IGNORED

Leroy Fer

The reason this is happening is because Moysey has been tracking this guy for the last three years and knows there could be a problem. Due to this we are being very careful. This is good strategy.

Also we are not leaving it till the lasy minute. Lets face it, we know our targets and have known for the last few months if not longer. Moyes is not spending another second on this transfer, it is in the hands of our lawyers and BK now. Moyes is already looking at alternatives himself.

If Twente want to do the old "our way or the highway" then stuff em! we need to deal with mature proffesional clubs and Twente are acting like they are run by a bunch of teenagers at the moment. I mean with the ammended arrangment they would still recieve the cash if the guy holds up!

a deal was agree..pending a medical..as per most deals that are reported agreed...fuck me anyone would think we're the first club to ever find something at a players medical

I blame the medical staffshaking fist.png !

Should have just taken his temperature then cupped his bollocks while he coughed....he'd be signed by nowdry.png .

Everton jumped the gun announcing it as a done deal (already have a few priors with this sort of thing), their scouts would have known about Fer's injuries in the past and that there'd be a risk of his knees not being 100%. He wasn't in the country yet or even spoke a word to the manager. Could have been a nice surprise before the WBA game, but the Everton PR boys don't have the patience for that. 'Some good news, have that fans!' *pats self on back* 'we're gonna sell soo many half-season tickets' ... 'Shitdoh.gif , it's balls up again'

In the past we have all had a habit of complaining that we dont here anything at all until we have a complete deal done and this drives us nuts. Now they announce that they have reached a deal with the club and we still hate it.

Solution, BAN all transfer days. Im going nuts.

Can i ask peoples opinions?

Knowing, or rather guessing what we think we know, Do we still think this guy would be a good investment?

People seem to think that this knee injury has popped out of nowhere, it hasn't and DM,BK and anyone else who deals with scouting or recruitment would have had prior knowledge of it that is why i'm criticising them because they have left it so late. They probably had no intention of signing him it's all been a PR stunt to silence the fans or is that me being cynical.

How anybody thinks the club is at fault in any way is simply beyond me on this.

The knee problem may or not have been known about. His medical records on the subject will be confidential and unavailable till the fee is agreed, so the true factual extent of the problem will not be fully understood until the medical.

Lots of transfers at lots of major clubs have fallen down at this stage before.

Everyone knew Lescott had dodgy legs at the time, so should we have not put in a bid for him?

How anybody thinks the club is at fault in any way is simply beyond me on this.

The knee problem may or not have been known about. His medical records on the subject will be confidential and unavailable till the fee is agreed, so the true factual extent of the problem will not be fully understood until the medical.

Lots of transfers at lots of major clubs have fallen down at this stage before.

Everyone knew Lescott had dodgy legs at the time, so should we have not put in a bid for him?

If the problems known or suspected it should be discussed or mentioned for some lee-way to renegotiate. It's good business acumen, may make future dealings difficult if it stains our reputation.

Edited by pete0

Theres a difference between a done deal and a deal agreed, it could have hinged on the wage demands. but its because of the Medical, good for you Everton.

I think theres some people who just want to forget the medical and sign him on. Similar to what we did with Van der Meyde ?? no thanks.

Plan B Vadis Ofoe for half the money, or loan with the option.

Edited by Bill

People seem to think that this knee injury has popped out of nowhere, it hasn't and DM,BK and anyone else who deals with scouting or recruitment would have had prior knowledge of it that is why i'm criticising them because they have left it so late. They probably had no intention of signing him it's all been a PR stunt to silence the fans or is that me being cynical.

course they would know but they wouldn't let our medical staff give him a medical before a deal is agreed would they

Isn't that what we're doing?

Twente say: "yeah the young lad Fer has a bit of a knee problem, but it's nothing serious our medical staff have full confidence it will not affect him long term, we're happy for your medical chaps to have a look at confirm."

Everton say: "ok we'll provisionally sign off on the commercials discussed, subject to the medical and personal terms."

then we do the medical... oh look!

Everton say: " we do not agree with your medical assessment, we belive based on facts x,y,z etc. that we need to safeguard our investment based upon these new payment terms to mitigate the risk of the player having knee problems later in his career."

the problem in the way we handle this is what?

Spot on.

Plan B Vadis Ofoe for half the money, or loan with the option.

Would you come here if you were him, after being a late option last transfer window, and no offer at all at the start of this window, I'd have had my nose put right out of joint

Isn't that what we're doing?

Twente say: "yeah the young lad Fer has a bit of a knee problem, but it's nothing serious our medical staff have full confidence it will not affect him long term, we're happy for your medical chaps to have a look at confirm."

Everton say: "ok we'll provisionally sign off on the commercials discussed, subject to the medical and personal terms."

then we do the medical... oh look!

Everton say: " we do not agree with your medical assessment, we belive based on facts x,y,z etc. that we need to safeguard our investment based upon these new payment terms to mitigate the risk of the player having knee problems later in his career."

the problem in the way we handle this is what?

No way they'd just take their word for it like gospel as first. There was already a flag raised about his knees before the medical, common sense to ask for some wiggle room from Twente beforehand if the medical didn't go smoothly.

