IGNORED

Landon Donovan

haha good point

i was just thinkin with faubert leaving and that diogo bein a bit wank who else do they have? a player with some prem and championship experience would be perfect i reckon

Id be happy for him to go to any side where he'd play at RB every week tbh. He won't get that here right now and he's not a long term solution on the right of midfield, so we need to know once and for all if he's cut out to play RB at this level. If he's not then we know we should ship him out and find someone who can do the job.

Okay 1st, Donovan wouldn't be coming this summer permanently. He'd be coming when his contract ends with LA Galaxy. Is he going to lose some of his game with age? Yes, but he's better than anyone we've got currently playing Right Wing. I wouldn't dish out $10m for him, but I think he'd be a pretty good free transfer. Coleman will never make it as a right winger, not enough skill. He needs to work on the defensive part of his game and hopefully he can turn into a halfway decent rightback. Gueye is more suited for the left and central parts of the pitch, and doesn't have a good enough right foot to play on the right side.

Okay 1st, Donovan wouldn't be coming this summer permanently. He'd be coming when his contract ends with LA Galaxy. Is he going to lose some of his game with age? Yes, but he's better than anyone we've got currently playing Right Wing. I wouldn't dish out $10m for him, but I think he'd be a pretty good free transfer. Coleman will never make it as a right winger, not enough skill. He needs to work on the defensive part of his game and hopefully he can turn into a halfway decent rightback. Gueye is more suited for the left and central parts of the pitch, and doesn't have a good enough right foot to play on the right side.

I'm a big Donovan(30) fan, but I wouldn't want Everton to spend a lot on him if they were to get him (preferably at contract end) due to his age. I do think he is better than Pienaar, though Pienaar had a more successful loan spell this time around. One thing I've always admired about Donovan is his ability to stay healthy and his consistency on the pitch. He's also versatile which would be a plus when Everton hits their injury-run. However, I don't really want him to come back on a one-month transfer. I would think he still has about 2-3 years left at his current level. In the MLS, he would last until almost 40 probably.

As for Coleman, still undecided. I see flashes of potential but progress is slower than what I thought it would be with him.

Donovan scored a hat-trick for the USMNT in a 5-1 win over a very weak Scottish side. Regardless, great display by the entire team. Thought Michael Bradley (Chievo, Italy) looked particularly impressive and had an amazing 30-yard goal.

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/story/_/id/7976010/landon-donovan-scores-hat-trick-united-states-shreds-scotland

Bradley's goal:

ooooOOO... Bradley's goal was tasty! Has Michael Bradley never received transfer rumors to Everton? Not saying he would fit but I am just wondering if there was ever talk of him possibly coming to Everton. He got shafted at Aston Villa but played well for Chievo this season.

Not directly Donovan but when you consider MLS teams can only have 3 'designated' players (top earners) what will happen if this comes off?

http://www.tsn.ca/so...tory/?id=397366

Can't see Beckham leaving so that leaves Keane or Donovan. Could be worth keeping an eye on!

I don't see why Keane has left for the MLS already, I feel like he had some good years of European football ahead of him had he stayed. That being said, I don't think he'd be leaving Galaxy already, so if Del Piero came in, I'd assume Donovan would be leaving. Donovan has said he'd love to come here, but if there's a high transfer fee, it's definitely not happening.

I don't see why Keane has left for the MLS already, I feel like he had some good years of European football ahead of him had he stayed. That being said, I don't think he'd be leaving Galaxy already, so if Del Piero came in, I'd assume Donovan would be leaving. Donovan has said he'd love to come here, but if there's a high transfer fee, it's definitely not happening.

there has also been talk of Keane coming back though, when he came back on loan, there was a rumour he would not be going back to the US

• 1 month later...

Haha

I do believe that Donovan has more to offer then a declining Cahill and could if rumours are true give us abit of needed pace albiet not as quick as He was.

One of many tweets flying around "Sources say Tim Cahill's reduced price is the result of Everton and the MLS's continued discussions over a permanent move for Landon Donovan"

Edited by EFC-Paul

• 3 weeks later...

He says he's considering retiring at the end of the 2013 season.

I wouldnt be that surprised if this is the truth to be honest. Landon plays upwards of 50 matches a year between Everton, LA, and US. More likely its his way of telling US soccer he is tires of being called up for BS friendlies, and isnt going to be around forever. I also think he is telling MLS he is ready to make his permanent transfer to Europe. Landon recognizes he only has so many matches left. If he played for a European team he would only have to make 25-30 starts a year, and then could play for the national team in important matches and cups.

Also as much as I love Landon because of his age the only way I would want him is if it was on a free transfer, and a short term deal. Maybe an Arsene Wenger type 1 year rolling contract. (Not that it would happen)

• 2 weeks later...