IGNORED

New striker

Mogsy

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lads i think he was saying he will play him in the Cahill role more so:

“Fellaini made some runs into the box towards the end which made us look a little bit of a threat from that position, so it might be something we have to think about.

“We wouldn’t play Fellaini as an out-and-out centre forward

Which lets be honest last 10 minutes when he pushed on we could have/should have scored 3!, so his thinking is logical given the apparent lack of funds we have, midfield of Gibson, Rodders and Felli just being the striker (hopefully Vellios or Landon).

I know its not ideal but he is trying to make best of what he has, I see np point is bringing in another second rate striker and hope he is the answer.

pushing him up chasing a winner is completely different to pushing him up there for 90 mins...blackburn push samba up sometimes..would they start him there?

bingo. Why would you take out of his preferred role where, for the majority of the season, hes made his job look easy?

It's just plain stupidity, would barca play Lionel Messi as a full back or centre midfielder? - every player on the pitch should pose some sort of goalscoring threat, after all they are professional footballers. Fellaini can head a ball and get up, fair enough - so can duffy, so can distin, so can cahill. Yes he plays as a midfielder - a defensive one, so leave him there!!!

Let the players who are paid to do a job of scoring goals worry about that, don't play anichebe on the wing - he can't pass or cross, his interplay is poor, he needs to be on the receiving end of passes, not making them.

Moyes continues to try and be too clever, when is he going to have a central striker or partnership who know how to score??? Get rid of Saha, my patience has run out with him. Play vellios and anichebe up front - if they aren't good enough then let's find out, don't be playing a defensive midfielder in an advanced position. Is barkley fit again yet???

I can see where he is coming from, Fellaini had more attempts on goal in Saturdays game than any of our strikers have in the last half a dozen games.

When your drowning you'll try anything to save yourself, and he has no better options.

Its amazing how much shit we play when Osman is not in the side.

ffs, why not give our youngsters a real go. If our senior players don't perform, Moyes shouldn't stick with them as long as he does. I think it's fair to say that based on Saha's performances this season, he isn't likely to score in our next game. So why not start McAleny for once. What's he going to do to be worse than Saha (well, he could make an own goal I guess)? Conor looked lively and nearly scored against Arsenal in the little time he got. Why not play him more? Same goes for Barkley and Duffy. When they've played, they've been our star performers!

pushing him up chasing a winner is completely different to pushing him up there for 90 mins...blackburn push samba up sometimes..would they start him there?

Erm yes and they have!

Let the players who are paid to do a job of scoring goals worry about that

He has done for the past 6 months and they have failed to deliver

I agree with Bill and scouse on this one in that its far from ideal but I can certainly see where Moyse is coming from

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

regular thing is it? the dickish way you said it i'd presume he's done it 100s of times an im just bein a fuckwit

Sorry wasnt trying to sound dickish however as it happend Blackburn have played Samba from the start on a few occasions now. I would not say its regular but I wouldnt say Moyes is using Felli in an advanced position on a regular basis either

He does give some a try, thats obvious, but it does seem to be more when his hand is forced rather than ambition.

Yes Rodwell got his chance, as did many others. But I do agree with the idea that if a more senior player was available the kids wouldnt get much game time.

you should say if definitely...to me it says we aren't gettin a striker this month...maybe its negative of me but its the way this club is at the moment..

Well I can certainly understand your scepticism however the article does also say that he is now redoubling his efforts to find a new striker, a bit like the cheque is in the post I know, but suppose we will have to wait and see

I'm not even sure it's a striker we need tbh, a creative midfielder would probably be our better option. Fuck Saha off and get a striker playing who will stay in and around the area instead of having a tea party with our defensive midfielders, then the creative midfielder will set them up to knock them in.

CBA getting annoyed about Moyes even contemplating playing Fellaini further up the pitch. Like Marco said, it's a completely different story throwing him up there towards the end of the game to starting him there. I think he's shown when he has started there that he doesn't look as effective as when he's thrown up there towards the end of the game when it's a shock to the oppositions defenders. When they're expeting it they deal with him quite comfortably.

