IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

21 hours ago, johnh said:

Holystove, is snooker big in Belgium? I know there is a young Belgian lad who plays on the circuit, good player.

Not at all, John.  When Brecel (the young Belgian you refer to) won his first ranking event (2017 China Open) he barely got a mention at the end of the sports segment of the evening news.

I love it though, been watching since I was a teenager.  This years Championship was spectacular.

1 hour ago, holystove said:

Not at all, John.  When Brecel (the young Belgian you refer to) won his first ranking event (2017 China Open) he barely got a mention at the end of the sports segment of the evening news.

I love it though, been watching since I was a teenager.  This years Championship was spectacular.

Shame that its not more popular.  The lad Brecel is a very good player.  I think he needs to get someone like Terry Griffiths on his coaching team to get his shot selection sorted.  He does have a tendency to take on high risk shots at the wrong time. Very talented and I'm surprised he hasn't won more.

33 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Tuchel takes the PSG job.  I didn't see that coming, i am not convinced he can deal with the massive ego's in that dressing room.  Also his CL/EL record is a lot worse than Emery's, so i'm not sure what they are thinking in terms of what he brings.

Why not? It’s been common knowledge for a while I thought. 

51 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Why not? It’s been common knowledge for a while I thought. 

i thought they'd go for a big name bling bling type of manager or I was expecting Pochettino since he's been grumpy over Levy publicly now and was a former PSG captain.  apparently tuchel speaks fluent french and that was important (in addition to his other qualities).  

Chelsea owner Abramovich has an expired Visa.  Filed his paperwork on time, UK just holding it up, couldn't go to the Final because he was in Russia and can't enter the country.  Could be due to that russian agent getting attacked they are fighting back?

http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/chelsea/363/blog/post/3506137/chelsea-owner-roman-abramovichs-visa-issues-explained-should-fans-be-worried

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

That would be a big appointment for Arsenal. A really good fit.

Only issue is at Sevilla monchi stacked the team full of talent, he just managed. At PSG they already had the talent.  At arsenal he will need to be involved in the transfers and who to bring in, I’m not sure if he has skill there.

it will be interesting to say the least.

16 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Only issue is at Sevilla monchi stacked the team full of talent, he just managed. At PSG they already had the talent.  At arsenal he will need to be involved in the transfers and who to bring in, I’m not sure if he has skill there.

it will be interesting to say the least.

I am pretty sure Arsenal now have a DoF themselves so it shouldnt be too different for him.

Don’t want to start separate thread, but I just saw something that surprised and troubled me.  Was checking ESPN3 to see if I’d be able to get tonight’s friendly between France and RoI.  They were showing an international youth cup (U-14) from California.  One team - repeat: U-14 - was sponsored by ....... Bud Light.

Huh?