IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

12 minutes ago, rubecula said:

I expected this

Seems the logical choice due to his huge experience of managing United. For four games:huh:.

"After his final match in charge, a 1–1 draw with Southampton, Giggs admitted to breaking down in tears, in part due to the pressure of managing United, and also said he had struggled to sleep during the period."

So he'll cope with this no problem:lol:.

28 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Seems the logical choice due to his huge experience of managing United. For four games:huh:.

"After his final match in charge, a 1–1 draw with Southampton, Giggs admitted to breaking down in tears, in part due to the pressure of managing United, and also said he had struggled to sleep during the period."

So he'll cope with this no problem:lol:.

Be fair Mike, he got a lot of experience during his four games in charge.  At training, he put the cones out and handed out the bibs.

Cyril Regis dead before his time, shame though I'm still uncomfortable with the WBA "three degrees" moniker.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42688106

Ron Atkinson (not at all racist because he says not despite the evidence) presumably coined the term, and even if he didn't and just went along with it it's nasty.

Fact that we used to sing "we are white" in the same era is still shameful also.

20 hours ago, MikeO said:

Cyril Regis dead before his time, shame though I'm still uncomfortable with the WBA "three degrees" moniker.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42688106

Ron Atkinson (not at all racist because he says not despite the evidence) presumably coined the term, and even if he didn't and just went along with it it's nasty.

Fact that we used to sing "we are white" in the same era is still shameful also.

well said Mike  no excuse for racism in my book,  

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/22120382/from-ufc-champ-fireman-stipe-miocic-life-octagon

not a UFC fan but good to see a decent honest hardworking blue collar guy be the champion instead of some ego tripping peacock.  after he won the championship the announced asked him what's next, he said "i don't know, i gotta get back home and finish remodeling my kitchen".  

http://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/espn-fc-united/68/post/2991946/istanbul-basaksehir-take-turkish-football-by-storm-without-many-fans

This has been a great story to follow - top of the Super Lig. There have been a few more recent articles, but I enjoyed this one the most

"

But now that very lack of support is actually one of the main reasons behind Basaksehir's rise, because it allows the club to be patient and gradually implement superb long-term plans without any pressure.

Millions of fans and constant media attention are nice if things are going smoothly, but they bring a harsh spotlight if something goes wrong. In the Turkish league, where the fans are among the most passionate in the world, a defeat is a treated as a tragedy, leading to talks about crisis. The big three of Istanbul -- Fenerbahce, Galatasaray and Besiktas -- spend most of their time solving all types of real and imaginary crises. Coaches are fired and resign all the time. Newspapers and TV channels are always looking for the next big crisis. It is absolutely impossible to do any sort of planning in those circumstances. But Basaksehir coach Abdullah Avci has been patient."

Doesn't sound too unfamiliar ^. 

• 2 weeks later...