IGNORED

Leroy Fer

I still want Fer. I just love you look of this guy and i do feel he is ideal for our team.

If there was anyway we could influence Martinez this would be one that i would go for. I know we are desperate for more firepower but i also trust in Jela and think he is going to come back strong next season. Watching him this season his general play was still impressive, he is a tough forward and a real handfull, the goals just didnt go in.

What we really miss is energy in the middle of the park and we dont have anyone close to Fer in that respect. Barkley is described on the web site as a box to box player but we all know that is way off, barkley is a forward thinking attacking player, but is not a very mobile player. We need energy in the middle.

Damn it sign this guy up, it sounds like he thinks about the move non stop.

I still want Fer. I just love you look of this guy and i do feel he is ideal for our team.

If there was anyway we could influence Martinez this would be one that i would go for. I know we are desperate for more firepower but i also trust in Jela and think he is going to come back strong next season. Watching him this season his general play was still impressive, he is a tough forward and a real handfull, the goals just didnt go in.

What we really miss is energy in the middle of the park and we dont have anyone close to Fer in that respect. Barkley is described on the web site as a box to box player but we all know that is way off, barkley is a forward thinking attacking player, but is not a very mobile player. We need energy in the middle.

Damn it sign this guy up, it sounds like he thinks about the move non stop.

I think we're hoping for a bit of a discount on this one, in case of a risk with that knee.

• 2 weeks later...

Leroy Fer tweeted a few days ago that "decisions will be made" when he is is back from his holiday. He is now back in Holland and the Daily Mail are reporting that Twente have given him three days to sort out his future. They claim Norwich are ready to step up their interest while the player is "holding out for late interest from Everton".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2358558/Norwich-City-Twente-midfielder-Leroy-Fer-close-Blackburns-Martin-Olsson.html

I'm going to put this out there (total bizarre idea so you've been warned).

Buy Leroy Fer for 75% of the transfer fee he will demand.

Loan him to Norwich City who will then pay the other 25%.

We would then have a player who's had a year's experience in the Premier League and then decide next year whether he is good enough or not.

It's the Daily Mail again, suggesting Norwich are bidding £4.3m for Fer: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2359108/Norwich-increase-efforts-sign-4-3m-Leroy-Fer-Ajaxs-Toby-Alderweireld.html

But the Twente chairman, who sounds as though he wants this deal completed soon, says he's expecting more like 10m Euros: http://www.insidefutbol.com/2013/07/09/on-the-verge-of-a-transfer-newcastle-and-norwich-chased-leroy-fer-left-out-of-pre-season-training-to-smooth-deal/91572/

Sky Sports reports his agent saying there are a number of offers from clubs around Europe: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11709/8814527/Transfer-News-Twente-star-Leroy-Fer-has-a-number-of-options

it seems like it's all coming to a head and his future will be sorted soon.

It's the Daily Mail again, suggesting Norwich are bidding £4.3m for Fer: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2359108/Norwich-increase-efforts-sign-4-3m-Leroy-Fer-Ajaxs-Toby-Alderweireld.html

But the Twente chairman, who sounds as though he wants this deal completed soon, says he's expecting more like 10m Euros: http://www.insidefutbol.com/2013/07/09/on-the-verge-of-a-transfer-newcastle-and-norwich-chased-leroy-fer-left-out-of-pre-season-training-to-smooth-deal/91572/

Sky Sports reports his agent saying there are a number of offers from clubs around Europe: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11709/8814527/Transfer-News-Twente-star-Leroy-Fer-has-a-number-of-options

it seems like it's all coming to a head and his future will be sorted soon.

That insidefutbol article is translated wrong entirely. Munsterman never said he's expecting more like 10m euros, in fact he even seems to imply that 5m euro is what they want from Norwich and that they know that and that he expects a deal to be done soon. However he also says "though you're never sure, as we have seen with Everton. They would initially pay 10m, but eventually only 2m was left", so it's saying not saying that the 10m bid was lowered by 2m either but lowered to 2m.

I'm starting to think maybe he isnt that good? If only Everton and Norwich want him, can he really be that great?

I also dont think Martinez has got any interest in him at all, why would he? Moyes was bringing him in to suit his style, Martinez is totally different so I cant see it.

I'm starting to think maybe he isnt that good? If only Everton and Norwich want him, can he really be that great?

I also dont think Martinez has got any interest in him at all, why would he? Moyes was bringing him in to suit his style, Martinez is totally different so I cant see it.

I think he'll be a good player for them, but there's plenty of good players about. Judging by some reactions on other forums and the like, I do think some Evertonians have build him up to be more than he is though, some seem quite obsessed with signing him and him alone :D

I have to admit that maybe i have misjudged this guy. He looks like an energetic box to box player, just the type of player i love. Watched plenty of vids on him and he looks the part. I really did and still want him to come.

But then looking at other comments and the fact theres not exactly a queue, and we have already pulled out of this one once. Then maybe there is a reason for this.

Why we getting hung up? Fer is Moye's choice and he dithered as usual. Fer isn't on our radar and isn't on many others as we can all see

It sounds to me that Fer would have liked to come to Everton this summer, but we haven't gone back in for him. He's not a particular cheap acquisition so if Martinez doesn't see this as a player he want so spend a fair amount of his funds on then so be it.

But it will be gutting if he's shit hot at Norwich and we let him slip under our noses though.

Well his price has fallen from what we tried to pay for him in January according to media sources in Norwich he will join for 5 million not sure if that's pounds or euros though I think it may be euros

It's 5m euros according to Dutch reporters.

That's 4.3 million pound which is bloody cheap considerinb we agreed 8 million in January for him. That's cheap for a young 23 year old Dutch international. I understand our supposed interest in him declined since January and nothing has materialised on our part and thus so I wish him all the luck at Norwich just don't want him to score against us. He had his heart set on a move to us only for it to break down.