Of course they wouldn't take their word, hence the medical.

but seriously, Wiggle Room? In a multimillion pound negotiation?

Twente would be expected to negotiate at that point what if the medical fails?

Good Luck with that.

But seriously, you say the players fine. I'll take your word for it. In a multimillion pound negotiation?

Jesus some people are fickle no one is saying the club and all involved wouldn't have known he had a previous knee injury but it's the extent of the damaged caused that's obviously been picked up in the medical.

Would you freely spend 8k on a car knowing that it had a blown head gasket that was then skimmed and plonked on a forecourt? I wouldn't and if I was to buy the car I'd want extra warranty at a better price.....

I'm as pissed off as anyone that we have hit a big stumbling block but with us offering or trying to negotiate a better deal to protect ourselves shows that we still want him and a level head in trying to protect an investment.

I hope we get him but not at the cost of potentially pissing 8+ million down the drain

Today our star player, Chadli, was dragged off the pitch, with what looks to be an injury of the hamstring. If he will not be able to play for - let's say 3 months - my personal thought is that Mr. Munsterman will be more willing to cooperate to get Djuricic, because he can play on the same position Chadli plays. If the MRI of Chadli shows something bad, my bet is Fer will be standing in Goodison Park tonight ;)

It's still on website in news archive on 28th January

Cheers

Today our star player, Chadli, was dragged off the pitch, with what looks to be an injury of the hamstring. If he will not be able to play for - let's say 3 months - my personal thought is that Mr. Munsterman will be more willing to cooperate to get Djuricic, because he can play on the same position Chadli plays. If the MRI of Chadli shows something bad, my bet is Fer will be standing in Goodison Park tonight wink.png

I guess we won't be buying Chadi then. wacko.png

I think we are going to buy another player, so unless you drop the price to 4 million and and also lend us 5 million so we can pay you , then the deal is off.

you don't take their word for it...that's why you do your own medical? i'm sorry am i missing something here? have i simplified this too much in my head?

never gonna agree i guess some people just wanna spend for the sake and want to moan they get told too much or not enough..

Edited by marcopaulo

TRANSFER LATEST

BBC Sport's chief football writer Phil McNulty reports: "Leroy Fer has returned to Holland while Everton and FC Twente attempt to resolve a hitch holding up his £8.6m move to Goodison Park.

"Everton want to restructure payment of the fee after the 23-year Netherlands midfield man's medical uncovered a problem with his knee.

"Fer was on Merseyside on Tuesday hoping to complete the deal and while Everton are still prepared to pay the full fee, FC Twente are refusing to accept the changes in the way it will be paid.

"Everton have given FC Twente until this evening to agree or they will explore other options - but so far there is no sign of a breakthrough in negotiations."

Its common knowledge that medical files are confidential and have to be handled in an appropriate manner.

This is exactly what has happened. hence the reason most profesional clubs transfers hinge on a club medical.

I have to say there are two differing opinions here.

My own personal opinion is that we are handling this profesionally and correctly.

Twente are trying to pull the strong arm here.

While others see it as being handled unprofesionally.

I cannot say who is right and who is wrong, but i can say that i would prefer us to be cautious with the little cash we have. When it was first announced i pointed out that it was not a complete deal and that all that had happenned was that a price was agreed.

No-where did the club anounce that we had signed a player! did they?

Cheers

I guess we won't be buying Chadi then. wacko.png

I think we are going to buy another player, so unless you drop the price to 4 million and and also lend us 5 million so we can pay you , then the deal is off.

Twente needs the full deal, 8 to 10 millions directly, to buy replacements. Let's see where the negotiations will be heading in the next couple of hours.

Twente needs the full deal, 8 to 10 millions directly, to buy replacements. Let's see where the negotiations will be heading in the next couple of hours.

Can't Twente pay for Djuricic and Claudemir in multiple terms as well? It's not that uncommon, is it?

Apparently Fer turned down Napoli and Benfica because he wanted to move to the PL btw; according to Corriere dello Sport.

Edited by Steve_E

Can't Twente pay for Djuricic and Claudemir in multipe terms as well? It's not that uncommon, is it?

Apparently Fer turned down Napoli and Benfica because he wanted to move to the PL btw; according to Corriere dello Sport.

SC Heerenveen declined a 5,5 mil. euro's bid from FC Twente yesterday and need the cash directly to invest in new players. Djuricic is their only top player, if they lose him, they'll probably fight for relegation the next half season. As for Claudemir, I don't really know, a personal agreement has been made and FC Kopenhagen is willing to sell him. (http://www.twentefans.nl/nieuws/9069/claudemir-wil-graag-naar-fc-twente.html)

It's true Leroy only wanted to go to the Premier League, because he thought that his abilities will be most suited for the Premier League (http://www.twentefans.nl/nieuws/9040/-everton-sneller-gekomen-dan-verwacht-.html)

Catch 22 here....

If we dont buy him because of his knee and he goes on to be a success elsewhere we will never stop complaining about another "One that got away."

If we do buy him and his knee buckles we will complain that the money was wasted and should have spent elsewhere.

In summary, we do like a moan dont we?