IGNORED

Baines

This. He's as classy, loyal, dedicated, and honest of a player as they come that isn't a homegrown product like Hibbert or Osman.

Maybe Baines would make a good captain when Neville retires or leaves? I know Jags seems to be the next captain in waiting, but maybe Baines is worth consideration?

wheres johnnys name should have been captain since january if you ask me but neville doesnt seem to be going anytime soon dry.png

Guest blueboy122

£20 Million surely if an offer came in of that sort we would have to consider it. I think Baines's importance to the team is something we couldnt put a price on. However in transfer market terms it would be a decent offer.

We paid £6 mil, since then he has established him self as Englands second best left back and arguably second best in the world. On top of that add inflation, then the additional inflation from the improved league money with also taking into account the comparative prices of Johnson and Cole, I wouldn't say it's a ridiculous price. Although his age and our lack of European football or financial strength will reduce his value a lot. I'd value Baines in-between £12-24 million, nearer the 12 unless there is a bidding war.

12m for one of the best LB going? I dont get peoples valuations sometimes.... Just like why Felli is only 20m when Modric is +/-35m?

Baines, in this market, is 25m easily. I still dont think we should consider selling....

12m for one of the best LB going? I dont get peoples valuations sometimes.... Just like why Felli is only 20m when Modric is +/-35m?

Baines, in this market, is 25m easily. I still dont think we should consider selling....

Thats only because Spurs did'nt want to sell to Chelsea though, imo i don't think Modric is a £20m player, i don't actually think he is that much better than Osman, and Ossy is no £35m player is he, but £12m is a bit cheap for Baines, £20m at least

Felli is worth 50+ imo.

I can't agree with that, the only players in that category for me are Messi/Ronaldo

Hazard is £32 mil, and Fellaini is a lot better.

Agreed. Felli's probably worth $25m.

We bought him for that much. The likes of Henderson cost that.

Hazard is £32 mil, and Fellaini is a lot better.

We bought him for that much. The likes of Henderson cost that.

How much of Hazard have you actually seen though, because id say Hazard was better imo, and they are different sort of players anyway so hard to compare them, even then i don't think Fellaini is worth £50m+ like you said, although, if he does go, anything less than £22-25m is not enough, i think that should be the starting block.

How much of Hazard have you actually seen though, because id say Hazard was better imo, and they are different sort of players anyway so hard to compare them, even then i don't think Fellaini is worth £50m+ like you said, although, if he does go, anything less than £22-25m is not enough, i think that should be the starting block.

Not a lot 8-15 games over the last 3 years, just champions league games and Belgium ones really. Always one of the best players on the pitch without really doing anything that impressive, theres still a lot to be worked on in his game.

Mascherano was 20 odd million and Fellaini wipes the floor with him. Felliani out-shined a Chelsea midfield that had Essien and Lampard in it, if he was already at Real Madrid he wouldnt even have a valuation, because they would flat out resist from selling him.

Thats only because Spurs did'nt want to sell to Chelsea though, imo i don't think Modric is a £20m player, i don't actually think he is that much better than Osman, and Ossy is no £35m player is he, but £12m is a bit cheap for Baines, £20m at least

come on mate think before you type

come on mate think before you type

Modric is a player who has been well over-hyped imo, and he often just goes missing for periods of games if you watch him, poor goal record, quit selfish at times according to a Spurs fan i know, not worth the figures being banded around the other year imo.