IGNORED

West Ham (Away)

MikeO

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute joke!!! Really, words fail me, how far have we fallen? The set up was negative, bring on strikers when it's late, rodwell will be thinking of walking no doubt. The lad looks shot of confidence, no structure or zip about our play. Aaaarrrrrgggghh so angry, stick arteta in the reserves till he remembers how he can play....

Absolute joke!!! Really, words fail me, how far have we fallen? The set up was negative, bring on strikers when it's late, rodwell will be thinking of walking no doubt. The lad looks shot of confidence, no structure or zip about our play. Aaaarrrrrgggghh so angry, stick arteta in the reserves till he remembers how he can play....

on that performance, no one would have him

Utter Disgrace.

If Moyes is happy with a point against the team second from bottom he can fuck off. My first question would be if Blackpool have the quality to go away from home and attack teams like there is no tommorow, why the hell dont we? We played Cahill upfront on his own and he did fuck all because he had no body to link up with, if he is going to play cahill, surely there has got to be atleast 1 striker infront of him, instead we bench all 3 strikers we have, fair enough they have all been shite, but Beckford has come on for us and Scored twice, surely he deserves atleast 45 mins to show what he can do?

Another Question would be why the hell cant Rodwell play centre back? or even Duffy on the bench for that matter? When he was going to make the sub to bring Yak on i thought he was showing an ounce of sense and playing Rodwell in his natural position and taking HIbbert off.

And Bringing Pienaar, our most creative player off, when we are looking for a winner in the dying minutes? :blink:

The Man is a tactical retard. Nuff said.

We started the game with 6 midfielders and no strikers, so I could have told you before the game that we'd see plenty of the ball but have no cutting edge whatsoever. That's exactly what happened. I said if Cahill was played as the striker that it'd have a negative impact on him because he'd be easier to mark. That happened too, he barely got a sniff. Now, I'm not paid £60,000 a week to be able to see these things but David Moyes is and he must be fucking stupid if he can't see any of this shite that any one of us can. I've lost faith in him totally, the man has completely run out of ideas, he's stale, he just looks completely clueless on the touchline. Why does he always send us out with a negative approach in mind? What is so wrong with starting a game like you want to fucking win it? How can he not spot that we need to quicken our approach play? Why start a player (Hibbert) who is never gonna be match fit and to make matters worse, in what is mostly an unfamiliar position? How can he think that taking off the only midfielder who is pushing us forward and looking like he could unlock their defence (Pienaar) is the right way to go? How can he justify bringing Arteta back in when he's done pretty much nothing all season? These are just some of the questions that tactical retard needs to answer. But, I doubt he even has an inkling that he's to blame for a lot of our troubles.

I'm not even sure Cahill had any sort of supporting player for most of that game, I can only really remember him being on his fucking lonesome up there chasing 4 defenders. Our right side was a fucking shambles. Playing two positionally shit players (Hibbert and Neville) on the same side of the pitch was just asking for trouble, and at times Coleman was more of a right back than Neville. In truth, he put Neville to shame. Seeing Neville and Hibbert trying to work together was like watching bozo and krusty the clown, if I'd have been a neutral it'd have been funny to watch. Where they playing with their shoelaces tied together or something? Then because of that Distin was having to come over to cover up for their ineptitude, but then we had massive gaps for West Ham to exploit! Get a clue Moyes, you dickhead.

Howard - Did he have anything meaningful to do? I really can't remember.

Neville - He was the personification of Manchester: FULL OF SHIT.

Hibbert - I thought it'd be a mistake to play him before the game and so it proved to be. Not because of the own goal, that could happen to any one tbh, but just like the last time he came back into the side (and was also shite) he was never gonna be up to speed because he's barely played, and this time he was getting thrown in what isn't his natural position. He was off the pace, he didn't get tight enough to their forwards, positionally all over the place. The performance by Hibbert highlights exactly why I hate unfit players playing, why I hate players playing out of position! I don't really blame Hibbo though, I blame Moyes totally because Hibbert should never have been put in this situation.

Distin - I dread to think how many we'd have lost by if he hadn't been back there covering for Bozo and Krusty, it could have been embarrassing.

Baines - I thought he was poor defensively but still put everything into going forward even though his crossing wasn't as good as we know it can be.

Coleman - I just love his positivity even though his runs don't always come off, he'll lose the ball but he's not afraid to try the same thing again the next time the ball comes his way. I wonder how long it'll take Moyes to knock that out of him? His first thought is to always go forward and that's why he was in the right place to get his goal, and didn't he take it well? He's tenacious as well though, how many times did he chase back to win the ball back for us or to at least slow down a West Ham attack?

Arteta - There were signs of the real Arteta today but signs aren't enough, we need him to be on it from start to finish, pulling the strings. But for the most part he was his crab self, doing fuck all.

