IGNORED

Bily

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) As far as I can see, he hasn't gone anywhere yet;

2) None of us certainly know what the fee is - speculating;

3) If Billy had been with another Premier League club instead of us, what would you want Everton to spend on buying him? Frankly I wouldn't want us to spend more than £2.5m, albeit maybe some add-ons for appearances etc.

4) If he is on say £30k a week then that is more than £1.5m off the annual wage bill for someone who has given us minimal payback.

I wish him well, but for the good of our club, I will be glad if/when he goes.

Well in all seriousness I hold Moyes fully accountable for Billy, between Yak and Bily moyes has netted a tidy £18m loss. Sadly as is the case with Yak, you wonder if it was the way Moyes utilised them...

Theres only so bad a player can look if they are utilised wrong. IMO if Bily was played through the centre he would have been a little bit better for us but I still think he was too slow for the way we play our football over here. He didnt seem to be technical enough at all and I dont think he has that natural footballing brain.

Well in all seriousness I hold Moyes fully accountable for Billy, between Yak and Bily moyes has netted a tidy £18m loss. Sadly as is the case with Yak, you wonder if it was the way Moyes utilised them...

Yaks great start at Blackburn will fade and next season their fans will be bemoaning a fat lazy Yak. Keep for a season the resell player. Bily is an enigma, looks to have it all but cant produce it consistently. Too lightweight for the prem, cant play out wide and would get overrun in the middle.

£5mill yes £2.5mill no, keep him and make him bulk up a bit

I'm sorry but how can anyone think he has proved himself to be worth more than £2,500,000???

Yes we paid a lot for him a few years back, but that means nothing! He doesnt have a long contract with us and has done nothing in his time here.

£2,500,00 is a good deal, and if we get add ons then thats a bonus.

I am dissapointed with the fee if £2.5mil is true given how much other players of limited ability are going for BUT if you have to actually price him up on what he has done at Everton then we have done well to get that.

Best of luck Bily, but you werent good enough in this league. He may not have been helped by where he was played but he lacks several of the basic characteristics of the Premier League and I hope Moyes doesnt take any more advice from Mr Hiddink!

Yaks great start at Blackburn will fade and next season their fans will be bemoaning a fat lazy Yak. Keep for a season the resell player. Bily is an enigma, looks to have it all but cant produce it consistently. Too lightweight for the prem, cant play out wide and would get overrun in the middle.

£5mill yes £2.5mill no, keep him and make him bulk up a bit

Yakubu has already proved his worth for Blackburn. He is one of the main differences between them being 16th and trailing several points adrift at the foot of the league. If this 1 year myth was even remotely true, they could already sell him this summer for 5 or 6 times what they paid for him.

Yakubu has already proved his worth for Blackburn. He is one of the main differences between them being 16th and trailing several points adrift at the foot of the league. If this 1 year myth was even remotely true, they could already sell him this summer for 5 or 6 times what they paid for him.

I didnt question his current worth to Blackburn, as it stands they got a bargain and arguably one of the deals of the summer. Next season will be the true test for Yak, its a pattern that has developed across his career and as such isnt really a myth

It's no myth, the fact with Yakubu has always been that he does extremely well in his first year and then goes off the boil. He did it at Middlesboro, Portsmouth and at Everton. He will become lazy for Blackburn in time and deep down they probably know it, just because he is their hero now dosen't mean that he's going to get a statue outside Ewood Park anytime soon.

Didn't Haf post Yak's goalscoring figures to show that it is a myth that he goes off the boil in his second season?

Yep he did.

Yakubu is always lazy, always looks like he cant be arsed, but get him the ball in and around the box and he will still score goals all season long.

If someone else posts about this one year Yak bollocks I will scream... Use wikipedia there is data on him I repeat...

YAK IS NOT A ONE SEASON WONDER!!! STOP USING OTHER PEOPLES MADE UP STATS AND USE YOUR BRAIN!!! MOYES SOLD A PROVEN GOALSCORER WHEN WE ARE DESPERATE

Portsmouth:

Season 1: 7 goals 14 games (late join)

Season 2: 19 goals 43 games

Season 3: 17 goals 35 games

Middlesbrough:

Season 1: 19 goals 56 games

Season 2: 16 goals 45 games

Yak is never going to run and chase lumped up balls to him - he's a goal scorer, give it to him on the deck in and around the box and he will score, unfortunately our esteemed manager finds it necessary for a striker to run round like a headless chicken in order to make something of the shite served up by Jags and Neville hoofballs...

