IGNORED

Landon Donovan

Blimey, you would think he's world class or something. He's a hard working front runner who relies on being fully fit and full of energy. But he is getting on and the quality of the prem may be a little much for him now.

For me it's the wrong type of signing. We have kone and jelavic as experienced strikers, anichebe, Vellios, Gerard all in frame to get the odd game. Mcaleny will be looking for game time when he gets back - so for me getting Donovan would be like going to primark for a few tit bits before your holiday when you have already got a suit case full of things - just in case!

Thats a bit harsh isnt it Haf. When he was here he was by far our most clinical attacking player and he probably still would be. I think his first spell here was over rated and his second was under rated.

This pisses me off as an American. I really wish he would've challenged himself at SOME POINT in his career with a permanent, longer spell abroad. While it was nice to have a top American in MLS like him for awhile, he really should've gone abroad as well to showcase his skills. Think his talent was wasted by spending over a decade in America.

This pisses me off as an American. I really wish he would've challenged himself at SOME POINT in his career with a permanent, longer spell abroad. While it was nice to have a top American in MLS like him for awhile, he really should've gone abroad as well to showcase his skills. Think his talent was wasted by spending over a decade in America.

Agreed, he could have been so much more. He should have done what Dempsey did and spend his best years in a top league and come back to settle down in the US.

Got a lot of respect for him though, always wish him well.

Edited by Zoo

• 3 months later...

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1633494/everton-eye-landon-donovan-loan-la-galaxy-january?cc=5901

Don't see it happening myself, although I can see him challening Pienaar/Mirallas who have lacked at times. I feel like it's similar to Dempsey in the sense that Donovan wants to stay fit for the World Cup but needs to go somewhere where he'll get consistent playing time. He still played well for the Galaxy but he's not the same player as he was a couple of season back. Him being a big reason I'm an Everton supporter, I'd love to have him on though :P

Can we close this thread now? Pretty please

Nope. Seems to be a bit of a tug-of-war battle. Los Angeles manager Bruce arena is playing hard ball, but it seems like Landon wants to come to Everton. Get ready for a winter full of rumors. For what it's worth Landon just put this out:

http://instagram.com/p/hbDIYyLBok/

"I love winters in Europe with good food, good people and good reading #europeanwinter"

Nope. Seems to be a bit of a tug-of-war battle. Los Angeles manager Bruce arena is playing hard ball, but it seems like Landon wants to come to Everton. Get ready for a winter full of rumors. For what it's worth Landon just put this out:

http://instagram.com/p/hbDIYyLBok/

"I love winters in Europe with good food, good people and good reading #europeanwinter"

Agreed, he definitely wants to go on loan somewhere and Everton is the one place he's had success at. He also tweeted this following our win against Stoke

That was fun to watch! Up the Toffees!!! RT @JacobHester22: @Everton just put on a clinic against Stoke City 4-0! #COYB #EFC

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think we need him really

Why not? Delo~ is injured for the foreseeable future, Naismith isn't a football player let alone a winger, and Ovideo is a LB. What if Pienaar and/or Mirallas gets injured? I think it would be a very good piece of business for us and I would love to see him on Goodison Park soil again - He's boarderline a legend at Everton and he loves the club too.

Why not? Delo~ is injured for the foreseeable future, Naismith isn't a football player let alone a winger, and Ovideo is a LB. What if Pienaar and/or Mirallas gets injured? I think it would be a very good piece of business for us and I would love to see him on Goodison Park soil again - He's boarderline a legend at Everton and he loves the club too.

What you replied to was posted on 2nd Dec - before Delofeou got injured. He'll be perfect short term cover in my opinion.