IGNORED

Ross Barkley

We're skint ££££ signs in The boards eyes always make them sit up. We'd probably drag it out for. Few more million but anyone who believes we wouldn't sell if an extortionate offer came in is deluded.

1. We're no longer skint

2. The board are not taking money out of the club, and havent for many years. They have also been exceptional in squeezing money out of sales of players, so if we were to sell, it would be mega money. If thats not the point, then I've misunderstood

3. 35m is not extortinate in todays market. 50m+ might make them think but thats normal.

None of this matters because we dont have to sell.

Edited by Matt

We're skint ££££ signs in The boards eyes always make them sit up. We'd probably drag it out for. Few more million but anyone who believes we wouldn't sell if an extortionate offer came in is deluded.

Nobody's saying that, I just think £35m falls a long way short of "extortionate".

The point is we can't resist big offers for players...nobody has ever left this club for more the £27m. If a bid of £35m came in for Barkley the club would bluff but would in the end negotiate.

Ok, but in that case, no club can.

Previous negotiations have no impact on future negotiations. Its irrelevant if the max we've sold for in the past is 27m +/-

Nobody's saying that, I just think £35m falls a long way short of "extortionate".

Romney said nobody will be paying Bale money after one good tournament so we won't be selling. To me that sounds as though he's saying we'll only sell for £90m he'd go for half of that. If not £5m less, so £35m they'd definitely sit up £40m he'd be gone. IMO

Romney said nobody will be paying Bale money after one good tournament so we won't be selling. To me that sounds as though he's saying we'll only sell for £90m he'd go for half of that. If not £5m less, so £35m they'd definitely sit up £40m he'd be gone. IMO

I think we'd resist all offers this summer, other than absolutely crazy ones. Next summer could be a different story, but I'm as confident as I can be that we have nothing to worry about this summer.

There have been some crazy quotes in the press linking other clubs with our younger players, not just Barkley but also Stones, McCarthy, and Coleman. Of course other teams want them, because they represent the future and they are all British/Irish. It's imperative, though, that we keep them because they are not just the future but our future. This is the core around which the rest of the team will be built. They represent a realistic opportunity to create a lasting dynasty. In that sense, they are invaluable. If Martinez can hold on to these players over the next few seasons, that might just be his greatest achievement.

And now I can finally see why good players want to leave our club. They will never get full recognition for there ability from the outside why they wear a blue shirt.

Watched barkley tonight and thought he looked really switched on. An incredible bit if skill to set up Lambert and butler up front and all I could hear was bent nose Townsend cream over his goal without any recognition for Barkley.

It becomes so obvious it's laughable now.

Nice assist but the goal is an ordinary one. Very poor goalkeeping and a regular shot, (yes it's a shot with the outside of the foot, but the little effect changes nothing, it's not Henry v Sparta Prague) beat the keeper. Lambert just signed for Pool so the media hypes the goal and tomorrow the headlines will be something like: "New Liverpool signing scores for England".

I'm sure Hodgson noticed the great run that Barkley did.

PS: Did I just see Rooney fit and with more hair than ever?

Nice assist but the goal is an ordinary one. Very poor goalkeeping and a regular shot, (yes it's a shot with the outside of the foot, but the little effect changes nothing, it's not Henry v Sparta Prague) beat the keeper. Lambert just signed for Pool so the media hypes the goal and tomorrow the headlines will be something like: "New Liverpool signing scores for England".

I'm sure Hodgson noticed the great run that Barkley did.

PS: Did I just see Rooney fit and with more hair than ever?

Yes but it just looks like a wig now. He needs to shave it. It's like Aladdin's rug.

Hodgson has said Ox and Jones were outstanding but criticises Ross for losing possession too often!

MOTM for me - easily the most exciting player in red.

Ypu gotta be joking. Neutral fans sitting with me, asking why he isn't first choice.

Disgraceful. I saw him shaking his head after the long ranger too.

Did he shake his head when Rooney shot from range? Did he shake his head when Lampard ballooned one shot from range and another wide? Fucking doubt it. He should go back to playing with his toy dinosaurs. Bet he gets on like a house on fire with Moyes.

He's at the best club in the world already.

Don't know why he'd want to move.

His new contract is going to afford him anything in life he wants. Really what's the difference between £50k and £100k per week? Hardly struggling to get to Nando's is he?

Or he could stay and become a legend at his childhood club.

Know what I'd do. City, PSG, United, Chelsea - 0121 do one.

Martinez must be tearing his hair out - he's spent the season carefully nurturing Barkley and now he's in the hands of this oaf.

Haha that made me laugh. I know what you mean though, Martinez has been careful all season about what he says as he wants to keep him grounded but at the same time give him praise etc.

I think Roy might be doing the same but in a different way. He knows everyone will be watching Barkley in the world cup so he wants to put the pressure of him a bit. Do you remember the hype for Beckham, Owen, Rooney?

That's not a criticism, but there were other performances out there today. Oxlade-Chamberlain and Phil Jones were outstanding, as was Jack Wilshere in the middle of the park, while Rickie Lambert scored a magnificent goal.

Ox yes agree thought he was the best player on the pitch

Jones...really? Wilshire offered as much as Lampard did...fuck all!

Lambert hit the ball well but who did all the hard work?!

sorry is there some hatred towards everton and our players?