IGNORED

Leroy Fer

Might as well post it here so that people can read it here instead of in the link Avin posted. If this all is true then we might have dodged a bullet here. Brilliant player but is it worth the hassle. Love the comparisons to Drenthe and Fellaini.

Derksen is a journalist here in NL.

Wilfred Genee is the presenter of the show

Derksen: "FC Twente had good reason to sell him, he of course has a bad knee, he's injury-prone and he missed a lot of games. Twente could also use the money."

Wilfred Genee: "But do they know it in England that he has a bad knee?"

Derksen: "Well, he just didn't play a lot of games and they (Twente) are worried about that, Besides, they think he's a useful midfielder. But Twente needs creativity in midfield and Fer lacks that creativity. So taking that in account, Djuricic (Twente are rumoured to sign him from heereveen to replace Fer) would be a better fit for Twente."

Derksen: "Something rather painfull has come to my attention regarding another source and that's why I called Joop Munsterman (Twente's Chairman) again, but he was not available at that time, time Joop was gone.

There will come a very painfull court case against Fer, It goes back to his Feyenoord period and that case is going to get a lot of attention.

I'm afraid, knowing Joop, who already got this kind of trouble with the Theo Janssen case, and what Fer did isn't just driving trough a red traffic light, it's really a very serious case."

Genee/van der Gijp: "But you do not know what the case is about?"

Derksen: "I know what it's about, but it would be rude to tell that, because my source wasn't allowed to tell me this. If Joop wanted to confirm it? I wouldn't mind going into details. Joop pretends to be crazy and acts like doesn't know about it.

Genee: "But Johan, you do realise everyone is now going to speculate about it?"

Derksen: "I don't care, they can speculate all they want, I'm not going into details."

Derksen: "But anyway, it's going to get a lot of publicity and my personal feeling is that Joop found that out as well and that he thinks that, yeah, it happened at Feyenoord, but it's going to leave Twente with the side-effects. Besides, they are already not too happy with another issue involving Fer having bought a horse for 28.000 euro's yet didn't have a clue what to do with it and were to leave it! Apparently he also seems to involve himself with women a lot in Enschede, last week he was out with Cabral (team-mate of him) and then the police came at his front door. Twente are not very happy with Fer. And that's why they think that ten million is good business for Twente."

Schelvis (guest): "But do they know this at Everton?"

Van der Gijp: "Well, from now on they do! haha."

Derksen: "I think that Rob Janssen (agent) isn't happy about me revealing this because Rob thinks.. there goes my agents fee!

Derksen: "It's of course really painful from the police and justice as well, it's a rather old case, but in the Dutch judicial system it takes a long time to come to court and it starts in about two months. Feyenoord are also happy that he's gone beacuse now they don't have anything to do with this case anymore."

Schelvis: "But couldn't this mess up the potential transfer to Everton? I don't think Everton are... well, they just got Drenthe out of the club."

Derksen: "I don't think they will get really nervous at Everton because of the fact that he has to go to court here in Holland."

Genee: "They are used to court cases with footballers in England, aren't they?"

Schelvis: "Well, if he has to go to jail, it will be difficult playing in England of course!

Genee: "Fellaini once hit a woman in her face in a disco."

Schelvis: "Than Fer has found the right team to play for it seems!

Genee: "Indeed, it seems like such things don't impress them in England to much!

He was deemed fit enough to play by Twente's staff. I saw him last weekend against Feyenoord and he was Twente's best player so I don't think he's in danger of collapsing right now, but if his knee could start troubling him in a year, or in two years, or whatever, then that's a risk I don't think we should be taking.

could just be our staff have better equipment or are more fussy?

On the flip side, if theres nothing to worry about why not accept a deal based on appearances? If they have faith in his ability and fitness, money will arrive in no time, so dont see the fuss....

Hope this isnt our 'Demba Ba', passing up on a talent because of an old injury.

TRANSFER WINDOW LATEST

Is there trouble brewing at Everton?

Press Association Sport are reporting that Everton's move for FC Twente midfielder Leroy Fer could be in trouble because of a problem with the player's medical.

Press Association Sport understands that medical staff have identified an issue which raised enough concerns for Everton to go back to Twente in an attempt to renegotiate the deal.

Edited by Bill

TRANSFER WINDOW LATEST

Is there trouble brewing at Everton?

Press Association Sport are reporting that Everton's move for FC Twente midfielder Leroy Fer could be in trouble because of a problem with the player's medical.

Press Association Sport understands that medical staff have identified an issue which raised enough concerns for Everton to go back to Twente in an attempt to renegotiate the deal.

Thanks for clearing that up Bill :P

A press officer from the justice department (Nicolette Stoel) has said that Fer is expected to appear before a "Officer of Justice" (I don't think there's a similar function in the British justice system), not before a judge. Which means he's wanted for a misdemeanor or less. They're going to offer a settlement which would have him either pay a fine or do community service. He can't be punished harder than that. They won't comment on what he supposedly did to protect his privacy. A lot of Dutch fans seem to think it was actually Munsterman himself who leaked rumours about his partying and legal problems to Derksen to convince their fans that they haven't got a bad deal selling him now.

According to Leon ten Voorde of newspaper Tubantia (similar to Greg O'Keeffe and the Echo for Everton) Fer's agent Rob Jansen is still in Liverpool and Everton aren't concerned about his legal issues. The problem is his knee, they tested his knee three times before they gave the go ahead.

