IGNORED

New striker

Mogsy

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2012/01/19/alan-stubbs-says-everton-fc-use-of-loan-system-is-vital-to-develop-young-stars-100252-30154036/

Interesting he says tolos could make an impact on the first team: what impact you looking for stubbsy.

Clubs joint top scorer

Best starts to goals ratio.

Scoring hatricks in reserve football.

As opposed to the guys he is tryin to oust:

1 goal between 2

Joint lowest scorers with the goalkeeper

Getting games regardless of form.

He needs to work harder stubbsy he is obviously not ready for the step up yet.

Its a conundrum isn't it.

We let go Yakubu and Beckford who were both pretty much out and out goalscorers but don't add much to overall play. Had this convo with a Villa mate about Bent - it's like playing with 10 men for 88 minutes but for the other 2 he'll get you 2 goals.

So we haven't replaced with a goalscorer but we have some mediocre tryers - Anichebe, Stracq, Vellios, McFadden, McAleny - hence severe lack of goal threat.

I think we need to get a penalty box striker and work on getting service in. Don't ask me who's available for free that's better than we've got though - much like Davey, I don't know either. Wish I was getting 50k a week to not know!

he wasn't..if he was he' wouldn't be back in the championship..he has pace and positioning..if he was a good finisher too he would be at a top prem team..he missed so many sitters

scored some crackers too. 10 goals in his 1st season of the premiership whilst playing a tiny amount of minutes... Edited by Matt

scored some crackers too. 10 goals in his 1st season of the premiership whilst playing a tiny amount of minutes...

So has Bily though and we know what the general view of him is, Beckford just did'nt have enough for me, thats why i think he was let go, but he cost us nothing, so it's worked out in the end imo

So has Bily though and we know what the general view of him is, Beckford just did'nt have enough for me, thats why i think he was let go, but he cost us nothing, so it's worked out in the end imo

dont get me wrong, it was good business but he had speed and he had goals. None of our other strikers have that.

should have had more..don't ge tme wrong i liked beckford but he didn't score as many as he should when he did all the hard work to get in the positions

agreed but how much time did he have to get used to the top flight? Every player needs time to adapt - learn how to deal with getting closed down quicker, being marked better, all the pressure of 40000 people instead of 4000 people looking at you and screaming..... Its a world apart from the lower leagues and you need time to adapt.

Honestly, I thought it was a mistake to sell Beckford. He didn't really get to show all of his ability. He had a decent first year in the premier league, and I think he would've played even better this year. Maybe it just comes down to Everton and the bank. I just think, considering the options that we have now at striker, that it wasn't a good strategic move.

No use crying over spilled milk though.

Im guessing poeple here dont share my opinion, wink.png What i ment was his movement, he was always trying to find space. I still believe that if we had someone in the middle with a great sense of football and killer delivery to get the ball to Beckford in space, he would have scored 15-20 goals per season in the prem.

Got to agree the lad was rough around the edges gaurenteed but fuck me he scored ten and should have probably got double that from mostly coming on as sub. I dont think he was a great footballer and maybe £4 mill was good money but in and around the box he made things happen

Just be nice to know we have say 5-6 mill to spend. If we sell Bily we have to buy Onuoha regardless if we need a centre half or not, get him on a five year deal and the look to sell jags and pair him with Duffy. I think we need a fast mobile forward Doumbia at Cska would be my number one choice if we had that type of dough. I wouldnt bother with any prem/scot striker cos there is no value. £7 mill for Hooper? hows that work? would like to take a look at championship Sordell at Watford looks a player