Those stats on their own don't necessarily tell the whole truth though....couple of thoughts...

Why is it commonly accepted that he did fall off in the second full season at both clubs if he didn't?

If he was as good second season why did he get sold?

Think you'd need to get a fuller breakdown of the stats to get the true picture....maybe (without looking it up)...

At Pompey he scored sixteen goals in the first twenty games and then one in the next fifteen and at 'Boro got fourteen in twenty and then two in twenty-five. That'd be a serious fall-off.

Not saying that's the case but it'd be interesting to see.

The thing with yak is yeah he's a goalscorer and yeah we're desperate for a goalscorer but the fact remains he only actually had one good season playing for us, his stats say 6 in 36 in the 2nd full season (ignore his actual 2nd season because of the injury) - 6 in 36 is poor even by saha's standards! It's no secret we could have sold him for a lot pre-injury and maybe something was lined-up with Arry??? Yak should not have been dropped when he was last season in my opinion but to be fair he wasn't scoring and we were doing shite... off to Leicester, he scored regularly but they didn't get promoted and they chose not to make the deal permanent to many LCFC fans relief! Off to Blackburn... once again scoring for fun but look at Blackburn, they're below even us! Big shout now... I will go as far to say if Yak had played on Sat we would have won - great goalscorer - no doubt, can hold the ball up better than most but has he ever really made the difference to a team? E.g. winning them games consistently, it's okay scoring but winning is the most important thing in football. Don't get me wrong, offer me yak in a straight swap for saha and I'd snap your hand off but there must be a reason why yakubu has never played for a big, big team.

Delighted for Bily that he’s got a chance to resurrect his career. I think that’s almost everyone with an ounce of creativity off the roster now. Barkley next, surely. I’m sure the boo boys on this board will be delighted with a midfield of runners and heavies, huffing and puffing across the park.rolleyes.gif

I think his "spells" of scoring have been well documented, but the stats are there for all to see. He may turn out to be this itchy footed disinterested idiot at Blackburn - I would sooner have him any day than Saha.

Clearly he's a player that needs 'managing' a goal machine non the less.

I think his "spells" of scoring have been well documented, but the stats are there for all to see. He may turn out to be this itchy footed disinterested idiot at Blackburn - I would sooner have him any day than Saha.

Clearly he's a player that needs 'managing' a goal machine non the less.

I wouldnt want either of them they are both a waste of space

I don't buy into all this to lightweight for the Prem malarkey anyone would think the league is full of 15 stone meat heads. All you have to do is look at the likes of Modric Silva Pienaar Defoe and many many more to see it means nothing not just in Bily's case either.

In saying that I think It's the best for both parties He leaves and I'd take 5m + add on's

Good luck to the lad

I don't buy into all this to lightweight for the Prem malarkey anyone would think the league is full of 15 stone meat heads. All you have to do is look at the likes of Modric Silva Pienaar Defoe and many many more to see it means nothing not just in Bily's case either.

In saying that I think It's the best for both parties He leaves and I'd take 5m + add on's

Good luck to the lad

I think it was more lightweight between the ears than anything. I dont mean to say that he is thick or anything but when it comes to going that extra yard to win, Bily didnt, and when the chips were down he sulked.

I think it was more lightweight between the ears than anything. I dont mean to say that he is thick or anything but when it comes to going that extra yard to win, Bily didnt, and when the chips were down he sulked.

And who on the current team, in your opinion, best exemplifies this spirit of going the extra yard? And which of them haven't sulked? I can think of quite a few that would apply to.

Phil Neville has tweeted about it.

Said he once ordered a ceasar salad as a starter on a night out, went to the toilet and bily had put it in his jacket pocket.

Didnt think he was the type.

Be there first time in a while that neville had someone or something in his pocket - wouldn't have bothered him either way, he couldn't finish his dinner