IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Just noticed the the Lions are playing the Māori All Blacks in their next tour game, a team whose players have to prove their ancestry. Makes me a bit uncomfortable that, would it be acceptable to form a white anglo-saxon team over here? I think not.

Bit like the MOBO awards in music, sure I've said it before but a MOWO ceremony would never happen.

Just noticed the the Lions are playing the Māori All Blacks in their next tour game, a team whose players have to prove their ancestry. Makes me a bit uncomfortable that, would it be acceptable to form a white anglo-saxon team over here? I think not.

Bit like the MOBO awards in music, sure I've said it before but a MOWO ceremony would never happen.

They have been around for yonks and if I remember rightly they introduced the Haka and the black shirts which the full New Zealand team now use.

I think it is because the Maori's were the original settlers, their own culture, language and mythology before the white people turned up. It would be a bit like having a Native American team in America. Britain has always been a mixing pot of nationalities, cultures etc.

MikeO, it is a tradition out there which everyone is happy with. I think you are finding a problem which doesn't exist.

Yeah maybe so, I'm certainly not rabidly up in arms about it, just provoked a bit of thought and I was interested in other opinions.

it's all about the tax fraud stuff. he's pissed. well he should pay up. if he's guilty he needs to pay, very simple. stars should not be allowed to evade taxes.

I think its probable that he left everything to his accountant and probably didn't bother getting involved. Having said that, he will still be deemed to be responsible at the end of the day.

Tommy Fleetwood a shot off the lead going into the final round of the US open golf, go lad!

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/04/19/blues-welcome-golf-ace-fleetwood

I had him backed.... meant to do each way but didn't.

Ah well....

Get on him for the open.... knows the course better than most. Support for him will be immense.

A good outsider will be paul waring.

Edited by Hafnia

Modric is in trouble for perjury isn't he?

Yes, relating to tax fraud though:

The midfielder, who also plays for Real Madrid, is suspected of making false statements at the tax fraud trial of Zdravko Mamic, his former manager.