IGNORED

New striker

Mogsy

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is he back with the under 18s? Reserve squad maybe, but he doesnt need to be in the U18s

I know it seems strange, i have the most stomach churning feeling that him and Moyes don't see eye to eye, and that is why we are not seeing him, why would any manager (even Sunday league) pair 2 defenders in their midfield when you have one of the hottest young prospects in the country on your bench, you just don't do that, it's stopping the youngsters development and you are playing people out of their comfort zone, opening up to more mistakes just to compensate for not playing a natural midfielder.

The whole Barkley/Moyes thing stinks to high heaven imo

I know it seems strange, i have the most stomach churning feeling that him and Moyes don't see eye to eye, and that is why we are not seeing him, why would any manager (even Sunday league) pair 2 defenders in their midfield when you have one of the hottest young prospects in the country on your bench, you just don't do that, it's stopping the youngsters development and you are playing people out of their comfort zone, opening up to more mistakes just to compensate for not playing a natural midfielder.

The whole Barkley/Moyes thing stinks to high heaven imo

You have to wonder don't you, I remember gettin some wind of a potential bust-up but it was quashed rather quickly. Could that be the case?

Any player who has an eye for the unexpected is not going to see eye to eye with moyes IMO.

Sadly haf, i agree with you, the only one who ever survived was Arteta and only because he was Moyes's bum boy, if Arteta's fitness had been better he would have been off a long time ago. Edited by theprisoner

Sadly haf, i agree with you, the only one who ever survived was Arteta and only because he was Moyes's bum boy, if Arteta's fitness had been better he would have been off a long time ago.

God that made me laugh rofl.gif

Edited by mogsy

Sadly haf, i agree with you, the only one who ever survived was Arteta and only because he was Moyes's bum boy, if Arteta's fitness had been better he would have been off a long time ago.

Yes and even then Moyes had him playing like Ray Wilkins in a deep role, in his exact words after playing for arsenal he said:

Players aren’t weighed down with 40 different instructions. Wenger gives a player six or seven clear ideas and that’s it, in 20 minutes you know what you’re doing

Now taking a punt at this, given he had only played any form of football for one club and one manager for 6 years previous to this I wonder what this comment is founded on???

My guess is it is Moyes, the man when he isn't sulking ala Bolton 2-0 defeat has to tell the players the most ridiculous step by step instructions - who to throw the ball to, who Howard should boot it to... THEY ARE PROFESSIONALS WITH 10 TIMES THE ABILITY HE HAD!!!

If I was Barkley and had what he has in his locker I wouldn't want negative Dave telling me to be conservative, I wouldn't be happy watching Phil Neville point and gesture his way through another unproductive 90 minutes - in other words, a talented professional is Moyes worst nightmare - and he is theirs. Unless you are a defender David Moyes is not good for your career...

Edited by Hafnia

Yes and even then Moyes had him playing like Ray Wilkins in a deep role, in his exact words after playing for arsenal he said:

Players aren’t weighed down with 40 different instructions. Wenger gives a player six or seven clear ideas and that’s it, in 20 minutes you know what you’re doing

Now taking a punt at this, given he had only played any form of football for one club and one manager for 6 years previous to this I wonder what this comment is founded on???

My guess is it is Moyes, the man when he isn't sulking ala Bolton 2-0 defeat has to tell the players the most ridiculous step by step instructions - who to throw the ball to, who Howard should boot it to... THEY ARE PROFESSIONALS WITH 10 TIMES THE ABILITY HE HAD!!!

If I was Barkley and had what he has in his locker I wouldn't want negative Dave telling me to be conservative, I wouldn't be happy watching Phil Neville point and gesture his way through another unproductive 90 minutes - in other words, a talented professional is Moyes worst nightmare - and he is theirs. Unless you are a defender David Moyes is not good for your career...

He gets scared when he's got a defender who's talented enough to play the ball. Moyes must have a mini heart attack every time Johnny plays the ball on the floor.

He gets scared when he's got a defender who's talented enough to play the ball. Moyes must have a mini heart attack every time Johnny plays the ball on the floor.

I'm waiting for the interview where Moyes says "Johnny has been steady, but now Distin and Jags are back they give us that little bit more safety as they don't take risks, Shane is still a young boy and a loan to Tranmere is just what he needs at this time..."

I'm waiting for the interview where Moyes says "Johnny has been steady, but now Distin and Jags are back they give us that little bit more safety as they don't take risks, Shane is still a young boy and a loan to Tranmere is just what he needs at this time..."

It makes me sad how true this is.

12 mil we got offered for Jags the other year, add on his wages, plus revenue lost because of the points he's cost us, and Moyes has lost 20 million because he's a stubborn clown. Rather play 6th choice England cb over Johnny WC finalist because Johnny had a big head.

Sounds like we need to sack this Moyes fella dry.png

Sounds like we need to sack this Moyes fella dry.png

Yeah - the board are in a strong position to do that paying off a contract to a man who has honoured his job description of trying his best while keeping his gob shut - picking up his nice salary while all and sundry have been sold to keep their tin pot operation creaking along.

Moyes has got the best gig in the prem...

It makes me sad how true this is.

12 mil we got offered for Jags the other year, add on his wages, plus revenue lost because of the points he's cost us, and Moyes has lost 20 million because he's a stubborn clown. Rather play 6th choice England cb over Johnny WC finalist because Johnny had a big head.

Rarely read such a nonsense!

Has he not been a waste of space the last 2 years? Is this not an accurate figure of the opportunity cost? Should he of been ahead of Johnny in the team?

And who cost us the points now? When I read how you blame Jags, I could puke!

When there is a player in this squad who plays with heart for the blue shirt, than Phil Jagielka! For no money in the world I would sell a player with a soul!!!

When there is a player in this squad who plays with heart for the blue shirt, than Phil Jagielka! For no money in the world I would sell a player with a soul!!!

Just because someone plays with heart and a bit of passion does'nt mean they are any good, just ask Phil Neville

Soul destroying performances for the fans, and his fellow team mates on the bench. He's been absolutely awful since Lescott left he's had about 10 good games and lost us more points than anyone. Unjustified how he weren't dropped and constantly got his place back when unfit. There's no argument to defend him keepin his place when we had a WC finalist waiting on the bench

Soul destroying performances for the fans, and his fellow team mates on the bench. He's been absolutely awful since Lescott left he's had about 10 good games and lost us more points than anyone. Unjustified how he weren't dropped and constantly got his place back when unfit. There's no argument to defend him keepin his place when we had a WC finalist waiting on the bench

And JH should start in every game just because he is a WC finalist???

I don´t think JH is better than Jags!

Some people need to reduce the lag time in their player appraisals - are we still assessing Jags for his perfromances pre knee injury??? It seems so in many cases, he has lost his super human focus and edge, he is the most inconsistent centre half we have.

I don't have the same love for Johnny the Romey has, but... he is our most capable centre half in terms of composure, focus and ability.

Blimey it's took this season for many of you to see Cahill is past it, I seen this near two years ago - as for Neville he has been poor for a good good while.

Seriously too many players are judged on reputation alone.