IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Guest blueboy122

At least Ross has the talent. There has been so many players 'once on the books' Arsenal Chelsea Liverpool United Everton Spurs etc who have made literally millions have half of us wouldn't even know they existed.

It's all that's wrong with the game today.

We need a whole shake up of how we pay, coach etc the youths.

In theory that would be ideal but as reported today City are trying to buy a nine year old from West Hams academy whats that all about?

Guest blueboy122

In theory that would be ideal but as reported today City are trying to buy a nine year old from West Hams academy whats that all about?

Joke and should be forbidden

That was the rumour. Like I say its probably bullshit but my mate lives near Kirby and reckons Ross is rumoured to be a "big head". He seems quiet and humble to me so I reckon its a load of rubbish

Frankly, he wouldn't play the way he does if he was "quiet and humble". I can imagine he's brash and tempted to be too big for his boots. It can't be easy to cope with all the public acclaim, and the temptation toward self-importance is bound to be there, so I can't really blame him. What it does say, though, is that Mirallas must display the same traits - each believing he's better than the other.

Frankly, he wouldn't play the way he does if he was "quiet and humble". I can imagine he's brash and tempted to be too big for his boots. It can't be easy to cope with all the public acclaim, and the temptation toward self-importance is bound to be there, so I can't really blame him. What it does say, though, is that Mirallas must display the same traits - each believing he's better than the other.

It would be the opposite of the way he's described in any of the in depth interviews I've ever read about Ross.

IMO the best thing to do is to simply dismiss any and all rumours you hear from your mate about who can't stand who in the dressing room.

It's easy to see that Ross is a Confident and maybe big headed young man, the same as Coleman.

Both come across as grounded in interviews and this shows they are being schooled well.

But I have mentioned a few times that they both need to get their feet on the ground as they are not there yet.

They do look arrogant, they do look like they believe the hype... But if they didn't they wouldn't be half the player.

Ignoring the easy pass just to show they can hold of the attentions of an opposing player, casually stroking the ball to a teammate while under pressure. This is youth and they will learn.

But it's easy to see that Ross believes the hype.

Guest blueboy122

It's easy to see that Ross is a Confident and maybe big headed young man, the same as Coleman.

Both come across as grounded in interviews and this shows they are being schooled well.

But I have mentioned a few times that they both need to get their feet on the ground as they are not there yet.

They do look arrogant, they do look like they believe the hype... But if they didn't they wouldn't be half the player.

Ignoring the easy pass just to show they can hold of the attentions of an opposing player, casually stroking the ball to a teammate while under pressure. This is youth and they will learn.

But it's easy to see that Ross believes the hype.

Disagree I wish on the pitch he had more arrogance and believed in his ability more. He can rip teams apart he has just got to believe he can. He had a great game against City but he hasn't looked quite at the races since the turn of the year but on Saturday he showed that he believed in himself and produced a quality display leaving any opposition facing him worried.

I see your point but I think that's the reason he has been off. He doesn't think he needs to prove himself... Or do we think he just isn't going to be a hard working player.

Against City he was great. Not just his goal but his whole game was much improved.

Guest blueboy122

Barkley will probably get the odd 10 minutes at the end of games when we're getting overran and he'll not have the platform to show what he can do.

Doubt he will even get that. Woy will more likely bring on Milner or someone of that ilk.

"Dealing with a devastating injury prepared Barkley mentally for the pressures of the Premier League, although he was frustrated to be removed from the first-team picture by Moyes after a mistake at Blackburn Rovers in 2011 and sent on loan to Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds United. Under Martínez, however, he has begun to realise the expectations that Moyes and Everton's academy coaches always held for the powerful, intuitive talent."

Its pretty ironic that I guess if you look at what took him out of playing for Everton the longest it would be Moyes and not the leg break.

I really can't emphasise enough how lucky he was to get Martinez at the time that he did.

He is a different kettle of fish to Lukaku, technically Barkley is all there and likely had the same superiority years ago. For me it has been his decision making and confidence that needed the work. He needed to play and make mistakes, he wasn't going to learn in lower leagues as it wasnt a challenge for him, players werent even on the same wavelength as him.

In all honesty if we had Martinez in 2011, you would be seeing Barkley now as possibly one of the best 3 midfielders in the league.

His slow progress has helped us keep hold of him. He's still far from the finished article but has come on leaps and bounds this season. Personally I'd prefer this slow progress. It will keep the vultures away. By his 23-24 birthday I'c expect him to be one of the most sort after midfielders in Europe.

With the inclusion of Smalling and Jones i'm surprised that Barkley's place wasn't taken by Ravel Morrison, Cleverely, he managed to get Wilshire in there - how I do not know.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2627460/Roy-Keane-Man-United-duo-Chris-Smalling-Phil-Jones-arent-good-play-England.html

Got to say, the man says what most of us think.

Why not say "he's not going anywhere because this is his club and the best place for him" the 12 months bit is a bit strange imo

You need to remember English isn't his first language. Even though his English is excellent you often hear him say things the wrong way round etc. And it may be that he's just not said it right this time. Or it could mean he's told Barkley give us another year and then you can go for mega money!