IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Damn.....but maybe a bit of a rest could be a blessing; back all guns blazing for our last 10/12 games.

Well that's one way to look at it. I look at it as... Osman now has full time duty for the next month+, which in itself is probably not the best thing. But even worse is that we have basically nobody capable of stepping in as a sub or injury fill-in. I guess we could move Pienaar into the middle and put Oviedo on the left. This might force Martinez' hand in keeping Heitinga.

I don't get the holtby thing don't think he's good enough,we need a playmaker a cabaye type.

But we play with one play maker and two holders. As Barkley is the play maker, McCarthy has a decade ahead of him as one holder, I think there is only one place left. Next to McCarthy, and for balance a left footer would be nice.

Cabaye, if he leaves Newcastle it will be for a big big club. Not us.

stevO I said a cabaye type not cabaye we need a replacement for ossie /pienaar they can't last the 90 mins.

We have replaced Osman, Barkley! Maybe bring in a back up, but don't think we really need to while Osman is still here, he will do as Barkleys back up. To replace Pienaar we need a real left winger.

I don't get the holtby thing don't think he's good enough,we need a playmaker a cabaye type.

Im the same.

I have watched him a few times this season and although he is a tidy player, he doesnt do anything that great. Just an average Prem player to me and not one that would make our first team. Maybe as long term replacent for Barry but then we could do with looking for better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/365005/Everton-star-Ross-Barkley-battling-through-the-pain

I'd rather he didn't, tbh, because he's looking pretty useless playing half goosed.

He's the type of player that relies on the physical margins, pretty much like Rooney. If he can't push off explosively then he needs to do less running on the ball and look to move it.

He's the type of player that relies on the physical margins, pretty much like Rooney. If he can't push off explosively then he needs to do less running on the ball and look to move it.

explains the shite he served up against spurs..dropping so deep and pumpin it 40 yards to a spurs fan

if you're not fully fit lad don't play..you're only 20 you have plenty of time

Guest blueboy122

I think that the players are loving playing under Martinez with the freedom he gives them to play football especially like Barkley who is only young and desperate to play every game, just got to make sure he is fully fit before we start playing him again.