IGNORED

Landon Donovan

Landon says no..

http://www.lagalaxy....2011-mls-season

“While I enjoyed my time at Everton last season and still appreciate all the support their fans have given me, I feel that it is important to continue to rest and recover this offseason as opposed to going on loan,” Donovan said. “I never considered being loaned to a club other than Everton, but I have been playing nearly non-stop for the past two years and I believe that this decision will allow me to perform at my best for the Galaxy and the National Team throughout the upcoming year. I look forward to re-joining my Galaxy teammates for the start of preseason training next month and beginning our quest for another MLS Cup championship.”

Totally understandable decision from him but I am gutted.

However, I hope we don't move for him again now (unless it's on a permanent move) because on loan it only solves our problems for a few months, and we need a permanent solution so we can have stability and partnerships can be formed.

Edited by Romey 1878

I agree with the stability case and let's be honest, working in the loan Market is an insult to the fans. We should be signing permanent players, Jarvis from wolves would do for me.

Or Obinna, Etherington, Hunt, Brunt, Bentley, in fact any fooker who can play wide. ;)

Can you imagine Cahill having crosses from Baines and Bentley? Jizz time.

You know what will happen...

Cahill goes to Asia -> Bentley signs (on-loan)-> Cahill gets injured in Asia, out for the season -> Bentley's loan ends

I would like Bentley though but we would still need to look to sign a forward or wide player with pace!!!

Like when we got Yobo, Pienaar, Arteta and Howard in...I felt so insulted :P .

They ended up signing as "our" players did they not? We do not have the money to sign Donovan, the insult is very much in the fact that we clearly need a player of his standing in the team someone with pace and technique, but yes the only way we can get them is on a loan, because we are skint. Then only to have him for a couple of months? - it's a joke. The previous mentioned players were ours for the following season - not just a few matches to help us out. Where is the continuity there?

The whole plucky wheel and deal, "we are skint can I borrow a cup of sugar?" act is getting tiring, as is the number of fans prepared to accept our situation, a £5m net spend over nearly 3 years? - at a time when the club needed that little injection of quality to break top 4, I point you to Spurs.

Moyes was crying out for a striker at the end of last season, what did we get? An unproven free transfer. Blimey the number of fans who keep pointing to Moyes success at jumble sales is amazing.

Ah I forgot, look what happened to Portsmouth and Leeds.... :o

Can you imagine Cahill having crosses from Baines and Bentley? Jizz time.

Just so you dont get your hope us too much, Im pretty sure Kenwright said last season he wouldnt even think about getting someone in like Bentley because of the drink driving thing, so I would be very surprised to see it happen.

Peronally I think he is a good player, he seems like a good character and he can deliver quality but he isnt the paciest and I would query his work rate. Im not sure how much he would suit our style of play currently but he could bring something new which I would hope we could exploit.

Just so you dont get your hope us too much, Im pretty sure Kenwright said last season he wouldnt even think about getting someone in like Bentley because of the drink driving thing, so I would be very surprised to see it happen.

I'm sure Kenwright wouldn't have said that if Bentley wouldn't require pretty high wages ;).

Peronally I think he is a good player, he seems like a good character and he can deliver quality but he isnt the paciest and I would query his work rate. Im not sure how much he would suit our style of play currently but he could bring something new which I would hope we could exploit.

That would be a bit hypocritical seeing as though Piennar is banned for DD