IGNORED

Leroy Fer

I'm trying to stay positive. He's played for Feyernoord and FC Twente without problems so I don't see why he should start now. I'm sure everything will turn out fine and he'll be ours soon. The question is whether he will make his debut against West Brom (which I doubt).

Reports in Holland are that the teams actually haven't agreed a deal yet. Apparently Everton came up with additional conditions Twente doesn't agree with. Can't agree about the amount of payment terms. Little chance of still reaching an agreement.

(http://www.voetbalzo....asp?uid=181185)

Crap.....we said the deal had been agreed and we just needed to sort terms with the player, so someone's bullshitting.

Reports in Holland are that the teams actually haven't agreed a deal yet. Apparently Everton came up with additional conditions Twente doesn't agree with. Can't agree about the amount of payment terms. Little chance of still reaching an agreement.

(http://www.voetbalzo....asp?uid=181185)

Twente's chairman has confirmed the deal is off to Dutch national television. Negotations are done for now. He's also confirmed any reports about Fer failing a medical in English media are rubbish.

(http://nos.nl/artike...-beklonken.html)

Edited by Steve_E

Got to be a wind up surely!!

I know we can be a nightmare when it comes to these kind of situations but to be allowed to fly out and have a medical with such important contractual details still outstanding is ludicrous....isn't it!?

Hope this is a piss take or I'll be really fucked off :(

Twente's chairman has confirmed the deal is off to Dutch national television. Negotations are done for now. He's also confirmed any reports about Fer failing a medical in English media are rubbish.

(http://nos.nl/artike...-beklonken.html)

Surely moyes wouldn't have said about the medical and all and the official website said that we have agreed a deal if its true we have added additional conditions on the payments then its possible to come to a compromise or go back to the original deal. Also if this were true don't you think the typical englisg media would be all over this with sky sports and so on reporting of a stumble in the deal

If you even followed us you would know gourcuff is not what we need he is old injury prone and not worth it anyways we need a strong playmaking defensive box to box midfielder not gourcuff

err, uncalled for? Hes 26 and from what Ive read quite well regarded. Also, an attaching midfielder would mean Felli playing in his natural position, which makes quite a bit of sense...

Fer is definitely having or already had a medical today, so it's perfectly possible Moyes to comment on it. The deal has definitely hit a snag though, it's the Dutch version of the BBC reporting Twente's chairman has said Everton want to spread the payment over more installments than agreed on, along with multiple journalists from different newspapers independently reporting it as well.

(Also, Gourcuff has played like 5 good games in the last 4 seasons. Wouldn't want him. Not that it's relevant as we're not linked to him)

Edited by Steve_E

err, uncalled for? Hes 26 and from what Ive read quite well regarded. Also, an attaching midfielder would mean Felli playing in his natural position, which makes quite a bit of sense...

Yeah okay he isn't too old yeah but is he really what we need? Also would cost the same amount of money and he is injury prone. Plus I rather doubt we would be able to agree a deal with staggered payments with Lyon for him. Fer is younger more ideal for the way we play and the premier league for one moyes seems to think he is good enough for us! He has better and more suited attributes and fills a more needed position which we require. It's know that besides fellaini and with Gibson injured we lack any strength or quality in the midfield he is also young and has bags of potential. I'd much rather have him thanks! After all when it comes to players moyes does his homework we can all pretend to scouts but the fact is we're not if anyone knows what players will be best suited to our club it's him!

Yeah okay he isn't too old yeah but is he really what we need? Also would cost the same amount of money and he is injury prone. Plus I rather doubt we would be able to agree a deal with staggered payments with Lyon for him. Fer is younger more ideal for the way we play and the premier league for one moyes seems to think he is good enough for us! He has better and more suited attributes and fills a more needed position which we require. It's know that besides fellaini and with Gibson injured we lack any strength or quality in the midfield he is also young and has bags of potential. I'd much rather have him thanks! After all when it comes to players moyes does his homework we can all pretend to scouts but the fact is we're not if anyone knows what players will be best suited to our club it's him!

Not saying who I would prefer and cant say who would be the better deal. But Gourcuff isnt a bad player by all accounts, a player to sit behind the striker and feed it into Jelas feet? Sounds like just the kind of player we need.

I think I could some of the answers asked here as a supporter of FC Twente from the Netherlands.

Fer is one of the key players in this years squad of FC Twente. He is strong, has very good heading skills and scored a good amout of goals. He is recognized as one of the biggest talents the Eredivisie has to offer. I think our ways of playing are very comparable and our level is about the same, so he will an immediate reforcement for your squad. However, he has been ruled out for a long time because of a knee injury, and about a week ago he recovered again from a knee injury after the training camp in Maspalomas. This explains the rumours of the failed medical tests.

All I can say that it would be a very good deal for us to sell him to Everton, because we already have agreements with two replacements for Fer (Filip Djuricic from SC Heerenveen and Claudemir from FC Kopenhagen). I think our chairman, Joop Munsterman, is just trying to get more money out of the deal. I don't know if any of you heard of the Luuk de Jong transfer to Gladbach (He finally went to Germany with a €15 million deal), but this seems a very similar transfer.

If you have any more questions, I'll try to answer them.