I'm not even sure it's a striker we need tbh, a creative midfielder would probably be our better option. Fuck Saha off and get a striker playing who will stay in and around the area instead of having a tea party with our defensive midfielders, then the creative midfielder will set them up to knock them in.

CBA getting annoyed about Moyes even contemplating playing Fellaini further up the pitch. Like Marco said, it's a completely different story throwing him up there towards the end of the game to starting him there. I think he's shown when he has started there that he doesn't look as effective as when he's thrown up there towards the end of the game when it's a shock to the oppositions defenders. When they're expeting it they deal with him quite comfortably.

This is a moment....BOOM!

Being greedy i think we need both, a creative midfielder would be awesome, but i still think a new striker is also needed, like u say, Saha can just fuck of right now, i really like Vellios and would like him to start and play more, but i don't know whether he is good enough for 20 goals a season and the Straq and anichebe are defiantly not 20 a season men, we probably don't have the funds for both, so if I had to decide between one and the other i'd still plump for a new striker and hope Moyes plays Barkley!! leggit.gif

Being greedy i think we need both, a creative midfielder would be awesome, but i still think a new striker is also needed, like u say, Saha can just fuck of right now, i really like Vellios and would like him to start and play more, but i don't know whether he is good enough for 20 goals a season and the Straq and anichebe are defiantly not 20 a season men, we probably don't have the funds for both, so if I had to decide between one and the other i'd still plump for a new striker and hope Moyes plays Barkley!! leggit.gif

You don't really get the 20 goal a season striker of yester-year. Teams who have one become heavily reliant on them, and once they're injured, they're f*cked. Now a days, the attacking/creative midfielders chip in too...

A couple of 10 a season players would be more benefitial to us, we're over half way through and our top goal scorer has 3...

We do need both, I agree, but if we don't create chances then any striker we bring in won't score anyway. So I'd rather put everything we have into getting someone in who will create chances for the strikers we do have (preferably any of them apart from Saha). I hear what you're saying about Barkley and I too would love him to be playing because he could be the creative player we need but we all know that's unlikely to happen.

Also, what 20 goal a season striker do you think we're going to get in loan or costing a maximum of £5million?!

We do need both, I agree, but if we don't create chances then any striker we bring in won't score anyway. So I'd rather put everything we have into getting someone in who will create chances for the strikers we do have (preferably any of them apart from Saha). I hear what you're saying about Barkley and I too would love him to be playing because he could be the creative player we need but we all know that's unlikely to happen.

Also, what 20 goal a season striker do you think we're going to get in loan or costing a maximum of £5million?!

hopefully if billy goes, we may have a bit more cash, as for who dont know.gif

Barkley is the creative force we need, of that I am 100% certain. Unfortunately Moyes finds it difficult to trust a ridiculously talented player who had an iffy 5 minutes against Blackburn - he would sooner have Neville handing the ball back to the other team with an irritating floated 9 iron... personally i'm done with him.

I'm quite scared of the player that we are going to see when Barkley get's his chance again. It will be like watching 'one flew over the cuckoo's nest' when nurse Ratched manages to have McMurphy lobotimized. You probably won't see the free spirited 18 year old expressing himself, you will see him laying off sideways balls, passing back to Jags or Hibbert who will hoof one up to the corner flag for Vic to chase like the good obediant pet he is.

I'm quite scared of the player that we are going to see when Barkley get's his chance again. It will be like watching 'one flew over the cuckoo's nest' when nurse Ratched manages to have McMurphy lobotimized. You probably won't see the free spirited 18 year old expressing himself, you will see him laying off sideways balls, passing back to Jags or Hibbert who will hoof one up to the corner flag for Vic to chase like the good obediant pet he is.

This makes me shudder, more so knowing it could be a reality.