IGNORED

Leroy Fer

Says that Everton might go for other targets, would be harder to get a good deal now wouldnt it? With reported figures of how much we were thinking of paying for Fer?

Mind you, also says were trying to push the deal through.... Damn journalists!!!

He had a knee problem, came back stronger.

Mirallas had no knee problems, came to Everton, can't stay off the bloody physio's table.

Anyone smell the Ofoe bull? How many times can Everton truely fuck up a transfer? There's got to be at least one every window and they make themselves look worse, by announcing it. Idiots.

He had a knee problem, came back stronger.

Mirallas had no knee problems, came to Everton, can't stay off the bloody physio's table.

Anyone smell the Ofoe bull? How many times can Everton truely fuck up a transfer? There's got to be at least one every window and they make themselves look worse, by announcing it. Idiots.

I know its frustrating but how can you possibly blame this on the club?

Surely Everton are doing the right thing, would you rather they just ignored the medical advice?

I think that Twente will be forced to sell because Fer wants to come to us so much. His agent will want to push through with the deal because he will get some money out of it and I really think that because Twente have replacements lined up they'll give in to the players demands and let him leave. I'm just as nervous as the rest of the people on here but I really do think that he's going to come.

Edit: I think that J was getting at the fact that we announce transfers when we don't know the full story about the player (i.e. - Fer's reported knee problem).

Edited by Zoo

I think that Twente will be forced to sell because Fer wants to come to us so much. His agent will want to push through with the deal because he will get some money out of it and I really think that because Twente have replacements lined up they'll give in to the players demands and let him leave. I'm just as nervous as the rest of the people on here but I really do think that he's going to come.

Edit: I think that J was getting at the fact that we announce transfers when we don't know the full story about the player (i.e. - Fer's reported knee problem).

Their replacements aren't really lined up though. Heerenveen's chairman reportedly won't settle for anything less than £5,5m for Djuricic and has confirmed he's turned down an offer from Twente today and has said he doesn't think it's likely Djuricic will leave in january as they can really use them in their relegation struggle.

With the money they get for Fer they could line up a deal for Djuricic. Plus the player himself would probably push through a deal (as it's a lot more exciting fighting for the league with Twente then in a relegation battle).

In some way all rumours on here have some truth he passed his medical although it showed signs that there maybe a recurring knee problem hence why everton wanted to renegotiate the instalments on payments with some of it to be payed when he makes a certain number of appearances nothing sinister about it sounds like twente are the sinister ones in this

Dunc, Zoo summed it up for me!

It's not that I'm blaming the club for the (potentional) failing of a signing, it's that we announce deals etc, before we know the true extent of what's happening.

We were pretty much told Odidija was signed, then there were issues. We were told Fernandes was signed, attended a game and pissed off to Valencia. We were told a deal was on place for Moutinho...didn't happen. And this one Is the same, "Deal agreed with Twente for Leroy Fer", having medical, everything's good....oh. Wait. Hang on. No it's not.

More frustration at the announcements.

I think we shouldn't have got the fans excited by announcing it before everything was official. But I agree we shouldn't just ignore the results of the medical. He might well be able to play as if nothing's wrong, I remember Stoke passing on Ba because their medical showed knee problems as well, but I just wouldn't take the chance. Turn to someone else. Twente are the ones who're really fucked here. Now they have a disillusioned player on their hands who might injure himself pretty seriously in the next couple of years.

I think we shouldn't have got the fans excited by announcing it before everything was official. But I agree we shouldn't just ignore the results of the medical. He might well be able to play as if nothing's wrong, I remember Stoke passing on Ba because their medical showed knee problems as well, but I just wouldn't take the chance. Turn to someone else. Twente are the ones who're really fucked here. Now they have a disillusioned player on their hands who might injure himself pretty seriously in the next couple of years.

I think we need to know the extent of the knee problem before we can say whether we would take a chance on it or not. If there is a chance that he might fuck it up in 2-3 years then I'd say take a chance on him but if it turns out that when he jogs little green goo leaks out of him then I'd say leave him at Twente. The fact is we don't know as supporters how bad this knee is so we can't start kicking off at each other as to whether we should sign him or not.