• Seamus Coleman
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Tim Cahill
    • Royston Drenthe

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duncan you're always a twat about anything I say, have I fucked your daughter or something? I go to a few games a season(had a season ticket previously but had to get rid once I got a weekend job) and watch as much football as I can. If you honestly believe Jags had a good game, and it's not just because you're an argumentative bitter old twat who's took a disliking to a username, I advise you to watch him more closely.

Totally uncalled for, bang out of order. Seriously scummy comment.

Duncan you're always a twat about anything I say, have I fucked your daughter or something? I go to a few games a season(had a season ticket previously but had to get rid once I got a weekend job) and watch as much football as I can. If you honestly believe Jags had a good game, and it's not just because you're an argumentative bitter old twat who's took a disliking to a username, I advise you to watch him more closely.

Thats probably because you always talk shite

Oh and congratulations on the paper round by the way

Bickering ain't bad in the form of debate, personal insults of the nature above have no place on this board.

Haf, when I re-joined here, it was the Haf v Pax show. We have the Romey v Milky show, the Halewoodblue v ........... see my point?

Life would be so much nicer on here if only folks learnt to express themselves without insults, but I fear it's asking a lot of a football forum. It's almost like asking apes and chimps not to swing in the trees. wink.png

Why can't you all be good ......... like me? biggrin.png

Haf, when I re-joined here, it was the Haf v Pax show. We have the Romey v Milky show, the Halewoodblue v ........... see my point?

Life would be so much nicer on here if only folks learnt to express themselves without insults, but I fear it's asking a lot of a football forum. It's almost like asking apes and chimps not to swing in the trees. wink.png

Whatever I thought of Pax, I never came out with scummy comments.

You? You are just like Georgie Thompson

With all that happened before your reincarnation I don't really think you're in a position to be on your high horse tbh.

Jags and Distin doesn't seem to work (in terms of clean sheets) although both being excellent defenders. I think Distin has looked the better of the 2 for a while now but I also remember more costly errors (goal conceeded) have come from Distin switching off rather than Jagielka's poor distribution/dilly-dallying. I actually feel safer with Jags although in saying that Heitinga and Distin did seem to compliment each other - an odd dillema.

Jags and Distin doesn't seem to work (in terms of clean sheets) although both being excellent defenders. I think Distin has looked the better of the 2 for a while now but I also remember more costly errors (goal conceeded) have come from Distin switching off rather than Jagielka's poor distribution/dilly-dallying. I actually feel safer with Jags although in saying that Heitinga and Distin did seem to compliment each other - an odd dillema.

Oh for the days of ''1-0 to the Toffees''.

Totally uncalled for, bang out of order. Seriously scummy comment.

Haf, have a look over most things he's quoted me on this year. He's been belittling and berating me for a while. I usually just leave him to it and don't respond.

I question your logic, you question mine and we debate. Dunc just attacks and is not worth my time

Edit: Also note he directs towards me twice, before I return the favour. I was talking in general at first.

Edited by pete0

Was busy most of the weekend so didn't get to see much bar the match of the day highlights, but from what I've seen and read about the match I'm going with fellaini. Sounds like he took control of the middle of the park which is what we need from him.

I don't quite understand the Jagielka bashing, but I know why it's happening. Might have been the first year I was on here when we let go of Carsley and suddenly everyone was saying what a terrible decision it was and how we looked completely out of sorts, the first game we played we were desperately short on numbers and Jags played in midfield. He was awful to be fair to him, but over time he progressed at CB to the point that in one game against Villa a few seasons back he made a dreadful error and gave them a goal. I remember the fans chanting his name soon after, that's how well he was playing.

