IGNORED

Tottenham (Away)

Bill

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicked from the BBC:

Dutch playmaker Rafael van der Vaart is likely to return to the Tottenham line-up after missing the game at Inter Milan through suspension.

Spurs could also welcome back Younes Kaboul after a hamstring injury, but Ledley King remains sidelined with a groin problem.

Everton will be without Leon Osman, who injured his ankle against Liverpool.

But David Moyes will be hoping to have Steven Pienaar (groin) and Louis Saha (calf) available.

Head-to-head• This is the 160th meeting between these sides. Spurs have won 59, Everton 52 and there have been 48 draws.

• In 17 seasons of Premier League encounters, Tottenham have won 18, Everton five and there have been 13 draws.

Tottenham

• Tottenham have scored 10 goals compared to 19 at the same stage last season.

• Spurs have kept just two clean sheets in 13 games in all competitions this season.

• Rafael van der Vaart has now netted four goals in his three appearances at White Hart Lane in all competitions.

Everton

Everton are one point better off than they were after eight games in 2008/09, when they went onto finish fifth.

• They haven't won back-to-back away matches in the Premier League since May 2009.

• David Moyes'

The one ive highlighted and underlined is proving a point to those fickle sods who thought our season was over after 3-4 games.

Edited by Matt

I am looking at this with a slightly pessimistic view, Spurs at WHL are a different proposition to a very out of sorts shower at ours.

For me there are two key factors in this game, first of all what kind of midfield we can put out, and secondly can we limit the input of Bale & van der Vaart?

At the moment I am erring for 2-1 to them, but if we pressure them hard like we did against the shite then I can see a draw or even win for us.

I am feeling quite optimistic about this game ( could be the Wild Turkey though!!!). For whatever reason in the past few years we always seem to do well when we get a lot of injuries. This could be the game the Bily steps up for!!

Going for 2-0 with Coleman having a cracker! Any Scorers will do

Good team when they get it together. Need to play them at 100mph.

We can win, some key battles though. Palacios will freshen their engine room, he needs sorting. Bale evidently. Vdv.

Want to see Coleman run at ekkotto, get him yellow carded asap, he's a liability for them

How much gas was taken out of the tank midweek!

Playing them now I'd say we have good chance of sneaking it..0-1.

After last weeks win a point would seem a bit of a blow, but maybe a draw wouldn't be a disaster.

Just please don't lose....my wife's got a soft spot for spurs and I work with a spurs fan, and in the latter case money will be changing hands :unsure:

Apparently:

Gomes

Hutton Kaboul Gallas Assou-Ekotto

Palacios Modric

Lennon VDVaart Bale

Crouch

Yakubu

Cahill

Pienaar Bilyaletdinov Heitinga Coleman

Baines Distin Jagielka Neville

Howard

Or with Pienaar and Bilyaletdinov swapped.

Edited by Steve_E

Apparently:

Gomes

Hutton Kaboul Gallas Assou-Ekotto

Palacios Modric

Lennon VDVaart Bale

Crouch

Yakubu

Cahill

Pienaar Bilyaletdinov Heitinga Coleman

Baines Distin Jagielka Neville

Howard

Or with Pienaar and Bilyaletdinov swapped.

In that case:

I can see van der Vaart ripping us a new one...

Neville Heitinga needs to be pushing 110% today :o