IGNORED

Elstone Blog In Reply To Dissenters

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha ha ha - yet more speculation, guess work and made up figures !!!

There is a rather hilarious, naive and foolish bunch of conspiracy theorist on this forum who have not one shred of evidence to back up their fantasy claims. In fact calling some of you (conspiracy) theorists is actually a compliment you don't deserve !

Everton too good to invest in?

For years now, Everton fans have been dumbfounded as to why no investor has come forward to purchase the club. This is not simply a case of blind favour or bias, but a view which incorporates the club's history, huge fanbase, international appeal, current staff and ability to progress. Last night's Dispatches documentary on Channel 4 may now finally shed light on the issue.

The documentary showed England legend Bryan Robson wheeling and dealing with, at best, delusional, at worst, corrupt and powerful Joe Sim, describing in harrowing detail the ease with which a football club can be bought and sold for profit.

The clubs mentioned as potential investment opportunities - Leicester City, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United for example - all represent teams that have slumped through relegation to a lower league not representative of the clubs' stature. In business terms, if these clubs can be returned to their former states ie the Premiership, they have a large potential for profit.

The question Evertonians ought to ask themselves in light of this is can the same be said of Everton?

To explain what I mean, it is best to contextualise Everton's status relative to other Premiership clubs. If the top six (Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool) are taken out of the equation for a second and 14 Premiership clubs are left in a hypothetical mini-league, Everton would represent the best performing side in this league over the last 5/6 years.

Past Europa League campaigns have indubitably taught Everton fans that in order for Everton to progress in both football and financial terms, Everton need to be qualifying for the Champions League at least, and ultimately challenging for the Premiership title.

Put simply, this is completely implausible such is the inability of a team like Everton to compete with the financial muscle of teams like Chelsea, Manchester United and recently Liverpool and Manchester City.

Everton cannot be bought cheaply in the way that a Sheffield Wednesday can, and even if investment were to come, Everton could not offer anything like the same potential for profit that a team like Wednesday can.

Since money was heavily injected into football to revolutionize the game, Everton have been at their highest peak during the Moyes era, their top market value you could say.

The cruel irony of this all is that if Everton and David Moyes weren't doing as well as they are, they would be a more attractive proposition for a potential buyer. As they slipped down the league table, their value would fall and their potential for profit would rise.

This means that the club are truly stagnant: bereft of the investment needed to progress, and needing to fail to become investable.

Ha ha ha ha - yet more speculation, guess work and made up figures !!!

There is a rather hilarious, naive and foolish bunch of conspiracy theorist on this forum who have not one shred of evidence to back up their fantasy claims. In fact calling some of you (conspiracy) theorists is actually a compliment you don't deserve !

What are you on about!? and in what context are you talking about? and who are you talking about? where are you talking about? how are you talking about? can you talk about? able to talk about? about talk about? merry little dance about? should i give a shout about? when will i hear about? who said you can talk about? what am i on about? forever giving a talk about? when will we see it about? how much about? what about? about? :blink:

What are you on about!? and in what context are you talking about? and who are you talking about? where are you talking about? how are you talking about? can you talk about? able to talk about? about talk about? merry little dance about? should i give a shout about? when will i hear about? who said you can talk about? what am i on about? forever giving a talk about? when will we see it about? how much about? what about? about? :blink:

Nurse!!!

fuck me man that made me dizzy :lol:

I've still not seen any theories, let alone conspiracy. I am confused, but I am at least amused.

Then I suggest two ways to remedy that.

1) Open you're eyes

2) Read

You shall then be enlightened.

The rubbish and infantile accusations and conspiracy theories about Bill Kenwright and the Everton board keep me amused.

Edited by pax

When two or more people plan to commit a crime, there exists by definition a 'conspiracy'.

Therefore, any theory about who did it, or how it was done, is by definition a 'conspiracy theory'.

The question is then not whether you are a conspiracy theorist, but for which conspiracy theory you find the evidence most compelling.

When two or more people plan to commit a crime, there exists by definition a 'conspiracy'.

Therefore, any theory about who did it, or how it was done, is by definition a 'conspiracy theory'.

The question is then not whether you are a conspiracy theorist, but for which conspiracy theory you find the evidence most compelling.

Ah but when two or more people conspire it's not neccessarily with a criminal objective.

Can just mean that they're working in harmony :) .

Deep first post though...I like it :) .

Conspiracy? What a load of rubbish. I was told by tommy Steele that when he bill and elvis walked round the streets of London that bill was kidknapped by men in red. He was then to disappear for a period only to return Confessing a deep love for everton.

He embarked on his mission to infiltrate the Walls of goodison, once in there wrestling power. Each and every time a really poor business decision was made, kenwright was often found flicking through the pages of Catcher in the rye.

It is thought that the men in red were lfc agents who subjected poor old bill to the mkultra programme.

Ah but when two or more people conspire it's not neccessarily with a criminal objective.

I think conspire means to make secret plans with a criminal objective in mind, though. You can't conspire to a good end, unless you meant they were working in harmony to effect the criminal objective?

Primarily but it can also mean "...to act in harmony toward a common end..."

It's from the Latin "conspirare" which means union or harmony....so no nefarious intent neccessary ;) .

So presumably no element of secrecy, then? You would hardly conspire in secret if your endevaours were wholly well-meaning?

There is a lot of truth in that mail. No business, whether in football or any other sector would wish its business discussed in the open. For example I wouldn't wish my competitors to know which work I price and the profit margins I work to.

This of course makes it hard to add any substance which may quash the rumors so the situation is almost self perpetuating.

Deep first post though...I like it :) .

I probably shouldnt drink on a Tuesday night :blink:

Or any other night come to think of it :)

Edited by codders78

There is a lot of truth in that mail. No business, whether in football or any other sector would wish its business discussed in the open. For example I wouldn't wish my competitors to know which work I price and the profit margins I work to.

This of course makes it hard to add any substance which may quash the rumors so the situation is almost self perpetuating.

However, you would never be able to sell anything if you didn't disclose the price. Let us know the price? What is the problem?

A prime example is a house over the road. Was up for sale at the price we looked and thought £30k too much. What happened? Was still up for sale nearly 3 years later, only then to knock it down 50k for a quick sale and it was snapped up immediately. The owners couldn't afford to have it, it needed work doing to it, but they priced it the same as better conditioned ones in the same road.

If we are for sale then how much?

However, you would never be able to sell anything if you didn't disclose the price. Let us know the price? What is the problem?

A prime example is a house over the road. Was up for sale at the price we looked and thought £30k too much. What happened? Was still up for sale nearly 3 years later, only then to knock it down 50k for a quick sale and it was snapped up immediately. The owners couldn't afford to have it, it needed work doing to it, but they priced it the same as better conditioned ones in the same road.

If we are for sale then how much?

Point taken.

However I was more talking about transfer activity. We announce we have say £20million (lol) suddenly Shane Long is worth £12million, N'Zog £20million