IGNORED

Leroy Fer

Dunc, Zoo summed it up for me!

It's not that I'm blaming the club for the (potentional) failing of a signing, it's that we announce deals etc, before we know the true extent of what's happening.

We were pretty much told Odidija was signed, then there were issues. We were told Fernandes was signed, attended a game and pissed off to Valencia. We were told a deal was on place for Moutinho...didn't happen. And this one Is the same, "Deal agreed with Twente for Leroy Fer", having medical, everything's good....oh. Wait. Hang on. No it's not.

More frustration at the announcements.

To be fair the club announced that we had agreed a deal pending personal terms and a medical , he has failed the medical so its only right the the club should look to protect its investment

To be fair the club announced that we had agreed a deal pending personal terms and a medical , he has failed the medical so its only right the the club should look to protect its investment

Don't go announcing deals if the player in question hasn't been checked out. I'm not saying that Everton are 100% to blame on this one but they do seem to have a habit of getting ahead of themselves and fucking things up.

I think we need to know the extent of the knee problem before we can say whether we would take a chance on it or not. If there is a chance that he might fuck it up in 2-3 years then I'd say take a chance on him but if it turns out that when he jogs little green goo leaks out of him then I'd say leave him at Twente. The fact is we don't know as supporters how bad this knee is so we can't start kicking off at each other as to whether we should sign him or not.

He was deemed fit enough to play by Twente's staff. I saw him last weekend against Feyenoord and he was Twente's best player so I don't think he's in danger of collapsing right now, but if his knee could start troubling him in a year, or in two years, or whatever, then that's a risk I don't think we should be taking.

Don't go announcing deals if the player in question hasn't been checked out. I'm not saying that Everton are 100% to blame on this one but they do seem to have a habit of getting ahead of themselves and fucking things up.

Just about every transfer you here about is announced pending personal terms & a medical so its hardly an Everton trait

He was deemed fit enough to play by Twente's staff. I saw him last weekend against Feyenoord and he was Twente's best player so I don't think he's in danger of collapsing right now, but if his knee could start troubling him in a year, or in two years, or whatever, then that's a risk I don't think we should be taking.

That's why I'm trying to be optemistic, if he was fit enough to play for Twente the other week then this knee of his can't be made from glass. I think thats its either lazy journalism or Twente trying to get a few more pennies out of us. Either way I think he'll be coming.

But then the club get in trouble with the fans for not telling us anything!

Yeah, tell us information about players that are actually going to sign. It's like we've been given a boner and instead of getting some action we've been told to calm down and sort ourselves out in the corner with some magazines.

That's why I'm trying to be optemistic, if he was fit enough to play for Twente the other week then this knee of his can't be made from glass. I think thats its either lazy journalism or Twente trying to get a few more pennies out of us. Either way I think he'll be coming.

But if it really was something minor, would we be making such a fuss about it, blowing up the deal we already agreed on? Unless we're really just trying to sneak our way into a better deal and are still very intent on getting him of course.

But if it really was something minor, would we be making such a fuss about it, blowing up the deal we already agreed on? Unless we're really just trying to sneak our way into a better deal and are still very intent on getting him of course.

We're not making a fuss about it, I think that we just want to re-jig the contract a little bit and the Dutch newspapers are jumping on it. I think that it could be Moyes trying to get us a better deal or it could just be the Twente chairman being a bit of an arse.

Dunc, Zoo summed it up for me!

It's not that I'm blaming the club for the (potentional) failing of a signing, it's that we announce deals etc, before we know the true extent of what's happening.

We were pretty much told Odidija was signed, then there were issues. We were told Fernandes was signed, attended a game and pissed off to Valencia. We were told a deal was on place for Moutinho...didn't happen. And this one Is the same, "Deal agreed with Twente for Leroy Fer", having medical, everything's good....oh. Wait. Hang on. No it's not.

More frustration at the announcements.

+ Ever Banega

The knee problem will happen in the long term not right away!! They have found a problem with his knee could be weak ligaments or whatever the matter is that sometime in the future whether 6 months, 2 years or three years there's a risk he found injury his knee severely or have constant minor knee injuries preventing him from playing in the see able future it's not about his match fitness now. We're trying to see us getting the best investment by making sure he's not plagued by injuries and I'd he is that we don't part with all our money at once and that we get our rightful usage out of him before they receive every last penny for him.

Woah.. A latecomer!

" we landed on the moon...that's great!"

rofl.gif

When I finished work he was supposedly having a medical, about to be rubber stamped by all accounts, get home from the boozer a few hours later and have to catch up on about three pages of this!

