IGNORED

Landon Donovan

You're right. I'm sure you'd rather have Osman or Coleman down the right side.

oooh, zing....

or how about that young french lad Maggie, impressive end to the season, can play left or right side...... Or, as you say, Coleman who is young and will only improve if he gets games when hes fit.

Suppose you want an ageing American who has not played a full EPL season (just about half as season in 2 years) in his career ahead of developing youth that we already have on our books, who have played as well in just about as many games?

It comes down to this - we have no cash. We might get enough for 1 player and that should be Pienaar (who is no spring chicken but has much more experience and has contributed much more than Lando). We will rely on our youth going forward and they should be given the chance. You could argue Donovan could come over and they could learn from him, but Im not sure theres nothing he could teach them more than Pienaar could.

Lastly, Im worried that the same thing would happen as with Cahill - adored by the fans but starting to falter and the love is being tarnished. Can you imagine the disappointment in the team and fans if he didnt succeed?

oooh, zing....

or how about that young french lad Maggie, impressive end to the season, can play left or right side...... Or, as you say, Coleman who is young and will only improve if he gets games when hes fit.

Suppose you want an ageing American who has not played a full EPL season (just about half as season in 2 years) in his career ahead of developing youth that we already have on our books, who have played as well in just about as many games?

It comes down to this - we have no cash. We might get enough for 1 player and that should be Pienaar (who is no spring chicken but has much more experience and has contributed much more than Lando). We will rely on our youth going forward and they should be given the chance. You could argue Donovan could come over and they could learn from him, but Im not sure theres nothing he could teach them more than Pienaar could.

Lastly, Im worried that the same thing would happen as with Cahill - adored by the fans but starting to falter and the love is being tarnished. Can you imagine the disappointment in the team and fans if he didnt succeed?

Dream on Matt, he's going to have to massivly change his game or change postion if he is to ever improve as a player, one trick pony who has been found out pretty easily, it's a shame, but i don't see Coleman ever being anymore than a backup option for us.

Dream on Matt, he's going to have to massivly change his game or change postion if he is to ever improve as a player, one trick pony who has been found out pretty easily, it's a shame, but i don't see Coleman ever being anymore than a backup option for us.

hes 23, hes got plenty of time. Ossie didnt start to show signs til his early/mid 20s. Hes never going to be a world beater, I accept this. However, he can play on the right - no dreaming involved, hes done it before and for the majority of this season, hes been hampered by injuries. He can only get better if he is given time to play and coached well.

All that said, he should not, under any circumstances, be considered our future RB in my opinion.

hes 23, hes got plenty of time. Ossie didnt start to show signs til his early/mid 20s. Hes never going to be a world beater, I accept this. However, he can play on the right - no dreaming involved, hes done it before and for the majority of this season, hes been hampered by injuries. He can only get better if he is given time to play and coached well.

All that said, he should not, under any circumstances, be considered our future RB in my opinion.

He can't play on the right though, he has nothing to offer other than kicking the ball out infront and running past the man, he got found out after half a season, he needs a loan somewhere in the championship for 6 months to get some consistency into his game imo, i don't think he is anywhere near premiership standard at the moment, just look at the Liverpool game the stupid muppet nearly got himself sent off after 10 mins of being on the pitch because he was all over the place and ended up jumping in with both feet.

We shall see anyway, Moyes seems to have an obsession with playing Osman on the right anyway, so Coleman needs to get past him first.

He can't play on the right though, he has nothing to offer other than kicking the ball out infront and running past the man, he got found out after half a season, he needs a loan somewhere in the championship for 6 months to get some consistency into his game imo, i don't think he is anywhere near premiership standard at the moment, just look at the Liverpool game the stupid muppet nearly got himself sent off after 10 mins of being on the pitch because he was all over the place and ended up jumping in with both feet.

We shall see anyway, Moyes seems to have an obsession with playing Osman on the right anyway, so Coleman needs to get past him first.

Bit of a different attitude to "dream on" though mate, recognizing he needs the experience. Hes young and not the brightest (at least, how he comes across), but he could come good.

Bit of a different attitude to "dream on" though mate, recognizing he needs the experience. Hes young and not the brightest (at least, how he comes across), but he could come good.

Not really, thats just the logical way of looking at the situation, honestly i don't think he will ever make it at the top level, and i think he's a championship player at the very best, and even thats pushing it imo, i would put his ability level less than the likes of Neville.

Can't see Coleman making it either. Not enough skill, which is kind of understandable given the fact he didn't start to play football till he was 17 or something like that, right? Nevertheless, there literally are hundreds of better right midfielders out there imo.

How is he going to get that if Hibbo is picked before him, might need to go on loan as a right back for say, 3three months or so?

A season long loan at a Premiership (newly promoted maybe?) side would be ideal. Then we could see if he's got what it takes to start in the PL week in, week out.