IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Is anyone else playing?

image.png.f8678d346dadd802b66f34b42b08193e.png

He is a god in the states when it comes to golf, which I find slightly strange, not because he’s not a good golfer more because of his chequered past when it comes to fidelity. Strange when the biggest percentage of golf fans in the States are god fearing people, yet he broke one of gods commandments multiple times. But personally I haven’t got a problem with him being a golfer and an atheist😀

Dyche sacked…. Ben mee taking over as player manager.

bit of a gamble, new manager bounce is what they are probably looking for but dyche was their best man for championship if they did go down. 

very easy for us to look at how it impacts us and to worry etc we need to take care of the games we are in. 

im sure dyche was a popular man and a steadying influence on them.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Dyche sacked…. Ben mee taking over as player manager.

bit of a gamble, new manager bounce is what they are probably looking for but dyche was their best man for championship if they did go down. 

very easy for us to look at how it impacts us and to worry etc we need to take care of the games we are in. 

im sure dyche was a popular man and a steadying influence on them.

Sounds like they're searching for a replacement for this season and Mee is part of a caretaker team

"Under-23s coach Mike Jackson, assisted by Academy Director Paul Jenkins, Under-23s goalkeeping coach Connor King and club captain Ben Mee have been asked to take charge of the team for Sunday's game with West Ham United.

"The process of replacing Sean has begun and further announcements will be made to supporters in due course."

2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Sounds like they're searching for a replacement for this season and Mee is part of a caretaker team

"Under-23s coach Mike Jackson, assisted by Academy Director Paul Jenkins, Under-23s goalkeeping coach Connor King and club captain Ben Mee have been asked to take charge of the team for Sunday's game with West Ham United.

"The process of replacing Sean has begun and further announcements will be made to supporters in due course."

Process has begun?  Bit ridiculous- unless they had the replacement more or less nailed down they should have stuck with him.

if it is allardyce he will be knowing he can charge through the nose. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I really hope it's not the fat twat. Bad enough he was brought in when we weren't in any trouble, but would be typical that he gets us relegated.

He’s one of the few immoral pricks around who would sign for Burnley after sacking a loyal longstanding manager who basically gave them their status. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/05/2022 at 10:34, johnh said:

Just spotted something on the internet sport.  Scarborough promoted to National League North.  This brought back a memory.

I remember playing against Scarborough in the Yorkshire League (1960's) when I played for Ossett Town. Scarborough always got a good crowd, (2 - 3,000) lovely ground, unlike say, South Kirby Colliery who got 3 men and two whippets! At this time, Scarbs were near the top of the league and we were lower mid-table.  I was centre-half and in the second-half their centre forward had a break away. I was struggling a yard or so behind. He got into the penalty area but decided to have one more touch, over hit it and it went out for a goal kick. I carried on running to get the ball for a goal kick.  A voice in the crowd shouted 'you big fairy'.  I shouted back 'yes, but we are 4 - 0 up'.  The same voice shouted 'not talking to you, talking to our centre-forward.  there was a pause and then a different voice shouted 'I can see why you thought he was talking about you though'.  Collapse of kop behind the goal plus me and all our defence!

Nice story that, John - reminiscent of those Ronnie Corbett monologues at the end of TTR (for those who remember the seventies)!