Rodwell - I thought it was another anonymous game from Jack, he didn't leave any sort of mark on the game; positive or negative.

Fellaini - I thought he was superb, almost flawless tbh. A couple of times he was a bit too calm with the ball and lost it but other than that he had a cracking game. He was everywhere and a magnet for the ball. He broke up attack after attack, he used the ball intelligently to be the start of most of our own attacks, he won a fuck load of headers. My MOTM.

Pienaar - A shite first half but he came into it a lot more in the second half IMO. I hope the reason he was taken off was because he was tired or something after missing a game because if he wasn't then I'm baffled as to why he came off. At that time he was looking like the only one who could make something happen for us. Once he went off we just resorted to hoofing and we no longer looked like we could win the game.

Cahill - I felt so sorry for him. He was totally isolated up there, did we actually play with a player supporting him? If we did they did a shite job because he was on his own most of the time. Because he was getting marked out of the game he was having to drop deeper but then that meant that we didn't have any one upfront at all.

Utter Disgrace.

If Moyes is happy with a point against the team second from bottom he can fuck off. My first question would be if Blackpool have the quality to go away from home and attack teams like there is no tommorow, why the hell dont we? We played Cahill upfront on his own and he did fuck all because he had no body to link up with, if he is going to play cahill, surely there has got to be atleast 1 striker infront of him, instead we bench all 3 strikers we have, fair enough they have all been shite, but Beckford has come on for us and Scored twice, surely he deserves atleast 45 mins to show what he can do?

Another Question would be why the hell cant Rodwell play centre back? or even Duffy on the bench for that matter? When he was going to make the sub to bring Yak on i thought he was showing an ounce of sense and playing Rodwell in his natural position and taking HIbbert off.

And Bringing Pienaar, our most creative player off, when we are looking for a winner in the dying minutes? :blink:

The Man is a tactical retard. Nuff said.

Dont beleeieve evvrythin u see on thr internet ROdders isntt and never willl be a cb

Dont beleeieve evvrythin u see on thr internet ROdders isntt and never willl be a cb

Tried getting on member map but can't find it but whoever's closest to duncan(etc...) he needs putting in the recovery position!!!

He'll have a bastard behind the eye in the morning!!!

still so so angry about this..my faith in moyes is being severely tested especially after this..yet another false down and we went with no fight to win at all..i'd rather lose tryin to win than draw like that to be honest..2nd bottom in the league and we were the ones wastin time..pathetic..no strikers on the pitch but 3 on the bench? pathetic...cahill scores 9 goals playing behind the striker so he makes him the striker and completely changes his game? pathetic...the man is losing or has lost the plot..part of me(and a small stupid probably more annoyed than the rest of me part) is wonderin if he is fucking up on purpose to get the boot and not lose out on any compo on his part because he is fed up with the lack of money he gets..today just hurt me so much because it was a lack of fight that even in the 90s when we were shite we never lost..we have no passion anymore and no desire to win or want to better ourselves..seem to be happy stuck in the limbo of midtable

as for rodwell i dunno what possesses people to believe he is going to be a class cb? he has made his mark in midfield at such a young age and looks a class act when on form..so why move him from there? playing there at youth level means fuck all...if im correct or i might be talkin out my ring piece but i read somewhere hibbert started off as a striker so there you go!

I would love to know what Moyes is thinking. Why play Hibbert at CB (for all the reasons Romey mentioned plus the fact he was likely to be up against Carlton Cole whos a massive lad), why not start with a striker (as Romey also mentioned about Cahill), why be so negative against a team that were comfortably there for the taking and wtf were the 89+min subs about. Its pathetic. I quite literally dont understand, I thought things might start to change after the city game as we set up better but it wasnt to be and then when we played better just before half time, we come out the second half looking shit again. We then bring Yakubu on and play the same way we have been when we have been shite. I begining to think he hasnt got a clue. He seems to stumble across something that works but doesnt build on it.

Howard barely needed to touch the ball. Maybe 1 save?

Neville was piss poor. People keep mentioning about Coleman being dodgy at RB but I cant see how worse he could do tbh. Plus I am fed up with him just hoofing it straight up in the air either down the line or in the vague direction of Cahill.

Hibbert shouldnt have been there. Why not give the youth its chance? One of the worse positional displays iv seen from a CB but he did give it his all. Couldnt really ask any more of him in those circumstances.

Distin was more or less our only CB when Hibbo went walkies. He did well but also looked a little shaky as well at time because of it.

Baines was average today. Attacking wise he was good but his final delivery was a bit wayward and he got caught out a couple of times defensively.

Coleman was very good today, especially first half. He gets up and down that touchline so often its ridiculous and he took his goal really well, shame he couldnt add the second. Covered Nevilles ass on at least a couple of occasions for the 3rd game running. MOTM

Felli was also very good. Didnt think he was as dominant aerially against CC but dealt with most things centrally.

