IGNORED

Leroy Fer

I think I could some of the answers asked here as a supporter of FC Twente from the Netherlands.

Fer is one of the key players in this years squad of FC Twente. He is strong, has very good heading skills and scored a good amout of goals. He is recognized as one of the biggest talents the Eredivisie has to offer. I think our ways of playing are very comparable and our level is about the same, so he will an immediate reforcement for your squad. However, he has been ruled out for a long time because of a knee injury, and about a week ago he recovered again from a knee injury after the training camp in Maspalomas. This explains the rumours of the failed medical tests.

All I can say that it would be a very good deal for us to sell him to Everton, because we already have agreements with two replacements for Fer (Filip Djuricic from SC Heerenveen and Claudemir from FC Kopenhagen). I think our chairman, Joop Munsterman, is just trying to get more money out of the deal. I don't know if any of you heard of the Luuk de Jong transfer to Gladbach (He finally went to Germany with a €15 million deal), but this seems a very similar transfer.

If you have any more questions, I'll try to answer them.

Thanks FCT and good luck for the remainder of your season.

I'd like us to high jack the Filip transfer, thought he was nailed on for a Champs League club.

It's true, AC Milan had some interest a while ago. Filip has already said in the media he really wants to go to Twente. Negogations have been going the whole day, and the Fer confusion is blocking a transfer right now. Really a nerve-wrecking day for us really wink.png

I think we need to reserve judgement and speculation. They are paying a lot of money, so if the guy isn't in the condition we require then it would be sensible to take a step back. I'm sure we'll all know sooner than later what's happening.

This

If its true that the medical has uncovered a problem would people prefer us to just say ah fook it lets give them all our money anyway?

News from about an hour ago, Munsterman (the chairman) has provided some explanations about the situation. He was under the assumption the deal could be finalised today, but Everton came with new conditions concerning the payment terms and even the total amount of money. He says he doesn't have time for that, "never mind". Earlier today he also already denied Fer failed the medical.

(http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/235030/Everton-wilde-doodleuk-nieuwe-onderhandelingen.htm)

What I found strange was that on the Twenty website, only one single reply had been made in the thread highlighting his depature. dont%20know.gif

Regarding the deal, both parties and indeed the player need to be happy, so if the original deal has stalled, I'm sure they'll work it out. In Moyes' interview, he gives a little indication that there might be further movement via his body language when asked, so who knows.

What I 'will' say is that the player is probably not the exciting force many fans think, and likely to be more of a solid presence than anything else. According to the media, if we're expecting a creative passer we might be disappointed.

Edited by Avinalaff

http://www.twentefan...-niet-aan-.html

Hot news: Our chairman says that the deal was indeed done, but Everton began negotiating about another payment system today and some other stuff as well. He don't wants to negotiate anymore. As of now it looks like the deal has crashed.

lol the EFC guys are such sons of b!tches :D Suddenly deciding after the deal was done to pay in terms :D I can understand that EFC wants that, cause they're poor, but at least say it in advance

Surely we wouldn't make an initial bid and payment plan that wouldn't have suited us surely we offered an alternative so we could try to persie more players can't we compromise and go back to the initial payment plan and get the deal done otherwise there will be a lot of pissed off fans

What I found strange was that on the Twenty website, only one single reply had been made in the thread highlighting his depature. dont%20know.gif

Regarding the deal, both parties and indeed the player need to be happy, so if the original deal has stalled, I'm sure they'll work it out. In Moyes' interview, he gives a little indication that there might be further movement via his body language when asked, so who knows.

What I 'will' say is that the player is probably not the exciting force many fans think, and likely to be more of a solid presence than anything else. According to the media, if we're expecting a creative passer we might be disappointed.

http://www.fctwente.net/fanzone_forum.php?location=http%3A//www.fctwente.net/forum/showthread.php%3Fp%3D1363684%23post1363684

You may very well have looked on the wrong forum. We are talking all day about his transfer ;)

Fer is NOT a creative passer. Not at all. Leroy Fer is a working force with great strength and is a great aerial treath. He is one of our main forces. However, our team misses creativity, which Djuricic may provide. That's why I hope the deal will go through eventually

What I found strange was that on the Twenty website, only one single reply had been made in the thread hilighting his depature. dont%20know.gif

The lad they're replacing Fer with would be ideal. Slot in behind the striker and feed Jelly all day and allow Felli to sweep up in his natural position.

He was clearly advertised as an athletic, box-to-box presence the entire time though. Think Yaya Touré or Abou Diaby. Something we definitely need, as Phil Neville in midfield is an embarrassment.

IMO, ideally he would play with a disciplined passer in behind him. Darron Gibson for example. Or Mikel Arteta the way he plays for Arsenal. James McCarthy (Wigan) would fit the bill as well, would like to get him if Fellaini goes. And with a creative number ten in behind the striker.

Edited by Steve_E

http://www.fctwente....684#post1363684

You may very well have looked on the wrong forum. We are talking all day about his transfer wink.png

Fer is NOT a creative passer. Not at all. Leroy Fer is a working force with great strength and is a great aerial treath. He is one of our main forces. However, our team misses creativity, which Djuricic may provide. That's why I hope the deal will go through eventually

The lad they're replacing Fer with would be ideal. Slot in behind the striker and feed Jelly all day and allow Felli to sweep up in his natural position.

:blink:

now im confused. I thought Gourcuff was the creative passer and Fer was the box to box, tough as shit, new Viera player... :huh:

http://www.fctwente....684#post1363684

You may very well have looked on the wrong forum. We are talking all day about his transfer wink.png

Thanks for the link. I have a feeling the thread I viewed was possibly a newer thread, so unnecessary.

So fc twentes chairman wants more payment upfront and less amount of time in instalments do you think 3-4 million upfront and the rest paid within a year would be enough to get him because that would be the same as we bid for yann m'vila a week ago

did we? I saw a couple of stories in the Daily Mail but nothing I wouldve considered a bid.