IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

Legal age is 18 to drink in bars, but you have to appear to be over 25 to purchase alcohol in stores now.

No you don't, that's not the law, that's purely shop owners setting guidelines for their staff to cover themselves against prosecution.

If the "kids" were 18/20 they're perfectly entitled to buy whatever the hell they want, they may be "suspect individuals" in your view but the law is on their side.

Christ you're a miserable sod at times, go have an absynthe and cheer the f'ck up :shaking fist:.

I couldn't quite determine if the suspect individuals are the kids in question, the shop owners, or the trading standards themselves. This argument wouldn't even be underway if store policies had remained the same as they once were.

Don't drink saturday nights incidentally, and the word is Absinthe damn it

Too many fucking commercials on television also got me irritated, but this will only manifest into a rage, so guess we'll call it a night.

DK the policy will be to ask for ID if they don't look 25, not refuse to serve them. As that is actually against the law in itself.

Also, they may be regular customers who have previously produced ID so they know they are old enough.

Last night I took a soon to be nephew of mine to a pub, he is 17. I bought him a few pints with no bother and he got a few in himself, they didn't ask for ID. Shame you didn't join us DK, we had a great time breaking the law with the assistance of a couple of rather tasty bar maids (Marco if you want to have a bit of a perv get down to the sea view on a Saturday, nice bar staff).

Getting dark early damn it. 8 o clock and just about dark outside ?

Yes Yes got angry about it staying light a few weeks ago - no need to raise any old issues.

I don't like changes though. Maybe I'm pleased with this really, or is it I just get irritated and upset about every goddamn thing.

Living with regular anger really can get you upset and irritated if you understand. Tried all solutions but what can you do.

Think a night out may be of some assistance one way or another.

(If true)

Fellaini handing in his transfer request with four hours left of the window. Why do it now you bellend? Do it in the morning or better still straight after the Cardiff game.

I imagine its more down to Utd not matching the valuation and negotiations going on for ages, without the player having to give up millions he would be entitled to. Ok, mightve been done sooner but I imagine he was requested to hand it in to help the deal go through rather than him saying "fuck it, this is late enough"

I imagine its more down to Utd not matching the valuation and negotiations going on for ages, without the player having to give up millions he would be entitled to. Ok, mightve been done sooner but I imagine he was requested to hand it in to help the deal go through rather than him saying "fuck it, this is late enough"

i assumed similar...hand it in when it's all pretty much done..not like we didn't know..no point gettin annoyed at fellaini

i assumed similar...hand it in when it's all pretty much done..not like we didn't know..no point gettin annoyed at fellaini

Exactly....have no problem with him at all in this personally; really enjoyed his time at the club and I'm pretty sure he's the kind of guy that won't celebrate if/when he scores against us in the future. Good luck to him (though not his club) assuming it goes through.

Burning wigs/slagging him off = infantile imo.

Go back on what I said earlier, I'm in the same camp as Mike. I've been prepared for him leaving and would thank him for his services if I saw him out in the street. In the heat of the moment I was pissed off at his transfer request but it was always coming. Burning wigs is just embarrassing.

He's right. The last time Everton could have been fairly ridiculed was at any time during the Walter Smith tenure, or even the season before that. Bringing in names the caliber and recognition of John Collins, Gascgoine and Ginola for example may have been fine or exciting purchases at the time, but it's not much good when you're part of an overall poor team. This club has made it back and become recognized again in the last 10 years, and whether we like to admit it or not, it's all down to one individual. David Moyes