Players hit bad runs of form at different times for different reasons, but the fact is the ongoing transfer speculation over his head must have had an effect; and then to see someone you've played alongside for years go to the same club you might have gone to and play Champions League football must have been an itch he couldn't quite scratch. All the same he wouldn't have stayed if he didn't see his future here, and i have a funny feeling he'll be an important player for us this season. An in-form Jags kept an in-form Torres in his back pocket more than once, and there are some in-form strikers of an even higher level playing in the premier league right now. We need Jags to get back to his best, because we all know on our day we can take down anyone. Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, Man City at Eastlands (or the eithad or whatever), we have the potential to run rings around the lesser teams and hold our own against the big boys. all we can hope is that this performance spurs a positive result against Wigan, and our recent successful history against Man City continues. Hopefully that will fuel an early, and continuing, run of form.

that being said, I also don't understand the problem of Johnny going at CB. if it's good enough for Holland, who are pretty good to be fair, why isn't it good enough for us?dry.png

Also, if none of my post interests you, neither do shitty comments about each other, whatever the circumstance. I came to this forum to find out transfer gossip on everton, I stayed because the people on here were true blues and nice blokes. Can we try not to lower the tone of the best toffee forum going with pathetic insults and pointless bickering...you know, for the kids? I%20surrender.gif

Edited by The Regulator

I don't think its a coincidence that Jags seems to bring the best out of his CB partner, I think its down to the fact he is a very good organiser and a real leader of the back 4. The Lescott-Yobo partnership you mentioned, as I remember it when they played together at CB they were fairly shakey which ultimately led to Baines being dropped around Christmas time in his first season and Lescott moved to leftback. My memory may be decieving me but when Jags came into that back 4 they looked far more solid and he brought the best out in Yobo. Then Lescott was moved to CB to partner Jags to form a superb partnership (described by Alex Ferguson as second only to the Rio-Vidic partnership) which then led to Lescott being sold to Man City for a whopping 24m, where he then fell apart as a CB. The only time Lescott has looked like a 24m CB since was the 2 games he partnered Jags for England last year. Finally the Distin-Jags partnership which IMO has untill this season looked pretty solid (45goals conceded last season, only the top 3 conceded less than 43). When Distin came to the club most fans were pretty sceptical but is now considered by most it seems as a better cb than Jags, like I said I don't think any of this is a coincidence. I completely agree that he is in poor form at the moment but I think what he adds to the team is invaluable and calls to drop him may be abit premature, just my opinion though.

I don't think its a coincidence that Jags seems to bring the best out of his CB partner, I think its down to the fact he is a very good organiser and a real leader of the back 4. The Lescott-Yobo partnership you mentioned, as I remember it when they played together at CB they were fairly shakey which ultimately led to Baines being dropped around Christmas time in his first season and Lescott moved to leftback. My memory may be decieving me but when Jags came into that back 4 they looked far more solid and he brought the best out in Yobo. Then Lescott was moved to CB to partner Jags to form a superb partnership (described by Alex Ferguson as second only to the Rio-Vidic partnership) which then led to Lescott being sold to Man City for a whopping 24m, where he then fell apart as a CB. The only time Lescott has looked like a 24m CB since was the 2 games he partnered Jags for England last year. Finally the Distin-Jags partnership which IMO has untill this season looked pretty solid (45goals conceded last season, only the top 3 conceded less than 43). When Distin came to the club most fans were pretty sceptical but is now considered by most it seems as a better cb than Jags, like I said I don't think any of this is a coincidence. I completely agree that he is in poor form at the moment but I think what he adds to the team is invaluable and calls to drop him may be abit premature, just my opinion though.

I just happen to agree there mate.

Personally thought Jags had improved leaps and bounds in that game, though not back to his best.

first half he seemed steady..although it wasn't hard to improve on the shit before that

and vellios..i was excited last season..big powerful lad and has a nice touch..i think he can be an asset this year

Edited by marcopaulo

Am on about the back end of the season when Jags was injured, shifting Lescott to CB and Baines to LB or Yobo had come back from Africa and been on the bench(cba checking which way it came about).

Premature, its been 3 seasons. Heintinga should be given his chance which is long over due.