IGNORED

Landon Donovan

I don't think a permanent deal would ever be viable and not just because if money. Two months is certainly better than nothing when it comes to this quality player with a great work ethic. As I said before , I hope this isn't the only option open to us. Moyes must have some of the Arteta money. I would be rather miffed if Saint Bill thinks this is all it takes to appease the disgruntled group of fans which looks like its growing.

However , kudos must go to Saint Bill and Moyes for this piece of good news.

I think we'll definately be in for Donovan on-loan in Jan, also I genuinely think we'll be in for Rodellega if Wigan can't tie him down. He'll have 6months left come Jan and I think the prospect of staying in the Prem and NW would be a very good option - would imagine £4m tops.

Well that's part one done!!!

There is a plaster on wound scenario going on here, but.... If he manages to inspire some pacey attack play then great. We need to survive simple as.

I do not expect too many fans to be overjoyed by this, as he is literally here for 8-10 weeks. We need these types of players permanently. This is a coup for moyes, the players and the fans, it's clear he loved the everton experience.

The board better had not think that this should pacify fans who have been starved of quality of late.

stock-photo-crossing-out-negatives-and-writing-positives-453076332.jpg

I'm sure we can think of a few if we try. wink.png

The positive is we got him, and it's a credit to us that he wants to be here, he loves us you can tell.

Negative is its the type of player we need as a perm - I do not want the board to take or use Landon for any plaudits - they have way to go and much to rectify. Let's see what jan brings. Another 4 maybe?

It's win win really as Haf says the Club will benefit marketing wise and He will give the lads a boost also some of us doom and gloomers of late Myself included.

Off topic regarding Landon but in terms of wide men (permanent) that young chap Redmond looked a very good prospect for Birmingham last night

There is a plaster on wound scenario going on here, but.... If he manages to inspire some pacey attack play then great. We need to survive simple as.

I do not expect too many fans to be overjoyed by this, as he is literally here for 8-10 weeks. We need these types of players permanently. This is a coup for moyes, the players and the fans, it's clear he loved the everton experience.

The board better had not think that this should pacify fans who have been starved of quality of late.

Much rather have a plaster on for a while than have an open wound that could get infected :)

I think this is great. He might even jolt a few of our permanent players into action.

Step 1 - check

Step 2 (goal getter) - unresolved

Much rather have a plaster on for a while than have an open wound that could get infected smile.png

I think this is great. He might even jolt a few of our permanent players into action.

Step 1 - check

Step 2 (goal getter) - unresolved

He could give the squad the much needed boost they need, he is a very positive minded individual, I recall a while back him rightly questioning Beckhams commitment - let's hope he can shake Louis into a response.

I just hope the club don't try and propoganda this into some sort of "aren't we great, blah blah blah" - we are way down on numbers, we are in need of the squad being strengthened seriously. But yes, step one - all good, let's just hope it isn't the only one.

He could give the squad the much needed boost they need, he is a very positive minded individual, I recall a while back him rightly questioning Beckhams commitment - let's hope he can shake Louis into a response.

I just hope the club don't try and propoganda this into some sort of "aren't we great, blah blah blah" - we are way down on numbers, we are in need of the squad being strengthened seriously. But yes, step one - all good, let's just hope it isn't the only one.

Im more worried this is Blue Bill's idea of bringing back a 'fans favourite' to appease everybody and cover for the fact that we have no money to spend

I dont think he will be any improvement to us tbh, not as fast as Coleman, and no ball playing midfielder to bring out the best of him.

I think he could play inside alongside the striker in place of Cahill, and leave Coleman where he is. Just my opinion.

Edited by Bill