Everton...........Fucking hell!

Edited by BlueBlood81

Truth is you never know what the future holds for any player when it comes to injuries. Some players play on what has been a bad knee for years without ever losing significant time. While some players, perfectly healthy, go out and get a nice triple leg break and never get back to where they were.

I think we're just trying to get a better deal/save our asses in the long run, especially since we are borrowing against funds that don't exist as of yet.

Finished work and it

rofl.gif

When I finished work he was supposedly having a medical, about to be rubber stamped by all accounts, get home from the boozer a few hours later and have to catch up on about three pages of this!

doh.gif

I did the same at about 9pm, it's horrible reading the slow and painful decline of joy. Like telling a child that Santa isn't real.

Does anyone think that this is all because of Mirallas? The Everton board might be worried that Fer (like Mirallas) is going to get an injury problem which will keep him out for a while and are just trying to save their arses. I don't know about you lot but I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin Mirallas' injury problems has had a knock on effect on the signing of Leroy Fer.

Does anyone think that this is all because of Mirallas? The Everton board might be worried that Fer (like Mirallas) is going to get an injury problem which will keep him out for a while and are just trying to save their arses. I don't know about you lot but I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin Mirallas' injury problems has had a knock on effect on the signing of Leroy Fer.

Gee, for a moment you had me thinking you were talking about me tongue.png

Edited by Mirallas

This may well go through before deadline time Thursday though. Everthing seemed set for a move over, and now everything hangs in the balance because of a knee injury and the Dutch side are being difficult claiming we made extra conditions about payments to be made. Our medical personnel are concerned about the aforementioned injury the player picked up with Holland and long term effects after surgical repair, appears the long and short of todays developments. Still time for this deal to be finalized, but can only wait and see what occurs now

This may well go through before deadline time Thursday though. Everthing seemed set for a move over, and now everything hangs in the balance because of a knee injury and the Dutch side are being difficult claiming we made extra conditions about payments to be made. Our medical personnel are concerned about the aforementioned injury the player picked up with Holland and long term effects after surgical repair, appears the long and short of todays developments. Still time for this deal to be finalized, but can only wait and see what occurs now

Didn't you read what I wrote?

There is an issue hanging over his head that needs to be resolved, and 'that' is probably the stumbling block.

The Johan Derksen guy is editor of the biggest sporting magazine in Holland, so the rumours must be reasonably legit. Kenwright will need to know what the issues are and make a decision. If it is serious, and the guy goes to prison, or there is a scandal etc, it would not be good for our club.

Good sleuthing Avin. Bit strange for all this to come up after the fee had been agreed. Due diligence 101 would be for the lawyers to clear any transfer before agreeing to lay out millions of dollars. Have to conclude either that Everton are institutionally incompetent, which after witnessing the "service" at Goodison is certainly a possibility, or this issue is only a civil matter, in which case the worst case scenario is monetary judgment and bad press.

Do any of our Dutch friends know how to access the relevant court registries? I'm half tempted to see if they have an English version.

From reading the links here and elsewhere my guess is that the real issue is the structuring of the deal in light of whatever medical info was either known or discovered. Seems not unlikely that Everton knew there would be some issue with his knee, agreed a reasonably generous up front payment to get the ball rolling, and always planned to finagle a better deal with the medical issue on the belief that Twente were already well on their way to bringing in Fer's replacement and so wouldn't kick up too much of a fuss.

If so, either Twente are calling our bluff, or they're bluffing on their side now to see if we fold and give them the lump sum. Knowing Moyes, we have a fair few targets, we'll make known an approach to one of those and see if Twente blink.

Oh to be a fly on the wall with teleportation ability. Must be fun times at both boardrooms.

Didn't you read what I wrote?

There is an issue hanging over his head that needs to be resolved, and 'that' is probably the stumbling block.

The Johan Derksen guy is editor of the biggest sporting magazine in Holland, so the rumours must be reasonably legit. Kenwright will need to know what the issues are and make a decision. If it is serious, and the guy goes to prison, or there is a scandal etc, it would not be good for our club.

In a word No, in that I didn't see it.

More has been written on these pages about this Fer kid, and will we get him, than the Old Testament, and I haven't been able to sit through or read every response so you can forgive if I missed some other important factors. Been busy all day and read a bit on a rival page and seemed the leg injury was a major concern. Seemed good enough. I was unaware of any scandal thing or possible jail term. This will take a bit of looking in to, but now is not the time. I suggest we continue discussions at a more reasonable time of day.