IGNORED

George Green

• 1 month later...

maybe with Roberto showing faith in youth, we will see him blooded next season along with McAleny

Why does everyone show much faith in him? He's nearly 22 with like 2 appearances for us and not much loan time to write home about. Another Baxter.

Why does everyone show much faith in him? He's nearly 22 with like 2 appearances for us and not much loan time to write home about. Another Baxter.

ossie was 24 when he started playing for us, so age isn't always a great indicator

I've watched the reserves games several times and he looks a good player, scoring some special goals. But mostly, I'm going on gut feeling :)

its because he looks like he has real ability.

dont forget this lad was around the first team squad when he had a very nasty injury. he then had another when he was eventually loaned out.

People are still remembering his little cameo when he nearly scored a stunner against Arsenal too.

Baxter should have been given more game time, it was our fault that we didnt develop him, he had great ability but was never nurtured in the right way.

As for Green. i think he is still another twelve months away but i would love to see him pre-season spend some time with the first team... maybe the odd sub appearance in europe or the cups?

Because he can finish, is clever, is nippy and had been identified a couple of seasons ago by the senior players as someone with genuine potential.

If he never broke his leg he would have had his chance. I expect mcaleny to get on today.

Because he can finish, is clever, is nippy and had been identified a couple of seasons ago by the senior players as someone with genuine potential.

If he never broke his leg he would have had his chance. I expect mcaleny to get on today.

Hopefully I'd love to see more of him, but I never hav faith in these players, I never even had faith in Barkley

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Any news on Green? Seems to have gone quiet after his initial two matches.

Hope he's not just another hypes up kid that's not gonna make it.

I really believed this lad was going to be something special. But the last I heard was he had fell out with Tranmeres manager and I haven't heard anything since.

Doesn't look good then.

We don't seem to he doing great with young prospects recently. We need to get the attitude right before we concentrate on their ability.

Harry Kane is a prime example.

He'll need more than one season to convince me.

Ye not saying he is a great player, I watched him in the shadows of others while going through the England youth set up.

But he always kept his mouth shut and just worked hard.

Now he has had his reward for having that attitude.

If only players like green could take something from players like that they could become what they presume they already are.

Word is he's a grade A prick. Turned up at Tranmere with an attitude, Billy big bollocks.

Hope he reads forums, by all accounts his ego suggests he will.

Get your head out your arse, talent alone won't get you there. Apparently had all sorts of fall outs at Everton.

Word is he's a grade A prick. Turned up at Tranmere with an attitude, Billy big bollocks.

Hope he reads forums, by all accounts his ego suggests he will.

Get your head out your arse, talent alone won't get you there. Apparently had all sorts of fall outs at Everton.

and he's supposed to be the great youth savior for everton. what a crock. we need some stiffer coaches at these levels to keep these kids in line, the first team is one thing but for a youth level prospect playing league one? kid needs to be taught a lesson, have him run a marathon before the next match and see how big he is.

A bust up at 19 isn't something to panic about. Turning up at a team who were on their way out of the footballing league from a Premiership team no doubt gave him some sense of ego but he is a kid. Sounds like a similar situation to Henen, just needs to be coached correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

Bad news that's he's hit rock bottom but great news he has sought help. It won't be easy but if he puts the effort and determination that got him this far as a footballer he can stay off and clean up his act.

I'm happy for him and hope he's able to clean up and become a great person and hopefully footballer.

All the best George!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rusty747

What a waste of talent. Hopefully he can sort himself out but no place at Everton for him now imho, umless he gets his attitude sorted.