IGNORED

Steven Naismith

Romey 1878

I'm quietly optimistic about this one, think he can become a great player for us, great attitude by all accounts, can pick a pass, works his arse off and can score.

Looked at some forums - rangers fans placed him in the £10m bracket.

Im yet to be convinced tbh, but Felli has changed my opinion of him in the last season or so, never used to rate him at all, but he's really improved, so plenty of time for Naismith.

Good signing.

He's free, he's young and he's got a good understanding with our top goal scoring striker.

Weather he succeed's in the Premiership of course is a complete unknown but at no cost you can't complain.

Look forward to seeing him play and hopefully doing a good job for us.

Thanks Blue Union....we'd never have done it without yousmile.png .

:lol:

Fingers cross his knees hold up and weve gotten a quality player. From the youtube video he looks quite handy and from what our Rangers friend was saying, should I allow myself a bit of optimism?

I don;t know enough about this Naismith kid to get too carried away, but if the general consesus is, he's a good acquisition for the club, then that's good enough, the main thing is getting a new face for the team during close season, and a bit ahead of time even. I look forward to seeing what he can bring to his game.

probably need a player like him on the right - will allow ossie to stay inside.and give coleman a chance to rediscover his form. feel a bit sorry for Rangers but i think this is a shrewd signing - welcome and good luck Naisy.

I can't see Ossie playing much centrally with Gibson and Fellaini forming such a good partnership. It's more likely that Naismith will reform his partnership with Jelavic and play just behind him and Ossie stays on the right.

I can't see Ossie playing much centrally with Gibson and Fellaini forming such a good partnership. It's more likely that Naismith will reform his partnership with Jelavic and play just behind him and Ossie stays on the right.

He only played 10ish games on the right, but had the most joy from there. From reading forums it seems they had doubts about him as he was hit and miss and picking up injuries, but come into his own on the right.

I have a feeling Moyes will go with Gibson, Rodwell with Felli further forward. I'm hoping Osman gets a chance in the middle.

Hi Folks

Rangers fan here but been following Everton since the Walter Smith/Duncan Ferguson years

I'd say Naismith is a good signing he was always there in the big games putting a shift in and had his hand in a fair few goals...he's got champions league and international experience....as someone said above I'd liken him to Kuyt which I dont think is a bad thing to be honest

Guest blueboy122

We need some creativity in the middle of the park though, the only midfeilder who can create is ossie.

We need some creativity in the middle of the park though, the only midfeilder who can create is ossie.

I didn't say I don't want Ossie in the middle (it's obviously where he plays best), I just don't see it as viable (unless, as Pete suggested, Felli moves further upfield).

Good signing, if not good enough least we have had the balls to try him out, and with his old partner with him and Moyes and Weir and Ferguson about don't see why he won't fit in and do a job when needed. Good start but want 3 more players..

Guest blueboy122

I didn't say I don't want Ossie in the middle (it's obviously where he plays best), I just don't see it as viable (unless, as Pete suggested, Felli moves further upfield).

Yeah I know you didnt wasnt aimed at you it was just me making a point really. Couldnt we play two Defensive mids like Holland do and then Ossie infront of them.

---------Fellaini--------------Gibson-----------------

Right Mid---------------------------Osman----------------------------------Left Mid

Jelly

Louis is informing twitter before us it seems:

Interesting development re: Naismith. Scottish FA refuse to hand registration of player over and have asked FIFA to intervene.
Everton officials are confident that FIFA will allow Naismith to sign for Everton on a free transfer.

Interesting indeed...... Would be ironic for the deal to be pulled :lol: