IGNORED

Landon Donovan

I can't see Moyes talking about it publicly if there wasn't at least a very good chance that he was coming back here in January.

dunno dude, that reads like restating facts. He would love him here, hes shown an interest but hes knackered. No change as far as i can see, just a response for the bored media....

I dont think he has been. He does a damn sight more for our team than any of our other strikers have for last 4-5 years.

Thats more of a sad indictment of how shit our forwards are and besides Saha scored more last season than the Yak has in the last 3 put together!

Just a hunch but I reckon the reason he isnt starting at the moment is because he is on his way in January

Thats more of a sad indictment of how shit our forwards are and besides Saha scored more last season than the Yak has in the last 3 put together!

Just a hunch but I reckon the reason he isnt starting at the moment is because he is on his way in January

I think its more of a sad indictment of how Moyes has used his strikers rather than their general ability, but I know what you mean!

Last year I will happily admit that Saha was the difference between us being a good 3-5places further down the league. When we were really shite he scored goals but he didnt bring anything else to the team. Obviously after all strikers are meant to score goals and that what they are paid to do but in a lot of them games he was still poor, he just banged in a couple of 20-30 yarders to get some points. Id also add that I would bet Saha played almost as many minutes last 3 seasons than Yakubu, especially starting minutes as opposed to off the bench.

Dont forget Yakubu scored 21 goals for us in his first injury free season. He then scored 5 the next before he got injured when most would say he was at his worst. Saha has been at his worst and not even looked like scoring!

I do agree with your hunch though, I was thinking the same thing which I think would be a really stupid mistake, especially for the money he is likely to go for.

Back to Landycakes....in post game interview with Donovan last night he was asked what he was going to do now that Galaxy had played their last game for the year. He said he'd be having a rest and going on a vacation to get ready for next season.

Hopfully he only needs a couple of weeks, cause I really think we'll need him with Cahill going to the Asian cup.

Also of note was that he was playing as a striker and he scored within the first 10 mins.

People keep saying we need a striker and that we need a winger.

Donovan fits both criteria.

"Bbc's Phil mcnulty reckons Landon Donovan to Newcastle on 6 month loan..."

Who's decision is that then...Hughton's or the new manager (looking like Pardew)?

How could he possibly know :mellow: ? And I don't believe Landon would go anywhere else if we were interested, which Moyes has already stated that we are.

Why the hell would Landon go to Newcastle? I'm an American and have only been a football fan for about a year, so I'm not as knowledgeable about these things, but aren't Newcastle fans vicious and upset that they're club isn't doing well, and Mike Ashley bought the club, ran a bunch of debt up, and just general turmoil when it comes to club affairs?

Why the hell would Landon go to Newcastle? I'm an American and have only been a football fan for about a year, so I'm not as knowledgeable about these things, but aren't Newcastle fans vicious and upset that they're club isn't doing well, and Mike Ashley bought the club, ran a bunch of debt up, and just general turmoil when it comes to club affairs?

Newcastle fans are the best in the world! Just ask them

money maybe....just a thought.

He's a loanee, he gets paid whatever salary he's on at Galaxy when he's here.

The only negotiations regarding wages is what club pays what proportion of his wages. He wouldn't see a dollar extra playing for Barcelona than if he was playing for us.