IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

At Prenton Park this weekend, to watch South Park FC (not a joke - http://www.southparkfootballclub.co.uk/) take on Tranmere.

SP are in the 2nd round proper of the FA Trophy. They're my uncles' team (he's the youth manager and my cousins all played there). So they're all coming up to hopefully see them through to the next round. Looking forward to it.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tranmere-rovers-fa-trophy-scouting-12423360

Edited by Lowensda

Yep -- always a tough game against the Steelers.

Luckily, my Packers made it through, so I had a little to celebrate this weekend.

Tbf, we'd of got slaughtered by New England anyway so it's done and dusted now.

Glad the Packers won for you. Bet it was freezing if they were at home?

Made up the Packers won, that Hail Mary from my name sake last night was unreal.

Funny story about how I became a Packers fan, back when I was 21, was going to Florida for Christmas with the family, my cousin said "we'll need to watch some NFL whilst where there, whos your team?" so I picked the first one I saw on tele - Packers, turns out their QB has the same name and birthday as me, destiny that! ha.

Tbf, we'd of got slaughtered by New England anyway so it's done and dusted now.

Glad the Packers won for you. Bet it was freezing if they were at home?

Yeah, New England looks to be favorites for the AFC title. They were home, and that's always a tough place to play in the winter no doubt.

Made up the Packers won, that Hail Mary from my name sake last night was unreal.

Funny story about how I became a Packers fan, back when I was 21, was going to Florida for Christmas with the family, my cousin said "we'll need to watch some NFL whilst where there, whos your team?" so I picked the first one I saw on tele - Packers, turns out their QB has the same name and birthday as me, destiny that! ha.

And he's an excellent player! I picked them because their former starting QB (Brett Favre) is from my home state, and I thought it was pretty cool at the time that he was from the same area -- he and my mom went to the same school also.

Edited by TonkaRoost

Yeah, New England looks to be favorites for the AFC title. They were home, and that's always a tough place to play in the winter no doubt.

And he's an excellent player! I picked them because their former starting QB (Brett Favre) is from my home state, and I thought it was pretty cool at the time that he was from the same area -- he and my went to the same school also.

Favre, what a legend. one of my all time favorites. He'd have a broken arm, broken toe, hurt other ankle, bruised ribs. "coach I'm not sitting on the bench, I'm starting" he would still throw for 2 TD and 300 yards. they don't make them like that anymore. that dude was unreal.

Favre, what a legend. one of my all time favorites. He'd have a broken arm, broken toe, hurt other ankle, bruised ribs. "coach I'm not sitting on the bench, I'm starting" he would still throw for 2 TD and 300 yards. they don't make them like that anymore. that dude was unreal.

A bit of a redkneck homophobe who made things difficult for aaron rogers too.

Watched the programme about him - tough competitor etc but a bit of a nob in some ways. Clearly a very good QB and tough as fuck.

For sure -- That was one of the other reasons I thought he was so great. You just knew he wanted to be out there playing the game. He always celebrated like a kid after every touchdown pass too. I was really hoping he'd get another ring before he retired, but it wasn't meant to be.

He got a little weird at the end there but I'll always respect his spirit.

Watched the programme about him - tough competitor etc but a bit of a nob in some ways. Clearly a very good QB and tough as fuck.

Yeah, I've heard he can be kind of an asshole to be honest. I'm sure he got sick of all the attention, but a few people I know have said he can be kind of a dickhead when you meet him in person.

Dec 2, right?

Spurs vs Wycombe

Derby vs Leicester

Oxford vs Newcastle/Birmingham

Wimbledon vs Cambridge/Leeds

Plymouth/RS vs Wolves

Saints/Norwich vs Arsenal

Lincoln/Ipswich vs Brighton

Chelsea vs Brentford

Manure vs Wigan

Millwall vs Watford

Rochdale vs Huddersfield

Burnley/Sunderland vs Fleetwood/Bristol

Blackburn vs Barnsley/Blackpool

Fulham vs Hull

Boro vs Accrington

Palave/Bolton vs City

Very little in terms of standout fixtures. Glad for Hull Niasse isn't cup tied, thatmight be a tv game.

I don't care about the man, I watch for the game, how they are off the field has nothing to do with how they play. learn to separate art and the artist, or sport and the sportsman, you'll find you're able to enjoy things without bringing morality into it.

Yeah, I've heard he can be kind of an asshole to be honest. I'm sure he got sick of all the attention, but a few people I know have said he can be kind of a dickhead when you meet him in person.

Intrigues me the whole American sport set up.

From a UK person looking in it looks fuckin brutal.

You need to be a seriously tough minded person to get through the whole jock set up.

It's far too indulgent of the superstars and they think they can get away with all sorts of shit. Bullying exists on a high level. Superstars can get away with college rape. That's the perception. The reality may be different.

I don't care about the man, I watch for the game, how they are off the field has nothing to do with how they play. learn to separate art and the artist, or sport and the sportsman, you'll find you're able to enjoy things without bringing morality into it.

I don't care about the man. I do care that athletes in privileged positions behave like neanderthals. That goes for footballers or whatever.

My biggest hate figure recently is Ian poulter - absolute gobshite of the highest order. He had one person sacked from their job and tried to get another one into trouble with his employers because he expressed a view that poulter is arrogant - a deliver driver ffs.

Yeah it makes wanting these pricks to do well very difficult.

Intrigues me the whole American sport set up.

From a UK person looking in it looks fuckin brutal.

You need to be a seriously tough minded person to get through the whole jock set up.

It's far too indulgent of the superstars and they think they can get away with all sorts of shit. Bullying exists on a high level. Superstars can get away with college rape. That's the perception. The reality may be different.

You're quite right about the college rape. There's an excellent book about this by John Krakauer called "Missoula."

I can't imagine the pressure they must be under at the same time (the legit ones not the ones that should be locked up).

Expected to be a star from such a young age big watched by tens of thousands every week and having to deal with school and college hierarchy. Has massive benefits but must also be tough when things don't go well.

I can't imagine the pressure they must be under at the same time (the legit ones not the ones that should be locked up).

Expected to be a star from such a young age big watched by tens of thousands every week and having to deal with school and college hierarchy. Has massive benefits but must also be tough when things don't go well.

How is it different from England? The media is even more rampant in England. Little johnny kicks a stunner and he's the next Beckham they're waiting outside his apartment in London to follow him to school.

I agree haf the players get off easy but they do everywhere. Remember loic remy had the rape charge removed? Valbuena and benzena the extortion thing and they play week in and out. No different.