IGNORED

Tottenham (Away)

Bill

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

decent result and not badly played, I'm happy enough with that.

Saha looked pretty poor when he came on but I see Yakubu was hobbling off and had strapping on leg when he was on bench so hopefully he's ok.

Pienaar did alright in middle but not quite to full sharpness yet and Bily put in a decent performance as well working hard all round and not really making any mistakes.

Jagielka was very solid as well, did a good job of their very good attack.

Im Happy With 1-1 missing some key players and some players have knocks or just returning i think its a fair result!

Some crazy shouts on here... Yak did well with what he had to deal with! Get rid of Saha.... hmmm i dont think so.

I thought Heitinga had a good first half to be honest bit sloppy in the second.

Also i would have kept our original shape and not bought beckford on. maybe bought on guaye or somthing for more energy.

I'll take that. Fair reflection I think. We defended very well, looked dangerous on the counter. But Spurs have taken that step ahead of us recently, they are a champions league side and a point away is nothing to be sneezed at.

Howard: 5 - Cost the goal, otherwise solid.

Neville: 6 - Defended well, distribution shite

Distin: 7 - Very solid, would've been an 8 if not for that one slip.

Jagielka: 7 - Defended very well, commanded the back and ran the ball out of defence on more than one occasion.

Baines: 8 - Beautiful free kick, defended well enough, got forward when he could. Very nearly MOTM.

Coleman: 6 - Defended decently, seemed lost at right wing. Sympathetic rating because he was clearly ordered to be conservative because of Bale.

Heitinga: 6 - Defended decently, besides that distinctly average

Pienaar: 8 - Looked brilliant whenever we got the ball, ran the show. Made some crucial blocks. My MOTM

Bilyaletdinov: 6 - Below average going forward, but defended well and seemed to do well aerially.

Cahill: 7 - Poor as usual with ball at feet but was key defensively in clearing set pieces from Crouch

Yakubu: 7 - Started brightly and showed signs of his derby performance but with Spurs having most of the ball he really lacked service.

Moyes: 8 - Limited squad today but positive substitutions and a clearly very well drilled side (holding hands at set pieces lads? :P). Shackled Bale brilliantly with Coleman and Neville.

Seen enough to know johnny ain't a midfielder and beckford isn't good enough. If crouch was any near quality in his finishing we would have been easily beaten,

Happy with point nine the less, exciting times for spurs, a team that has been well supported by their board

Edited by Hafnia2

Four games back, the way we were playing (losing to Brentford and Newcastle) with three eminently losable away games and the derby coming up it looked bad.

Month later, unbeaten, eight points, only one goal conceded, top half of the league (even if only temporarily). Can't complain :) .

Saha = Gash Get rid of this scum bag

Are you Serious? :blink: just come back from an Injury and playing upfront on his own against a very good team, away from home. Get a grip.

Hibbert was very sloppy when he came on i thought. We are carrying a few knocks, (Cahill looked a little tired) Thought Heitinga had a poor 2nd half, and i expected Gueye to come on over Beckford because Billy had next to no impact all game and put simply.. doesnt look like a £10m player, would have rather we went for someone like mcgeady! but all in all, great point against a tough opponent, dissapointed about the goal though.

Four games back, the way we were playing (losing to Brentford and Newcastle) with three eminently losable away games and the derby coming up it looked bad.

Month later, unbeaten, eight points, only one goal conceded, top half of the league (even if only temporarily). Can't complain :) .

Here,here. Well put MikeO!

I would have taken a point against Spurs at the start of the game, but IMO they were there to be beaten (although they would probably say the same about us!). We were dominant for large periods of that game but didnt really come up with a chance or make Gomes work. In fact I cant remember him making a proper save? From where im sitting thats not very good.

Howard was solid bar that one mistake. All he had to do was get something on it didnt and the blame lies squarly with him.

Neville was fairly shite tbh. A couple of times he let crouch wander off him which you cant do when the guy is twice your size. His passing was poor and he didnt really do that well against baines.

Jags was a rock today, he beat Crouch in the air more times than Distin did and he worked his arse off chasing balls that he needed to. Probably could have done more for the goal if I was being incredibly picky.

Distin - Not really sure what to think. He made some good blocks and tackles but he misjudged a couple of headers and he makes me nervous. he seems to want that little bit longer on the ball before moving it on or clearing. I wouldnt like to play alongside him because he isnt decisive and I would always be thinking about covering for him just in case and not be 100% focussed on my own game. He looks to be constantly in two minds and i still have reservations about him, even after his brilliant performance last week.

Baines was very good today, the free kick was fantastic and the majority of his set pieces were good. Looks like he prefers Pienaar or Osman ahead of him.

Heitinga was hot and cold today. First half he did his job but as the game wore on he got sloppier. Dealt with VDV very well for the most part, which he should be given credit for. Shouldnt be a DM though.

Pienaar was my MOTM. He was so busy out there today and whilst the quality didnt always show, he kept trying despite not looking fully fit. He tried more attacking passes when in possession today than Arteta has so far this season. They might not have always come off, but if you always play safe we wont score!

Coleman was average. He looked like he had been restrained and he didnt take on Ekotto enough for me and he is their weakest link.

Billy was also average. He did well defensively but he looked low confidence when he was on the ball and a couple of times I wanted him to have a pop but he tried something else. He has a lot more to give though.

