IGNORED

Steven Naismith

Romey 1878

I'm not going to run around my estate naked at the excitement of signing Naismith but it could be so much worse. He's going to have Jelavic to link up with which can't be bad and I do get the feeling that Moyes knows what he's doing. I wonder if he'll take the Number 9 this season?

q2fqhrnwotyh3on5g2cg_normal.jpegFourth Official@Fourth_Official

Steven Naismith booked in for a medical early this week at Everton's Finch Farm, Everton return for pre-season on Tuesday

Wonder if there's truth to it, and if it's scheduled for Monday or Tuesday. Just wondering as someone who hasn't followed football for 20+ years and is wanting to learn something, does a player and team agree to terms and already have a deal in place prior to the medical? So if this is true, does Naismith likely already have a deal in place, assuming he can pass the medical? Or is the medical earlier in the process before a deal is agreed?

Wonder if there's truth to it, and if it's scheduled for Monday or Tuesday. Just wondering as someone who hasn't followed football for 20+ years and is wanting to learn something, does a player and team agree to terms and already have a deal in place prior to the medical? So if this is true, does Naismith likely already have a deal in place, assuming he can pass the medical? Or is the medical earlier in the process before a deal is agreed?

Not sure about EPL, but in American sports they always have all deals negotiated prior to the physical. Its kinda like buying a house. Negotiate the price, and then have a contingency based on the physical.

He's free so we may be in talks with his agent still just finalising the final details. I think a player needs permission for a medical with another club so under usual circumstances a team would be close to finalising a deal. There has been occasions were players have passed medicals then the parent club has pulled out of the deal.

Hi guys, Rangers fan here, thought I'd let you know a bit about Naismith.

He can play either as a striker, in the hole or as a right winger. At Rangers, I think he definitely played best on the right hand side and this season he got 9 goals in 11 games from that wide position before he got injured. He has decent pace, not lightning quick but fast enough, not really a skilful player but really clever in his movement and play.

As someone else mentioned in here him and Jelavic linked up brilliantly too. I would have thought after Jelavic you would have given our players a chance but as some of you still have doubts I'll also add that he has scored in the Champions League and for Scotland (and got one against Spain too).

Here's a video for those interested of all his 9 goals this season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTD2TcGQe98

Cheer mate smile.png

To be honest Im not sure because Ive not seen him play and hes recovering/recovered from a nasty injury and theres always the question of whether he could adapt to the pace of the EPL. Mind you, I didnt think Jelavic would adapt either so happy to be proven wrong a second time!

edit: whats with the holding his ears when he celebrates?

Edited by Matt

From the 9th goal that Whitticker has gone up in my books. Nice to see that in the 8th goal Jelavic set him up well rather than going for goal (showing just what might happen this season). I'm happy to have Naismith here (should all go to plan) and look forward to seeing him unveiled later this week.

Cheer mate smile.png

To be honest Im not sure because Ive not seen him play and hes recovering/recovered from a nasty injury and theres always the question of whether he could adapt to the pace of the EPL. Mind you, I didnt think Jelavic would adapt either so happy to be proven wrong a second time!

edit: whats with the holding his ears when he celebrates?

The celebration is something between him and his mates apparently. Also does a thing where he puts the back of his hands together..

From the 9th goal that Whitticker has gone up in my books. Nice to see that in the 8th goal Jelavic set him up well rather than going for goal (showing just what might happen this season). I'm happy to have Naismith here (should all go to plan) and look forward to seeing him unveiled later this week.

Whittaker is very good going forward and got into double figures on goals for a couple of seasons but isn't a great defender, not awful, but not great.

The celebration is something between him and his mates apparently. Also does a thing where he puts the back of his hands together..

Fair enough, wonder if we'll see it playing for us (assuming he signs). Seems to know where the goal is and quite a good header on him to!

Good luck to the future for your lot

I would take Naismith on a free and if it doesnt work out sell him on like we done with Beckford.

Quick question: who out of this list of Rangers players who have turned down new contracts would you be willing to take a gamble on?

Steven Davis

Allan McGregor

Kyle Lafferty

Jamie Ness

Steven Whittaker

Rhys McCabe

Sone Aluko

Personally I think McGregor could be number 1 for any team in Britain if they needed him. Others there I would say Ness and Aluko. Ness though has very bad injury problems and can hardly ever stay fit but is very talented (Signed for Stoke now though). Aluko joined us in November and was our best player last season (Maybe only because Naismith was injured). Extremely skilful, gets goals and great freekicks too. Don't want to bore you with videos on players you haven't been linked with but considering this is only half a seasons worth...

Also Davis is on a free and you could see from the Naismith video around his 6-8th goals him going on good runs and playing great balls

Fair enough, wonder if we'll see it playing for us (assuming he signs). Seems to know where the goal is and quite a good header on him to!

Good luck to the future for your lot

Yeah, has got a good header on him. Thanks mate.

I won't bore you anymore with other players, if anyone has questions or anything I'll answer them.

Looks like versatility is the key here, hope the medical rumours are that, just rumours and Fourth official is correct in saying he is not due till tomorrow, i would be happy if we pulled this off early doors and hopefully get in Davis as well, as he was highly regarded in Scotland last few years so another freebie (bar wages) to add to our squad would be ideal.

He does, weirdo he was ineffiecient at his other clubs, prior to Rangers...looks a menace there though. Quick, good feet, eye for goal and takes a set-piece, whats wrong with him :lol:

I wouldn't say that. He was good for Aberdeen and they weren't happy that he shit on them to sign for Rangers.

I wouldn't say that. He was good for Aberdeen and they weren't happy that he shit on them to sign for Rangers.

He was without a club for a few months before Rangers signed him... :lol:

He was decent at Aberdeen but not very noticeable, certainly didn't make as big an impact as he did at Rangers.