IGNORED

New striker

Mogsy

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember whether we were actually linked with the guy in the summer or that Peter H just suggested him, but John Guidetti has been playing really well for Feyenoord this season (on loan from Man City). He had scored 8 goals and had given 3 assists in 11 match before today. Feyenoord are now playing Twente (another one of the top sides in Holland) and he's already scored 3. So he's 11 out of 12 so far. He looks strong, seems to have skill and he gets goals. If he keeps playing like this, there will probably be interest from a couple of PL teams. I would certainly take him.

Looks like he might make the swedish squad for the Euros this summer. His value will rocket and we will be nowhere near signing him ever. But yes, ive suggested him on a couple of occations just as I did with Rasmus Elm before Everton showed interest. Im not saying that im a better scout (haha) but I do hear a lot about swedish players obviously. These two were definatly within Evertons grasp at one point. Both are now way to expensive.

Wouldnt mind if the swedish newspapers started to write about our friend Johan Hammar. Curious about him, played monday night. Has anyone seen him play? Whats he like?

Vellios must start the next game. What kind of message does it send out to the entire squad if you score 3 goals in one game only to be benched by someone who hasent scored 3 goals all season

Lets not get carried away he has scored a hatrick against Blackburns Reserves, thats a million miles away from the Premiership. On the two occassions he has started he has looked like a little boy lost so I still think he is better coming off the bench

Must admit though I would have put him ahead of Denis in the pecking order, I can only assume he is getting minutes because of his physical presence because I cant see what else he brings to the table

Lets not get carried away he has scored a hatrick against Blackburns Reserves, thats a million miles away from the Premiership. On the two occassions he has started he has looked like a little boy lost so I still think he is better coming off the bench

Must admit though I would have put him ahead of Denis in the pecking order, I can only assume he is getting minutes because of his physical presence because I cant see what else he brings to the table

If he has looked like little boy lost, what has Saha looked like? Alice on her way back from Wonderland?

That may be the case (he had a 4th disallowed too) - but it shows at the very least he is getting attempts on target - much more than what saha is doing, his all round play was said to be very impressive.

If you can't get elevated from the reserves to the first team after a hat-trick then what hope does that give the fringe players???

He's got to be thrown in ahead of saha, or at the very least replace cahill given that saha likes to drop into cahills area and try them as a partnership

They were two of the toughest game he could have been thrown into though Dunc and as others have said, its not as if Saha has been much better, against much worse defences.

However, I do agree with you. Im not so sure he should be starting (upfront by himself anyway) BUT he should be getting much more game time off the bench, at least 30mins when we are needing to score a goal. As you infer, he is better than Straq.

Edited by Bailey

Possibly, he wants to try his hand in the prem but wouldn't knock back an approach from LaLiga. Will he get into Everton's first team in 3-4 years? WHo knows, we don't know where as a club we'll be yet? If he carries on as he is, he could be a very competent defender...but its now that's most important for his development. The injury would have normally knocked him back but he seems to have come back quite strong...so again, who knows?!

I'd like to think he'd be playing first team football, as a young, promising, defensive monster but will he get the chance???

I'm pretty sure Vellios was an integral part of Drenthe's goal in that Fulham match he started. I don't want to slag off Saha, because it's redundant now, if anything, put Tolos in there ahead of Cahill. It must have been Vellios' attitude in training that's truncated his involvement-whatever- by what Stubbs was saying about his performance for the reserves, he worked super hard for the team. The kid's a specimen, and I feel like for those who say "he's not a world beater, etc.", I think they're just noticing what Moyes is allowing us to see. He could be immense. It's rare you find someone with his height, that's as mobile as he is, with a witty football brain, I might add. I think back to that chance vs. Given in the Villa match he came on for. He's got the same sort of special ability that separated talent like Saha's from the rest, when he was in his prime.

Point being, Vellios hasn't looked nearly as shit as Saha, in my opinion. Vellios screams progression and Saha is just stagnant as hell.

I wouldn't say he worked his arse off tbh, he was often criticised for his lack of effort. What I would say, though, is that whenever he played he always looked like scoring. Whereas I wouldn't even be confident of Saha scoring 2 yards away from an empty net right now.

Bolton anyone....*shudders*

Edited by tenaciousj

worked his arse off? he couldn't be arsed challengin for the ball in the air most of the time..only thing beckford was good at was gettin in the right positions..if he was as good at finishin he'd be top class

agreed, Beckford scored a hat-trick last night because he has found his level, the championship, not because he worked his arse off, or was good or anything.

Im guessing poeple here dont share my opinion, ;) What i ment was his movement, he was always trying to find space. I still believe that if we had someone in the middle with a great sense of football and killer delivery to get the ball to Beckford in space, he would have scored 15-20 goals per season in the prem.