Rodwell was a bit anonymous. I think he does a lot work that people dont necessarily see because its not eye catching. He works hard, gets stuck in and is always available for a pass. His forward runs were one of the reason we started to play better, its just a shame there werent more of them. Im not entirely sure he knows what role he is meant to be playing and when he is meant to get forward or drop back. Same could be said of Arteta.

Arteta did nothing for 35mins, then slowly started to get forward and play forward. Then half time came and he turned into crab man for most of the next 45. Shame.

Pienaar didnt really get too involved. He linked up with Baines beautifully but other than that he was more of a peripheral figure. Id much rather see him through the centre than Arteta though. Not sure why he came off.

Cahill was wasted today. Romey was spot on with his prediction and at times it was him up against a back 4 and DM. He is best utilising the space between the main striker and midfield, not competing directly with the CBs. He worked hard as always but he was visibly getting frustrated.

Yakubu looked visibly dissinterested today and although I have supported him on many occasions he was very dissapointing. Having said that the service to him was non existant. When the ball got to him, he did something with it but other than that he wasnt too fussed. Im also not sure what message this sends to Saha. He comes on and does well against City and next game doesnt get the nod. Its also clear we were playing an aerial game so im not sure the point of bringing Yakubu on to compete in the air. I rate Yakubu but surely Moyes knows by now that he is non-existant when the ball is in the air? I mean he has only had him for 3 seasons now!

I feel sorry for Beckford and Bily. Exactly what impact they are meant to have on a game when they are being brought on in injury time (more or less), Im not quite sure. It smacks of negativity from Moyes suggesting that he is just looking to waste time and hang on in a game we should be winning. Coleman was clearly getting tired and sloppy by around the 70minute mark but it took him another 20mins to get Bily on and not even for Coleman, probably due to his defensive qualities compared to a replacement. When we are down and arent creating Moyes has to make brave choices and taking off those who arent performing. Arteta should have been taken off for Beckford to go to a proper 2 up front and taking him off in the 90min mark is a cop out.

All the promise of the City game has now been wasted and we have once again fallen to a false dawn. Not sure how anyone could defend Moyes today, really dissapointing...

as for rodwell i dunno what possesses people to believe he is going to be a class cb? he has made his mark in midfield at such a young age and looks a class act when on form..so why move him from there? playing there at youth level means fuck all...if im correct or i might be talkin out my ring piece but i read somewhere hibbert started off as a striker so there you go!

I agree, his marking is poor and he has certainly got quality as a box to box midfielder breaking forward and getting involved in the forward play, I guess a bit like Lampard in top form.

people do say about coleman at RB and that he may be a bad defender and i agree he couldn't be worse than neville at the moment but who'd go right mid then? he's forward runs and positivity are about the only plus in this team at the moment attackin wise barring cahill and baines..i wouldn't want to risk taking that away by shackling him with defensive duties..that bein said nev needs a kick up the arse

Just read the last three posts and I get the feeling what was said before will be something similar. To travel down to London at this time of year,and I am f**king seething, on the back of a great win at City, refreshed (I hoped) with a postponed game, only to play a team second bottom, without a striker on the pitch beggars belief. Smacked of no ambition from the start. So many in the crowd angry at what we had to see, murmurs of playing that way to accomodate Pienaar, Arteta and Rodwell, at what cost......two extra points I reckon................Yakubu with 20 to go..........Beckford with no time to go....................So F***ing Frustrating.................MMMMMMMMMMMMM....Man City away, we play a striker, albeit Anichebe and win the game, West Ham away, we play no striker, sad, f***ing sad.

p.s Osman out injured and we struggle again, anyone buying into that.

He has played there all his life at Youth level and For England U 21's hasnt he? :blink:

Tony Hibbert started life as a forward would you call him a forward now?

Oh and Rodders hasnt played a single minute of any game for the U21s as a CB

If you had ever seen Roddders as a CB in a first team jersey you would understand why he was converted to a midfielder a long time ago

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Tony Hibbert started life as a forward would you call him a forward now?

Oh and Rodders hasnt played a single minute of any game for the U21s as a CB

If you had ever seen Roddders as a CB in a first team jersey you would understand why he was converted to a midfielder a long time ago

didn't think i made that up :lol:

Fair Enough he isnt a natural centre back, i never said he was going to play there and be great. But my point was that surely someone who has some experience playing there (albeit at Youth level) and also has some attributes of a centre back, would be better than playing Hibbert there.

Edited by GoodisonRoad

Fair Enough he isnt a natural centre back, i never said he was going to play there and be great. But my point was that surely someone who has some experience playing there (albeit at Youth level) would be better than playing Hibbert there.

hibbert has experience of playing there at senior level though...duffy was the obvious choice anyways no hibbert or rodwell