IGNORED

Landon Donovan

Here we go again...

http://www.mlssoccer.com/all-star/2013/news/article/2013/07/30/all-star-landon-donovan-says-hes-unsure-2014-return-la-galaxy

'We will see. I’m open to whatever happens,' Donovan told FutbolMLS.com during a media scrum at Sporting Park on Tuesday. 'I haven’t made any decision yet. If there are offers, I will analyze them and see what happens.'

• 3 weeks later...

Still not understanding the anti-Donovan sentiment here. He assisted on a ton of goals each spell here. He may not have scored in the second loan, but he was class and helped turn our season around

The reason Matt said is the reason we don't want him. He was fantastic in his first spell with us and I would have signed him then but now he is an ageing player with no re-sale value. I'd much rather we looked at younger targets.

I don't see why everyone is so obsessed with 'sell-on value', Distin had no sell on value and he still serves us well?!

I'm not saying I want Donovan as I think our team is too old, but if someone does well for the team why would we want to sell them, old or young?!

I don't see why everyone is so obsessed with 'sell-on value', Distin had no sell on value and he still serves us well?!

I'm not saying I want Donovan as I think our team is too old, but if someone does well for the team why would we want to sell them, old or young?!

The point is that we need players with sell on value because the board don't provide us with funds, we have to raise them through player sales. So when players need replacing or we need to add to the squad then sales need to happen.

Therefore it's quite important that we have players with sell on value, no?

I'd take him. He's older, but I think the fact that he's American will actually create sell-on value, because you know the MLS will want him back later due to his status in the USA.

With that said, I highly doubt we'll sign him.

I will say that he does remind of Distin with his physical nature. Always stays in shape, and I think he still has a few more years.

Edited by TonkaRoost

I'd take him. He's older, but I think the fact that he's American will actually create sell-on value, because you know the MLS will want him back later due to his status in the USA.

With that said, I highly doubt we'll sign him.

I will say that he does remind of Distin with his physical nature. Always stays in shape, and I think he still has a few more years.

id take him on a free transfer and low wages. That's it.

To compare him Distin is a bit much in my opinion, and the USA link is pointless financially, we'd get something similar to Cahill, if we're lucky

From this thread being bumped I'm sure I've shit a few people up.

Apparently AC Milan are in talks to sign Landon Donovan.

AC Milan have already flat-out denied the rumors.

Nonetheless, Landon has confirmed that he has received inquiries from multiple teams in Europe and implied he was heavily considering making the move to Europe.

AC Milan have already flat-out denied the rumors.

Nonetheless, Landon has confirmed that he has received inquiries from multiple teams in Europe and implied he was heavily considering making the move to Europe.

so long as he takes a cut in pay, I will be happy

id take him on a free transfer and low wages. That's it.

To compare him Distin is a bit much in my opinion, and the USA link is pointless financially, we'd get something similar to Cahill, if we're lucky

I don't see how it's a bit much to compare him to Distin, and no offense to Cahill, but he's not that well-known in the USA, whereas Donovan is the face of US soccer.