IGNORED

Bily

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

"The club’s manager Kurban Berdiyev has admitted he tried to sign Bilyaletdinov from Everton in the winter and is keen to make big moves when the Russian transfer window reopens in August.

‘We were negotiating with Bilyaletdinov, but he didn’t want to come,’ said Berdiyev, but the 26-year-old midfielder may reconsider at the end of the campaign after starting just nine Barclays Premier League games this season."

From the way he puts it, it seems like we accepted a bid from them and allowed them to offer Bily a contract but Bily was the one who decided he would stay. Not sure if it's true, but if it is then that must have sent a strong signal to Bily although he has been playing quite a bit more since the winter transfer window.

"The club's manager Kurban Berdiyev has admitted he tried to sign Bilyaletdinov from Everton in the winter and is keen to make big moves when the Russian transfer window reopens in August.

'We were negotiating with Bilyaletdinov, but he didn't want to come,' said Berdiyev, but the 26-year-old midfielder may reconsider at the end of the campaign after starting just nine Barclays Premier League games this season."

From the way he puts it, it seems like we accepted a bid from them and allowed them to offer Bily a contract but Bily was the one who decided he would stay. Not sure if it's true, but if it is then that must have sent a strong signal to Bily although he has been playing quite a bit more since the winter transfer window.

its the way i read it too. I wouldnt mind him going but i wouldnt mind him staying either

If we could get £7-9m for him then it's a no brainer - I've always had high hopes for him but lets be honest it hasn't really worked and for that money (even with a small loss) we would be silly to turn it down. Say we did get £7m - I'd love us to test L.A.Galaxy the MLS with a bid for Donovan.

Fixed it!!!

Edited by c1982

I like Bily. I think I'd rather stick with him than sell and sign a 29 year old Landon Donovan whose main asset, pace is likely to dwindle over the next couple of seasons.

I'd hope that if we did sell Bily we went for someone younger than Donovan tbh, as much as I love the fella.

I like Bily.

I think everyone likes Bily....and loves his occasional contributions. But occasional is the key word, we can't afford to carry a player for eighty-eight minutes a game.

I'd rather have Landon of the two, but there are probably better options.

• 4 weeks later...

Really hope we keep JV, I dont know what it is but Ive got a feeling he could be a star given the chance. IF we could play it on the floor up to the forwards, Becks and JV would rip most defences apart with their speed....

Silly artical the mail have wrote there, we know yobo wants to go, same for yakubu. Heitinga came out yesterday and said he is staying. Poor work from the mail.

Back on topic, right fee comes in I will take Bily the airport myself. Not a fan at all.

Really hope we keep JV, I dont know what it is but Ive got a feeling he could be a star given the chance. IF we could play it on the floor up to the forwards, Becks and JV would rip most defences apart with their speed....

I cant believe JV isnt even in the squad for the last couple of games, unless he is inelligible? HE has to be a better option than both Vic and Beckford up top on his own!

If we could get our money back on Bily then that would be great business. I certainly think he would be a good player to have as a central supporting midfielder but that would require a fair amount of work on some of his very obvious faults and I dont even think him or Moyes have that in them.