IGNORED

Leroy Fer

By the look of the smiles, it's probably more than he'd get serving burgers at Macdonalds.

BBu7oKACEAApv07.jpg

That's his agent with him, he looks like his hands have seized up from rubbing together too much. That smile won't wash off until Christmas!

And Mirallas, that video is legendary. I don't even play RPG games but its always cracks me up!

I don't get the horse thing, regarding his girlfriend living in a block of flats.

It's not like if she lived in a semi, she'd have just put the £22k horse in the back garden. The horse would surely be in stables, no?

Any way, according to Fer, he'd already thought of everything, and isn't as daft as folk make out.

th_wingedhorse.jpg

Interviewer: congratulations, there's still some formalities to do, but you're practically there, how excited are you?

Leroy: It's ironical really since I was an LFC fan ever since I was a little boy. Funny how life goes sometimes. I have mixed feelings about leaving Twente, but it was a good offer.

Interviewer: The transfer fee was rather high.

Leroy: I suppose it is. To be honest I never thought I'd leave Twente. according to the media, Everton seems to have been willing to offer a whopping €10 million price for me, maybe a bit too much, but it shows they have confidence in me. There's a lot of money in the Premier League.

What's your opinion on the Premier League?

Even if the quality of the league has diminished a bit over the past years, it's still a great league for a box-to-box player like me with lots of great teams and I see it as a suitable intermediate step towards top leagues like Germany, Spain or Italy.

How would you describe Everton?

Not what they used to be, but they're doing alright now. Even though now I could probably forget about European football with my new team, I hope that I can contribute to avoid, say, relegation.

In this new team, you will face new competition for your position?

Yes that's true, but they don't have a broad squad of players. But if I take a look at the players, I expect myself on top of the pecking order very soon.

I just stopped translating there, it bummed me out as the true Everton fan I am.

(don't shoot me I was just *having a laugh*)

Edited by Mirallas

Some of his comments there a bit disturbing,

suitable intermediate step towards top leagues like Germany, Spain or Italy..

But if I take a look at the players, I expect myself on top of the pecking order very soon.

Not what they used to be, but they're doing alright now. Even though now I could probably forget about European football with my new team, I hope that I can contribute to avoid, say, relegation.

relegation, what planet is he coming from like, we are nowhere near relegation fodder. Does he know we are in the running for Europe this year. I'm going to forget I read some of them or I'l be on the hate wagon straight away, what a plonker.

Video interview.

Can anybody translate?

http://nos.nl/video/...ar-everton.html

He's basically saying: It's a very nice step to take and he's very happy with it. It came sooner than expected as he and his agent had concluded that leaving in the summer would be the best option. But Everton and the Premier League was to good to turn down. He thinks he'll fit in well in England with his box-to-box skills. About Everton he says: They're fifth now and they're doing really well, they got a lot of quality in the team. "We" want to qualify for Europe and I hope I can contribute to reaching that goal. He hasn't spoken to Moyes yet, his agent has dealt with him mainly, but he has assured him that Moyes really wants him. He realizes that moving in the middle of the season isn't ideal, but he hopes to make a good impression soon and earn a spot in the starting eleven. Then they go on a bit about Twente, he could have won silverware there this season, but he really wants to make this next step. He also hasn't talked to Van Gaal (manager of the Dutch national team) about this and everyone he knows is really happy for him. At the end, the interviewer says that they he's going to England in order to agree personal terms, Fer says he'll hold himself aloof and leave that to his agent.

Maybe yea, I think if it's a weekend game the player must be registered by noon on Friday, so logic says it'll be the same on a Tuesday! I'm pretty sure it's been wrapped up already, they will get him registered before 12 they might just delay the announcement so they can sort out a press conference etc.

even if he was registered in time, cant see Moyes throwing him in before hes had a training session with the team

Interviewer: congratulations, there's still some formalities to do, but you're practically there, how excited are you?

Leroy: It's ironical really since I was an LFC fan ever since I was a little boy. Funny how life goes sometimes. I have mixed feelings about leaving Twente, but it was a good offer.

Leroy: I suppose it is. To be honest I never thought I'd leave Twente. according to the media, Everton seems to have been willing to offer a whopping €10 million price for me, maybe a bit too much, but it shows they have confidence in me. There's a lot of money in the Premier League.

Even if the quality of the league has diminished a bit over the past years, it's still a great league for a box-to-box player like me with lots of great teams and I see it as a suitable intermediate step towards top leagues like Germany, Spain or Italy.

Yes that's true, but they don't have a broad squad of players. But if I take a look at the players, I expect myself on top of the pecking order very soon.

I just stopped translating there, it bummed me out as the true Everton fan I am.

I went from confused to slightly upset to extremely angry up until I saw the "avoid relegation" bit. At which point I realized it was a joke. I'm an idiot.

He's basically saying: It's a very nice step to take and he's very happy with it. It came sooner than expected as he and his agent had concluded that leaving in the summer would be the best option. But Everton and the Premier League was to good to turn down. He thinks he'll fit in well in England with his box-to-box skills. About Everton he says: They're fifth now and they're doing really well, they got a lot of quality in the team. "We" want to qualify for Europe and I hope I can contribute to reaching that goal. He hasn't spoken to Moyes yet, his agent has dealt with him mainly, but he has assured him that Moyes really wants him. He realizes that moving in the middle of the season isn't ideal, but he hopes to make a good impression soon and earn a spot in the starting eleven. Then they go on a bit about Twente, he could have won silverware there this season, but he really wants to make this next step. He also hasn't talked to Van Gaal (manager of the Dutch national team) about this and everyone he knows is really happy for him. At the end, the interviewer says that they he's going to England in order to agree personal terms, Fer says he'll hold himself aloof and leave that to his agent.

Thanks Steve.

And Mirallas, shaking fist.png

Very good mate. laugh.png

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

I am going cut your heart out with a spoon for that. rofl.gif (I was thinking all sorts while I read that, totally fooled me)

Alan Rickman as Sheriff of Nottingham to Guy of Gisbourne in Robin Hood Prince of thieves starring Morgan Freeman and Kevin Costner as Robin Hood with Christain Slater as Will Scarlet and Mary Masterantonio as Lady Marion.

Err is that close?

indeed, but remember the quote being different ;)