A press officer from the justice department (Nicolette Stoel) has said that Fer is expected to appear before a "Officer of Justice" (I don't think there's a similar function in the British justice system), not before a judge. Which means he's wanted for a misdemeanor or less. They're going to offer a settlement which would have him either pay a fine or do community service. He can't be punished harder than that. They won't comment on what he supposedly did to protect his privacy. A lot of Dutch fans seem to think it was actually Munsterman himself who leaked rumours about his partying and legal problems to Derksen to convince their fans that they haven't got a bad deal selling him now.

According to Leon ten Voorde of newspaper Tubantia (similar to Greg O'Keeffe and the Echo for Everton) Fer's agent Rob Jansen is still in Liverpool and Everton aren't concerned about his legal issues. The problem is his knee, they tested his knee three times before they gave the go ahead.

Thanks, Steve, you're more useful than the club right now!

In a funny way I'm glad they've said that. I don't want Twente dicking us around and I want us to have enough time (if Fer falls through) to be able to get a suitable replacement.

I think he'll still come, the player has his heart set on a move and will push the deal through. The question is whether we are able to sign more players with this transfer taking up so much time, I mean, how many negotiators do we have at the club?

In typical Everton fashion we balls up the transfer, The last player we didn't sign due to an old injury hasn't done so bad for himself has he, Mr Ba.

Why can Everton ever do things simple like every other club in the country. His knee must have been known about surely. Everton make me so mad sometimes.

Get him signed and someone else and hurry the f*#k up as we now know you have at least 8.5mil to negotiate a transfer with so come on DM & BK sort it.

In typical Everton fashion we balls up the transfer, The last player we didn't sign due to an old injury hasn't done so bad for himself has he, Mr Ba.

Why can Everton ever do things simple like every other club in the country. His knee must have been known about surely. Everton make me so mad sometimes.

Get him signed and someone else and hurry the f*#k up as we now know you have at least 8.5mil to negotiate a transfer with so come on DM & BK sort it.

Yeah Im with you on this I just want to know who it was that put the tackle in that injured Fer's knee

Was in BK with a sliding tackle, was it Moysie with a two footed cruncher ar maybe Elstone going over the top of the ball?

A lot of people are blaming Everton here and not really getting to grips with our current situation, or that of other clubs.

Buying and selling players is a bit like buying and selling houses.

You speak to the agents, and scout around a little yourselves, and if you see something you like, you make an enquiry. Then the other club need to weigh up if the deal is good for them, and whether they could replace to their benefit, and so a chain begins.

Then, just like having a survey done on the house, you do background checks on the player and put him through a medical, in order to protect your potential investment, and that is presuming that you have the finances in place to do the deal.

There is a huge amount of effort coming from our club to keep the club on track, from top to bottom, and I'd like it more if our fans didn't automatically jump on the clubs back when the club rightly work within their boundaries.

Ba didn't fail the medical at Everton he failed it at Stoke. Then Stoke weren't interested but Everton were, West Ham showed interest and he chose to go to them over us. We probably would have signed him if it wasn't for West Ham.

Also what Everton are doing is the right thing anyway. We said we would give them 8.6 million providing he passes a medical. He failed his medical so all Everton are saying is we will pay you in instalments. We don't want to be spending 8.6 mil on a player who then gets injured and is out for the season. I would rather pay 3 million up front and then if he goes the rest of the season without getting injured we pay the rest of the money.

Yeah Im with you on this I just want to know who it was that put the tackle in that injured Fer's knee

Was in BK with a sliding tackle, was it Moysie with a two footed cruncher ar maybe Elstone going over the top of the ball?

In context, I meant they must have known about his knee before they made a bid yet wait until his medical before saying they may not sign him. top marks for sarcasm though nice one.

Everton jumped the gun announcing it as a done deal (already have a few priors with this sort of thing), their scouts would have known about Fer's injuries in the past and that there'd be a risk of his knees not being 100%. He wasn't in the country yet or even spoke a word to the manager. Could have been a nice surprise before the WBA game, but the Everton PR boys don't have the patience for that. 'Some good news, have that fans!' *pats self on back* 'we're gonna sell soo many half-season tickets' ... 'Shitdoh.gif , it's balls up again'

Everton jumped the gun announcing it as a done deal (already have a few priors with this sort of thing), their scouts would have known about Fer's injuries in the past and that there'd be a risk of his knees not being 100%. He wasn't in the country yet or even spoke a word to the manager. Could have been a nice surprise before the WBA game, but the Everton PR boys don't have the patience for that. 'Some good news, have that fans!' *pats self on back* 'we're gonna sell soo many half-season tickets' ... 'Shitdoh.gif , it's balls up again'

I agree, I do think that Everton did announce it to early. Knowing our luck though someone else will come in and go we will pay the full amount for him....probably QPR. ;-)

How have they jumped the gun?

Everton has agreed a deal with FC Twente for the transfer of Dutch international Leroy Fer.

The 23-year-old midfielder will now head to Merseyside to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical.

Fer started his career at Feyenoord before making the switch to Twente where he has made 29 appearances, scoring 10 goals.

An international team mate of Blues defender John Heitinga, he has made two full appearances for the Netherlands.

Fans complain when they're not informed and then complain when they are. dont know.gif

If you're going to criticise the club at least get your facts right. Demba Ba failed his medical at Stoke City, we never had an interest in him.

I'm not complaining, I just think with this deal we did announce it a bit to early. We said a deal was agreed, someone must have done a bit of research on him and found he got injured with a knee problem when ever it was.....If there was any doubt about his knee, then we should have kept it quiet as much as possible. That's all I am saying.

A scout can watch a player and say yeah he is good, he will fit in the Everton team. Which is good yeah but are you telling me that Everton don't have someone who does research into each player to see the injury file and everything else.