stones) to get to their best, and if he has a great skill set, this could be the perfect setting for him. 27 is a great age as well, and if they paid 11m for him, maybe we can get him for a deal since they just splashed on Mandzukic.

this sounds good. RM has a great track record of getting players that just need more confidence (lennon, barkley, gerry, romelu, stones) to get to their best, and if he has a great skill set, this could be the perfect setting for him. 27 is a great age as well, and if they paid 11m for him, maybe we can get him for a deal since they just splashed on Mandzukic.

I would definitely not include Barkley on that list, he had a very sub-par season and I'd argue it is partly due to Roberto playing him out on the wing. Lukaku is a bit eh as he was already scoring goals prior to his move here. Gerry is a coin flip, he was getting better before his injury and then was ok after coming back. Lennon/Stones have been great though and Roberto's style of play suits him well.

As for Ogbonna, my friend who's a Juve fan rates him but as the article mentions, he has his lapse of concentration moments. I wouldn't want him starting in front of Jags/Stones though

I would definitely not include Barkley on that list, he had a very sub-par season and I'd argue it is partly due to Roberto playing him out on the wing. Lukaku is a bit eh as he was already scoring goals prior to his move here. Gerry is a coin flip, he was getting better before his injury and then was ok after coming back. Lennon/Stones have been great though and Roberto's style of play suits him well.

As for Ogbonna, my friend who's a Juve fan rates him but as the article mentions, he has his lapse of concentration moments. I wouldn't want him starting in front of Jags/Stones though

barkley wasn't played under moyes except a few small cameos. he had his breakout season under RM (his first season). i would definately include him in there.

Yeah dude this guy isn't starting in front of stones or jags, all the CB we are linked with are backup players, no need to worry there.

Barkley hasn't had a break in 3 years, he will have a great season next year. Watch.

I genuinely believe he will. With Deulofeu on board, I can see him rekindling that on the field relationship they had last time. If only for Gerard to draw the defenders to give Ross more space to act in.

Makes you want to buy a season ticket :).

barkley wasn't played under moyes except a few small cameos. he had his breakout season under RM (his first season). i would definately include him in there.

Yeah dude this guy isn't starting in front of stones or jags, all the CB we are linked with are backup players, no need to worry there.

Fair enough, he had a pretty good year two years ago. I know Roberto said his injury right before the season started definitely put him on the wrong foot the rest of the way so I can only hope with some rest, he'll be firing for us this year.

The reason I mention him not being a starter is simply because he is still relatively young (27) and started in a handful of games for them despite not being 1st choice. Why would he want to come here and have a similar if not smaller role for us? Just throwing it out there.

Fair enough, he had a pretty good year two years ago. I know Roberto said his injury right before the season started definitely put him on the wrong foot the rest of the way so I can only hope with some rest, he'll be firing for us this year.

The reason I mention him not being a starter is simply because he is still relatively young (27) and started in a handful of games for them despite not being 1st choice. Why would he want to come here and have a similar if not smaller role for us? Just throwing it out there.

Great point and maybe that highlights why this won't happen.

• 2 weeks later...