Cahill was mildly better than average. He didnt really get enough service but he worked hard again.

Yakubu was a mixed bag today. I was hoping he would kick on with the form he showed against liverpool but he didnt reall get the service he deserved and then when he did his touch was hot and cold. Having said that he won the free kick which led to the goal and he looked miles more dangerous that either saha or beckford in their cameos. The thing with Yakubu is that if he plays well, the team plays well. We played our best football today when it went through Yakubu and we got it into his feet. I would also mention that the Spurs CB's did very well against both Cahill and Yakubu, probably as good as any 2 CB's will deal with them.

Saha - didnt really do much, it was however nice to see him back from injury.

Hibbert - looked a little off the pace.

Beckford - looked to be playing a completely different game. shouldnt have been played on the right wing though!

Moyes initial tactics were good, but again his subs were average. Saha swap was fine, Hibbert was understandable, but why bring on beckford to play predominantly RW, just move Pienaar & cahill and get him upfront in a game to try and get that winner. If he is going to use him out wide, why not just bring gueye on?

A fairly decent first-half performance followed by an absolutely woeful second half performance. In the first half we were more than a match for them IMO and should have pushed on after getting in the lead. However, an horrendous mistake by Howard cost us and then in the second half we were as threatening as a newborn baby wearing mittens! It's a good job we looked solid (for the most part) at the back.

Just on a personal note; I'd have swapped Bily and Pienaar after about 10 minutes. Bily drifted inside far too often leaving Baines on his own and we all know how well Pienaar and Baines work together, and I think we could have caused them even more problems playing like that.

Great point in the grand scheme of things and I didn't see us getting anything more than a point anyway.

Howard - Cost us massively with that howler but he also made at least one cracking save at 1-1 to save us the point.

Neville - He is the king of the hospital ball! He played his team mates into trouble all of the time. Other than that he defended fairly well and Bale didn't cause him too many problems.

Jagielka - If he could've passed better that'd have been an almost faultless performance.

Distin - Even though he mostly defended well my one memory of his performance is when he thought he was a character in Swan Lake and completely misjudged an aerial ball.

Baines - Great defensively up against Lennon and always busy going forward. Scored a peach of a free-kick and I hope that shows Moyes that Arteta should be kept away from them as much as possible. My MOTM because no one stood out but he was good in every department.

Coleman - Quiet day for him today but not a bad performance from him at all, and he helped Neville out as much as possible.

Pienaar - Poor performance. Personally I don't give a toss that he worked hard and was always available for the ball because he was there to create for us today but he fucked up every single time.

Heitinga - Great in the first-half and I thought that he'd go on from there but in the second half he was nothing but a donkey and a total hindrence.

Bily - He showed some nice touches and didn't really play badly but that's down to him being fairly anonymous. He'd just pop up to play a pass and then disappear again.

Cahill - I don't think he gave the Yak enough support today and looked tired. Again though, it wasn't a bad performance, he was just quiet and inneffective.

Yakubu - Not as good as he has been lately. Sometimes he held the ball up well but then would play a bad pass. Other times the ball would just bounce off him.

Thought we won the game on the grass but got trashed in the air.There was some great movement in the 1st half slightly less in the second.But just about every thing in the air was won by spurs.

Shame about the mistake for the goal, but hey! outfield players make mistakes every game and they are never mentioned.

Probably the sort of game an on form Fellaini would have turned our way, oh well, we have that to look forward to.

Thought Jags deserves a special mention for fouling Crouch so many times.....but never getting caught :rolleyes:

Moyes and the players know we can do better, things are looking up!

Pienaar - Poor performance. Personally I don't give a toss that he worked hard and was always available for the ball because he was there to create for us today but he fucked up every single time.

I think that's a bit harsh.

He's come back from injury (admittedly not the longest) and was easily one of the hardest workers on that pitch, always making himself available in the middle. Maybe not distributing to the best of his ability but I honestly feel if he hadn't been there today we would have lost.

A good decent performance against one of the sides that could be challening, and should be challenging 4th place.................and quite frankly some of the crap written about individual performances on this thread beggars belief. Having had the pleasure of visiting White Hart Lane and seeing/ watching a good game and good reult, methinks (is there such a word) some folk are very harsh. Jagielka was my man of the match, Distin (apart from one glaring blip) was a close second, Pienaar, ran his socks off and we all played well enough to negate the best they coud throw at us........................ a decent point at the end of the day.

I thought the result was fair, we shut down Bale well, perhaps he was tired from mid-week.. fucker looks like he should be in TrueBlood or some other such vampire nonsense show..

Bily was much improved, lacking confidence, but good to see him running well, he looked much fitter than last season or even the times we saw him in pre-season..

Jags and Distin did well, we were unlucky for Howard's missed punch, I'm not sure we'd have been penetrated otherwise, though Modric looked dangerous a couple of times.

Personally, I loved it when Coleman kept pace with Lennon, good to see ;). I do think that starting the last few games is taking a toll on the lad, still no complaints from me.

Yakubu made a few fast runs, as per the Liverpool game, he's either changed batteries or they've somehow fixed him.. he muscled a few defenders again today :lol:

Enough's been said about the rest... though I'd like to see Bily on the right or right of center at some point, so he's able to receive the ball on his left foot and use it to shoot.