IGNORED

Leroy Fer

I dont think there is an Evertonian on the planet that isnt frustrated, and most of them hadnt even heard of the player last week!

well I'm a newly converted Evertonian, but still an Evertonian. I'm just thinking thank God we the deal was blown off, but on the other hand, even if I don't like the player and the amout offered for him, it's still never good for a club to get their plans messed up. Cause then you risk making stupid decisions.

I don't think you can blame either Everton or Twente. We agreed a deal subject to the medical, the medical found a problem and we went back to Twente to renegotiate the payment terms and they probably thought that we were already paying enough on the drip and didn't want to budge. Like Ten says you wont find many clubs who are willing to let their best players leave for a small initial fee.

I think that maybe the marketing men could have held back a bit given the nervous nature of us Evertonians when it comes to transfers! They probably aren't Blues themselves and don't understand the trials and tribulations we go through every transfer window!

well I'm a newly converted Evertonian, but still an Evertonian. I'm just thinking thank God we the deal was blown off, but on the other hand, even if I don't like the player and the amout offered for him, it's still never good for a club to get their plans messed up. Cause then you risk making stupid decisions.

Except when we play Chelsea huh? wink.png

My dog pisses on every lamp post, but he always shits in the garden. smile.png

Interesting comment from commentator on the stream I am watching. Said he had watched a lot of get and he was amazed we were paying 8.5 as he isn't worth it.

Some people said we got a steal at 8.5m, and some said he wasn't worth it. Real mixed opinions on him.

Kaka was a term used for 'poo' when we were kids ha ha.

He had a moan in Italy when people left the accent off the 'a' in his name, as it has a similar slang meaning over there.

Edit: I think an AM would be ideal as it would allow Felli to shine in midfield again.

Edited by pete0

Urine sane.

That's not even a movie title, and we were talking solids.

I'm going to leave this now, and this is just going to degenerate into nonsense, and this is a serious thread after all.

There's still a chance this kid could join in time. So I'll get back to this when the time arises

Interesting interview with Leroy Fer:

][/b]

Leroy Fer: 'Ja, ik ben diep teleurgesteld'

donderdag 31 januari 2013

De transfer van Leroy Fer van FC Twente naar Everton is definitief van de baan. Beide clubs slaagden er niet in overeenstemming te bereiken over de betalingswijze van de transfersom. Leroy Fer is ‘diep teleurgesteld’.

Everton en FC Twente hervatten gisteren de onderhandelingen over de transfer van de 23-jarige middenvelder en international van Oranje. Die waren de avond ervoor gestaakt, omdat FC Twente niet akkoord wilde gaan met een andere betalingswijze van het transferbedrag. Everton drong daar na de medische keuring in Liverpool op aan, omdat het meer zekerheid wilde hebben over de genezing van de linkerknie van Leroy Fer. Hij werd vier maanden geleden geopereerd aan een beschadigde meniscus.

Weigering

FC Twente, bij monde van voorzitter Joop Munsterman en Aldo van der Laan, vicevoorzitter van de Raad van Commissarissen, weigerden evenwel ‘nieuwe onderhandelingen’ nadat eerder al een akkoord met Everton was bereikt. Daarop besloten beide clubs na de hernieuwde poging de onderhandelingen te staken.

De leiding van Everton heeft al wel laten weten dat het komende zomer een nieuwe poging zal wagen om Leroy Fer naar Goodison Park te halen.

Doodziek

Leroy Fer reageert ‘diep teleurgesteld’ dat zijn overgang naar de Premier League en Everton nu niet doorgaat. ,,Ik bleef tot het laatste moment hoop houden dat de clubs er nog uit zouden komen met elkaar’’, zegt de Zoetermeerder. ,,Nu dat niet is gelukt moet ik wel eventjes tot mezelf komen. Ik was in gedachten al in Liverpool, ik keek er naar uit om deze stap te zetten. Tja, en als dat dan alsnog wordt afgeblazen ben ik daar wel even doodziek van ja.’’

Het ‘kamp-Fer’ hoeft zich niets te verwijten. ,,Iedereen heeft er alles aan gedaan om deze transfer rond te krijgen'', aldus de speler. ,,Rob Jansen, mijn vader, mijn vriendin, iedereen toonde zijn goede wil om de zaak te helpen en op gang te houden. Ik was zelfs bereid financieel mee te denken in het ontstane probleem. Maar niets hielp. Dan wordt het moeilijk om een compromis te bereiken. Hoewel ik daar al die tijd nog op gehoopt had.’’

Souplesse?

Everton en FC Twente bleven lijnrecht tegenover elkaar staan. Fer: ,,Ik ben gewoon goedgekeurd door de artsen in Engeland. De enige opmerking die men maakte was over mijn knie waar ik vier maanden geleden aan geopereerd ben. De meniscus is weer goed in orde, maar de wond is nog vers, hoewel ik weer probleemloos kan spelen. Everton besloot daarop de betalingswijze te willen aanpassen. Iets meer zekerheid inbouwen dan voor de keuring. Ik kon me daar wel iets bij voorstellen, zeker als je over dit soort bedragen praat.''

