IGNORED

Bily

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we get at least £7m I would be chuffed, Russia is awash with money at the monent so let's see if two of their big hitters fancy a bidding war....

Sad it never turned out, had high hopes after his first game but sadly likes the commitment and confidence, the odd rocket has not hidden a very disappointing signing.

It would be a shame to see him go, I personally feel for the lad, he has done a great job for his country and a good enough job at club level to warrant bargain buyer Moyes paying £10 million for him. He had a good start here but since then he just seems to have taken an absolute battering to his confidence.

I wish things had worked out better for him and the club, but if we can get something in the region of £7 million like Haf says, I'll be more than happy enough.

It is a shame, I had high hopes for him too.

If he does go he will have my best wishes, I genuinely hope he goes onto have a good career.

He's carried himself well, never been out in the press slagging the manager or the club, never in the pubs causing trouble. He has been a good pro, just isnt suited to our game.

It is a shame, I had high hopes for him too.

If he does go he will have my best wishes, I genuinely hope he goes onto have a good career.

He's carried himself well, never been out in the press slagging the manager or the club, never in the pubs causing trouble. He has been a good pro, just isnt suited to our game.

Agreed. I still think he'll go to a club that better suits his playing style and will shine. He just wasn't given enough chances, in my opinion.

I'll be sad to see Bily go - a natural footballer who could have done very well here (and, in flashes, showed it). I place the blame squarely on Moyes (tactically and managerially). Interested to see who the next whipping boy will be when he goes. I think Bily's had a lot of undue flak round here. Moyes' reverse Midas touch has made the whole team look like crap.

Edited by formby

Was at the game against Portsmouth, last day of the season, two years ago with jona32, absoultly crap game, which we should have lost to an already relegated team, then with seconds to go he scored an absolute blinder volley! Worth the ticket fee alone. Fair play he can score some wicked goals, shame really that he's never full filed his potential with us

I'll be sad to see Bily go - a natural footballer who could have done very well here (and, in flashes, showed it). I place the blame squarely on Moyes (tactically and managerially). Interested to see who the next whipping boy will be when he goes. I think Bily's had a lot of undue flak round here. Moyes' reverse Midas touch has made the whole team look like crap.

Think thats a bit harsh on Moyes mate, if Bily put in 100% every game and didnt feel the need to go missing in games then nobody on here would slate him. Its the fact we all know with a bit more effort he could be a wonderful footballer he has it all apart from pace, but unfortunately doesnt seem to be arsed half the time.

Think thats a bit harsh on Moyes mate, if Bily put in 100% every game and didnt feel the need to go missing in games then nobody on here would slate him. Its the fact we all know with a bit more effort he could be a wonderful footballer he has it all apart from pace, but unfortunately doesnt seem to be arsed half the time.

Harsh? Maybe. But plenty of others go missing without getting the same kind of flak. Arteta looked a dud for much of last year. Looks okay this year with Arsenal (because they play cultivated football, not agricultural hoofball). Moyes saw something in Bily, bought him, then didn't get the best out of him. That's a managerial failing. I also think it's tactical, though you may argue. I saw Bily play with Barkley in a pre-season game against DC and their one touch stuff was fantastic. Moyes obviously doesn't go for that brand of football. He never played the formation again.

Edited by formby

You two are mates then? Didn't know that....or did I just miss itunsure.png .

Unfortunately yes, have know each otherfor 20 odd years from school days and believe me they have been odd!!! ;):)

Everton fans are fairly scarce round here, mainly kopites and man utd shites! We gotta stick together and educate the masses!!

Edited by mogsy

Totally agree, yes there have been games when Bily really could have thrown a bit more effort into it, but at the same time, why spend £10m on a winger who is clearly not a winger, a complete waste of money, should never have been purchased in the first place, he is the scapegoat for the rest of the teams failures now, its sad.

Noticed in the last post that the quote doesn't bring down the smiley, only brings down the link, i've seen it several times but it doesnt happen in every post, is it something still not right under the bonnet. ???

just edited the post. the smiley is basically a link to a photo, it looks like there was no space between the last word confusing it. (ithttp instead of it http)

put a space in and it fixed it, but then there is a quote further up without a space and its fine. confused now.

Moyes has to take alot of the blame for bily I'm afraid - it was a panic buy.

Bily should have been given a couple of games behind the striker, he has got a ridiculous shot in his left foot - the lad ain't a winger.

I likd to think moyes has learned his lesson with the purchase of our little Russian.