IGNORED

Everton spend £3m on agents between Oct 2010 and Sep 2011

Louis

Isnt complaining about this kinda like saying "shit we spent 2 mil on a medical team but still we have players getting injured"? Or "my god, we spent xx amount on an accounting department and still we are in dept"

An agent is an employee like any other. We have to have them so why complain? Ok they havent found anyone apart from Drenthe this year but theyve done a good job for us other years.

Isnt complaining about this kinda like saying "shit we spent 2 mil on a medical team but still we have players getting injured"? Or "my god, we spent xx amount on an accounting department and still we are in dept"

An agent is an employee like any other. We have to have them so why complain? Ok they havent found anyone apart from Drenthe this year but theyve done a good job for us other years.

Agents are not employees of the club amd its not their job to find us players, thats what the scouts do

It's not just drenthe and straq

Weren't there new contracts for Hibbert, Baines, Neville, Rodwell, Cahill and Saha in that time?

I might be wrong on a couple there but sure most of them have signed in the last 11 months. Did i miss anyone that has signed apart from youngsters who i wouldn't have thought would have had much impact

It's not just drenthe and straq

Weren't there new contracts for Hibbert, Baines, Neville, Rodwell, Cahill and Saha in that time?

I might be wrong on a couple there but sure most of them have signed in the last 11 months. Did i miss anyone that has signed apart from youngsters who i wouldn't have thought would have had much impact

Jags too didnt he?

i know its ridiculous but ive been led to believe that when we sell a player on their agents are still paid because they have to try and settle a loyalty fee for the departing player so not only do we pay agents if we buy /renew a contract for a player but also if we sell one on!!

Now theres a business i wish id gone into.

It's worth pointing out that they are paid when player's leave the club also.

Arteta's agent would take a cut of the Arsenal fee for example.

I thought that was only if a player was being paid a fee by the selling club, a loyalty bonus for example. Everton made Arteta submit a transfer request so they could minimise their costs because technically he asked for the move.

Arsenal as the buying club would have paid the majority of the agents fees.

Admittedly, we'll be paying sizeable agent fees for loan players esp if the owning club isn't getting a big wedge.

There is far too much money leaving the footballing economy so to speak. Staff wages and agents need to be looked at very seriously.

IMO a taxation scheme needs to happen so that monies can be distributed among the less fortunate clubs i.e the PFA act as agents - they are salaried and the ridiclous money that agents would otherwise receive gets put into the pot . Then clubs that contribute to the local communities at grass roots level etc should be receiving grants, stadium development money etc. The money is used as an incentive and the resultant growth compounds the effect.

It will help develop the game at every level and keep the heritage of clubs threatened by admin safeguarded.