,,Maar Twente hield vast aan het eerder bereikte akkoord. Dat akkoord was er ook, dat heeft ook niemand ooit ontkend. Maar enige souplesse daarin had toch ook wel gekund. Zeker als je kijkt naar de bepalingen die ik in mijn contract heb staan over een transfer, had ik verwacht dat alles goed zou komen.’’

Ontzetting

Leroy Fer is aangeslagen, maar zeker niet verslagen door de ontwikkelingen van de afgelopen dagen. En niet alleen door het afketsen van zijn droomtransfer. Hij nam met verbazing en soms ontzetting kennis van de uitspraken die over hem werden gedaan in sommige media. Het bedenkelijke niveau daarvan bracht hem uit zijn evenwicht. In sommige mensen heeft hij het vertrouwen zelfs totaal verloren.

,,Het gaat er steeds meer op lijken dat het beschadigen van mensen gemeengoed aan het worden is. Ik probeer er afstand van te houden, maar ik zal niet ontkennen dat het me enorm heeft geraakt. Ook dat zal ik een plaats moeten geven. Het liefst voor zondag, want dan wacht FC Twente-FC Utrecht. Inderdaad, geen Everton-Aston Villa op zaterdag. Het is hoe het is. Ik weet wat me de rest van dit seizoen te doen staat.’’

Foto: ©Pics United

Leroy Fer: "Yes, I am deeply disappointed"

Thursday, January 31, 2013

The transfer of Leroy Fer from FC Twente to Everton's final of the track. Both clubs failed to agree on the payment of the transfer fee. Leroy Fer is 'deeply disappointed'.

Everton FC Twente and resume yesterday negotiating the transfer of the 23-year-old midfielder and international of Orange. Those were the night before discontinued because FC did not agree with another method of payment of the transfer fee. Everton insisted there after the medical examination in Liverpool on, because it would have more certainty about the healing of the left knee of Leroy Fer. He was four months ago had surgery for a damaged meniscus.

Refusal

FC Twente, through chairman Joop Munsterman and Aldo van der Laan, Vice Chairman of the Supervisory Board, however, refused to "renegotiate" after earlier agreement with Everton was reached. Then decided both clubs after the renewed attempt to cancel the negotiations.

The guidance of Everton has already announced that the next summer a new attempt will venture to Leroy Fer to Goodison Park to pick.

Death Sick

Leroy Fer responds "deeply disappointed" that his move to the Premier League and Everton now been canceled. ,, I stayed until the last minute hoping that keep the clubs there would come together,'' said the Sweeter inc. ,, Now that fails I have a moment to myself. I had in mind already in Liverpool, I looked forward to this step. Well, and if that still is blown I am there or just sick of yes.''

The "camp-Fer 'does nothing to reproach himself. ,, Everyone has everything to make this transfer to get around,'' said the player. ,, Rob Jansen, my father, my friend, everybody showed his good will to the matter and help to keep them going. I was even prepared financially brainstorm with the resulting problem. But nothing helped. Then it becomes difficult to reach a compromise. Although I had all this time had hoped.''

Flexibility?

Everton and FC Twente were diametrically opposed. Fer:,, I'm just approved by the doctors in England. The only comment we made was on my knee I'm four months ago to surgery. The meniscus is firmly back in order, but the wound is still fresh, although I can play back smoothly. Everton then decided to change the method of payment. Slightly more than security installation for inspection. I could there be something to imagine, especially when you talk about this kind of money.''

,, But Twente stuck to the earlier agreement reached. That agreement was also that nobody has ever denied. But it still had some flexibility also have. Especially when you consider the provisions in my contract that I'm standing on a transfer, I had expected that all would be well.''

Dismay

Leroy Fer was excited, but not defeated by the developments of the past few days. And not only by the ricochet of his dream transfer. He took with surprise and sometimes dismay of the statements that were made about him in some media. The dubious level thereof brought him off balance. In some people, he has the confidence even totally lost.

,, It is increasingly resemble that damaging people is becoming commonplace. I try to keep away from, but I will not deny that it has touched me greatly. Also I will have to give a place. Ideally for Sunday, because then waits FC Twente FC Utrecht. Indeed, no Everton Aston Villa on Saturday. It is what it is. I know what me the rest of this season to do.''

Photo: © Pics United

Everton boss David Moyes could not hide his disappointment at losing out on Leroy Fer despite Wednesday's win over West Brom. "Yes, it was disappointing," the Scot told Sky Sports. "I'm disappointed for the boy and I'm disappointed for our players because they're looking for me to add one or two new faces."

Does that mean we're not bringing anybody in?

Unless it was lost in translation...

The "camp-Fer 'does nothing to reproach himself. ,, Everyone has everything to make this transfer to get around,'' said the player. ,, Rob Jansen, my father, my friend, everybody showed his good will to the matter and help to keep them going. I was even prepared financially brainstorm with the resulting problem. But nothing helped. Then it becomes difficult to reach a compromise. Although I had all this time had hoped.''

That's how I read it.