IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Mine cancelled on me as well, was due to go for some treatment tomorrow but it's now Jan 9th; check-up was October:rolleyes:. I'm supposed to go every four months but that would mean booking the next check-up a month after treatment which is daft. She has to do the same thing every four months anyway so checks are pretty pointless, might suggest that to her thinking about it.

the man has canceled 6 times in the last couple of months , odd it never happened when I was a private patient eh?

18 hours ago, MikeO said:

The shop. With the wife. And the credit card.

Just got home; it's in Bristol (70 miles away) but they're building one in Exeter (15 miles away, opening next summer). Dreading it:unsure:.

Mike,  140 miles to do some shopping!  That must be some sort of record.  

10 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

game of thrones people.  they act like everyone in the world watches this show and if you don't something is wrong with you.  i've seen some, didn't care for it.  now i have to read all these GOT references to "winter is comign" FFS its already here and no one gives a shit about your tv show.

tenor.gif?itemid=5888157

42 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

game of thrones people.  they act like everyone in the world watches this show and if you don't something is wrong with you.  i've seen some, didn't care for it.  now i have to read all these GOT references to "winter is comign" FFS its already here and no one gives a shit about your tv show.

You know nothing, mjb.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Never seen it or anything to do with it.  Just recognise the title.

Just now, Matt said:

Has Bill hacked your account?

i'm not against fantasy/sci-fi, in fact i enjoy a lot of it (as you well know with our discussions on "The Expanse").  I guess maybe my issue isn'tt with the fans on further reflection, maybe more that it's become a part of pop culture and popular canon.  GOT phrases, quotes, topics, etc are all used interchangeably in everything from news to social interaction.  I'm over it.

i probably sound like star trek fans do when a star wars movie is coming out or when "may the fourth" occurs.

20 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'm not against fantasy/sci-fi, in fact i enjoy a lot of it (as you well know with our discussions on "The Expanse").  I guess maybe my issue isn'ttt with the fans on further reflection, maybe more that it's become a part of pop culture and popular canon.  GOT phrases, quotes, topics, etc are all used interchangeably in everything from news to social interaction.  I'm over it.

i probably sound like star trek fans do when a star wars movie is coming out or when "may the fourth" occurs.

I love both Star Trek and Star Wars, so no idea what you mean :P

10 hours ago, MikeO said:

What do you do when your other half is insanely angry with you and you have no idea why? The response to to any query is "nothing" while she looks like she wants to stab you with a sharp object. Answers on a postcard please.

Pretend you do know why she's angry.  They're angriest about the fact you don't understand why they're angry; so much so that they usually don't remember what they were angry about in the first place.

The fucking IRS is after our joint-account information even though my wife is only on the account so she can have access to the larger income (she has her own for her income). We told the bank we don't consent to this sharing of information as it's all my income (as a British national, they have no right to see what I earn), but the bank have said their obligated to share the information with the IRS whether we consent or not. WTF??

12 hours ago, MikeO said:

What do you do when your other half is insanely angry with you and you have no idea why? The response to to any query is "nothing" while she looks like she wants to stab you with a sharp object. Answers on a postcard please.

chocolate and a big sad look mate 

just been to the doctor and they need to run a load more tests on me.................................. buggerit

15 hours ago, MikeO said:

Go to the pub with your mates (if you've got any:D) stay out late and her indoors will soon start talking to you again, even if its only to nag!