IGNORED

Landon Donovan

Donovan would have to really fuck things up to not be considered a legend in LA. The fans would understand 100% if he left to finish his career in Europe. He's already brought them multiple championships.

He's not the player he was 2-3 years ago but he'd still be valuable, talent wise, to Everton. The question for me, as I've stated before on here, is his commitment and motivation. He doesn't even want to play in World Cup Qualifiers right now and is joining the Galaxy late not due particular injuries of note. There's got to be some concern for us as to how much he is committed to the game.

Agreed with this, however I'm trying to figure out if he is sick of football period, or sick of LA and not playing in a league with players and competition up to the standard that he can play at. If it's the former, he doesn't really belong here, if it's the latter he could be a valuable squad player for us.

He did OK the first time, didn't do so good the second time, i think a 3rd time would be a complete waste of our resources on a player we dont need. I'm sure Mirallas and Coleman could do a better job, then Naismith would probably get in ahead of him.

So we cant afford to pay players who will give never get a game.

Edited by Bill

He did OK the first time, didn't do so good the second time, i think a 3rd time would be a complete waste of our resources on a player we dont need. I'm sure Mirallas and Coleman could do a better job, then Naismith would probably get in ahead of him.

So we cant afford to pay players who will give never get a game.

Wouldn't get in above Naismith? You must be taking the piss or using hallucinogenic drugs. Also, who is going to play Rightback for us? I thought that was Coleman, besides, Coleman's proven himself ineffective the past two seasons at Right-mid... Better at Rightback. Oh well, Donovan is shit, only 7 assists in 9 matches for us last time. Terrible ratio.

Here's a real example of his utter lack of quality.

To be honest I would probably have Donovan in ahead of Pienaar at the moment... Not all the time and probably just to kick Pienaar's arse into gear but Donovon guarentees an end product which so few of our wide men do. He certainly isnt the player he was and I wouldnt start him week in week out but providing he hasnt gone to pot since he was last with us, then he can do more than a job.

Wouldn't get in above Naismith? You must be taking the piss or using hallucinogenic drugs. Also, who is going to play Rightback for us? I thought that was Coleman, besides, Coleman's proven himself ineffective the past two seasons at Right-mid... Better at Rightback. Oh well, Donovan is shit, only 7 assists in 9 matches for us last time. Terrible ratio.

Here's a real example of his utter lack of quality.

If i am Moysey, at fullback i would play Neville, then Stones, then Coleman. Unless you want to play Donovan there.

Btw if you want to watch youtube videos have a look for Van Der Meyde, some breathtaking videos, and he was one of the worst players we've had here.

Edited by Bill

If i am Moysey, at fullback i would play Neville, then Stones, then Coleman. Unless you want to play Donovan there.

Btw if you want to watch youtube videos have a look for Van Der Meyde, some breathtaking videos, and he was one of the worst players we've had here.

Well if you watched the matches as well as noticed the statistics, Donovan was pretty damn good for us. How can you say you'd play John Stones? No one has seen him yet!

His positioning is too crap for him to be considered playing there, even as a back up.

his positioning at RB maybe, but think he would do well at CB. Seen him play there twice and looked strong. Not saying he should become a CB, just saying he could do that before he retired.

his positioning at RB maybe, but think he would do well at CB. Seen him play there twice and looked strong. Not saying he should become a CB, just saying he could do that before he retired.

Doesn't matter where he is if his positioning is suspect. Right back or centre back doesn't change awareness of knowing what's going on around you. Tackling is his best attribute, like you said, but he doesn't have the rest of what's needed to play CB. In my opinion, of course.

Doesn't matter where he is if his positioning is suspect. Right back or centre back doesn't change awareness of knowing what's going on around you. Tackling is his best attribute, like you said, but he doesn't have the rest of what's needed to play CB. In my opinion, of course.

Maybe its been too long since I saw him play but a lot of the time he was out of position because he was covering for other players.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/02/24/cahill-says-donovan-should-embrace-weight-world

Not exactly rumor related, but it involves both Donovan and Cahill so I figured some might find it worth reading. Basically, Cahill is, as professionally as possible, telling Donovan to make up his mind and stop being a bitch about it. Either commit to the game or leave it for good.

Donovan is the main reason why I began watching Everton and I am a bit shocked to see that some of you believe he wouldn't fit in here as nothing more than a squad player. He may be getting up there in age true, but we just saw in the last game that Mirallas works best as a LM. Pienaar has more than enough quality to play as a CM and both of them working along with Baines gave us some quality that had been missing for a while now. However that leaves a hole at RM and we do not have a player that can fill that at the moment. I am also a Galaxy fan and Donovan may not be as good as he was during his 1st loan spell a couple seasons back but he is still a quality player. I mean he almost averaged an assist a game his 2nd go around, which is amazing. I also believe his play style, specifically his passing game matches Jelavic's skill set really well. While I would miss him as a Galaxy fan if he left next summer, I wouldn't blame him one bit if he did.

All ahead of Hibbert?

Injured not likely to play again, i think he'll do a Jamie Carragher very shortly.

It appears Tony Hibbert will not be seen in an Everton shirt again this season, after David Moyes revealed the defender won’t be expected back anytime soon. Moyes was speaking to the press ahead of today’s game against Reading.

Looks like he's not packing in yet. Giving it till next pre-season. tweet tweet.wink.png

The guy's been held prisoner by MLS and the Galaxy. And, let's not forget, while this may be his career, it's also a game. If he's not allowed to enjoy himself, playing a game that he's spent his life enjoying, I can understand his behavior.

No he hasn't...? I can't think of a single American MLS player who had a chance to go to Europe, wanted it, and was blocked by MLS. It is understood that we are a feeder league and in fact many teams welcome bids because the money is a huge boost. In Donovan's situation MLs and the Galaxy would definitely be a bit more eager to keep him, but if Lando truly wanted to make a permanent move over to Europe at any point in the last few years the only thing that would have stopped it was underwhelming bids.