IGNORED

Baines

If we let Baines go, Pienaar becomes 15/20 % less effective.

If we start next season with Baines and Pienaar and a regular goalscorer, then I'd say we have a good chance of Europe.

How can you calculate something like that?! After reading the mirror quotes today, Im nervous about him leaving...

They seem like nice guys (in fact I met one of them years and years ago) but I don't really trust anything on Bluekipper. I've not been on that site for about 4-5 years for that exact reason and I'm not going to cry over Baines just yet. I'm in fact cheered up at the fact that Distin has come out to our defence as opposed to just keeping quiet, I believe that we can keep hold of Baines and I'm sure we will start next season with a Baines/Pienaar partnership.

UK_TransferNews @UK_TransferNews

20m

Leighton Baines has signed a 4 year deal with Manchester United for £18 million. #MUFC #EFC

Hope this is bollocks...... Cant find news anywhere else though, assuming its BS.

Yeah true. No-one of any stature said anything yet. Although for £18m... dry.png

£18 million is massive for 28 year old defender, don't see how anyone can be upset about the price. Will be sad to see Baines go, but it could give him the opportunity to challenge for major trophies, and us to rebuild and reshape to eventually do the same, win-win.

I can see Baines being a big disappointment at United if he went there you know. At United he'd have Young as his left-sided partner and he'd offer Baines no protection whatsoever to get forward so he'd be half the player he's been for us. Much like when he plays for England.

I can see Baines being a big disappointment at United if he went there you know. At United he'd have Young as his left-sided partner and he'd offer Baines no protection whatsoever to get forward so he'd be half the player he's been for us. Much like when he plays for England.

partly true but i don't feel he'd have as much defending to do

I would like him to be a success for us and nobody else! If he goes to Utd he will be a success, I see where u are coming from Mark but Utd play a more flowing style and he would get forward allot sadly. I hope neither of us are proven right and he stays with us.

I saw very little flow for United last season, and for a couple of seasons before that tbh.

My point was that Baines is a poor defender in all honesty and needs someone in front of him that will give him the freedom to go forward. He won't get that at United and we've seen how he looks for England when that's the case (in all honesty he's looked a nothing player for England).

I saw very little flow for United last season, and for a couple of seasons before that tbh.

My point was that Baines is a poor defender in all honesty and needs someone in front of him that will give him the freedom to go forward. He won't get that at United and we've seen how he looks for England when that's the case (in all honesty he's looked a nothing player for England).

Still has had a great career for us. Will be sad if he goes, but atleast its not that 7mil they were tossing about a month or two ago.

Before even considering selling him, I would want a top replacement sourced. The lad at Celtic for example. Make a profit of £10m on his replacement and maybe I would be ok. But he is £17m for me. So yeah, throw £7m at izaguirre and pocket the £10m for Cardozo maybe