IGNORED

Leroy Fer

• 2 months later...

I think we will only get Fer if Fellaini goes to be honest. Gibson is a player who can pass looks for the pass. Fellaini is a player who is strong, good passer, header and quick on the ball. Fer is also a simalar player to Felli. If we get him in the summer does that mean Gibbo would be playing less games as they both play in the same positions.

He's quoted as saying he'd like to join Everton.. he says Everton is his preference even over Man Utd and Moyes is not a factor.

That's not a hard decision to make given that United have never (as far as I know) been interested in signing him :unsure:.

That's not a hard decision to make given that United have never (as far as I know) been interested in signing him :unsure:.

That's sort of what he's saying. The sentence itself could be interpreted both ways as the verb "zou" can express both a hypothetical in the past and one in the future, but if you look at the context, he's really just calming down journalists who are asking him about Moyes wanting him and now being at United.

That's sort of what he's saying. The sentence itself could be interpreted both ways as the verb "zou" can express both a hypothetical in the past and one in the future, but if you look at the context, he's really just calming down journalists who are asking him about Moyes wanting him and now being at United.

Thanks for the clarification Steve :).

Fer has not heard anything but believes that his agent is in talks with Everton according to brittish newspapers. (dunno which, read it in a swedish news paper.

He wants to join Everton soon according to the same sources

I'd be delighted, we really need some athleticism in the centre of the park, it's something we badly lack.

It is alright Fer saying he would move to Everton but do you remember Ofoe, he said I want to come to Everton but no contact had been made since. Well not what we know off.

I think Ofoe was denied a work permit?

I am trusting Martinez on this one, no doubt he knows all about this lad, Trundle said in his interview that his knowledge of players is unbelievable.

If he comes, it will not be because of whether he is willing to sign for us (clearly he will), but whether Martinez thinks he is the right fit for the team.

Martinez may have some gems of his own up his sleeve. This is a proper exciting time to be an evertonian. Reminds me of when we had Joe Royle, signed Kanchelskis, had Ferguson etc. Its a new era.