Manchester City (A)...Sylvain Distin

West Brom (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Wigan (H)...Tony Hibbert

Aston Villa (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Blackburn (A)...Tim Howard

Sheffield United (H)...Ross Barkley

QPR (H)...Ross Barkley

Drenthe closely followed by Straq.

For me the moment Drenthe came on he looked like scoring and seeing him play reminded me of how we used to be. A team that ran at teams and scared the shit out them whilst banging in a few goals. Should have started the game ahead of Cahill IMO.

Also, for the 4 or so minutes that McAleny got he looks like a good player for the future :)

I'm not sure why I'm the only guy who voted for Baines, but crazier things happen I guess. Drenthe was exciting today, but man of the match? Nah.

Baines was poor today in my book for a large part of the game He started well then it went down hill from there until the last 5/10 mins

He didn't want to take anyone on today just playing square passes and looked very disinterested for me.

In terms of impact, it has to go to Drenthe. In the time he was on for, we looked dangerous and every time he got on the ball he looked to try and make something happen.

I thought Baines was one of a few players to come out with credit today if I'm honest.

Denis looked alright for the time he was on too.

unfortunately i missed most of the second half as had to pop into work but the first half i thought Gueye was excellent. he provided a grat creative spark, was good on the ball, took players on and usually found a player rather than losing it. definately worth giving more starts based on that.

i see drenthe is ahead at the moment and from the final 15 mins i saw he looked good as ever and i loved his passion. when straq missed a chance i noticed drenthe fall down holding his head in his hands in real disapointment! I didn't see the shot well enough to see how bad straq's effort was (it may have been exasperation) at the strikers wow full effort but in any case he shows real comitment and passion on the pitch.

I actually gave it to Saha because he looked much more likehis old self yesterday

His touch an link up play was superb throughout and he was unfortunate not to get himself a couple of goals today

Maggie looked great in the opening 25 minutes but then faded badly and should have been replaced earlier, Drenthe unboutedly had a massive impact once he came on and if he had come on at half time we may well have won, however he wasnt on the pitch long enough to be MotM IMO

“When games are like they were today, then Roy is terrific, but sometimes in the Premier League the hard part is defending.”

Read more: http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2011/12/moyes-praises-drenthe/#ixzz1gwSeAMY4

I give up when he makes comments like this... Is he gonna say "it's all very well Phil Neville making 2 yard passes and pointing, he really needs to work on his stupid floated aimless passes" no he isn't.

Drenthe is a dynamo, ridiculous talent and if he gets the arm round his shoulder a potential world beater.

Stop focusing on players who are game changers and work on changing the players who aren't on their game.

Edited by Hafnia

"When games are like they were today, then Roy is terrific, but sometimes in the Premier League the hard part is defending."

Read more: http://www.nsno.co.u.../#ixzz1gwSeAMY4

I give up when he makes comments like this... Is he gonna say "it's all very well Phil Neville making 2 yard passes and pointing, he really needs to work on his stupid floated aimless passes" no he isn't.

Drenthe is a dynamo, ridiculous talent and if he gets the arm round his shoulder a potential world beater.

Stop focusing on players who are game changers and work on changing the players who aren't on their game.

I 100% agree with Moyes

Drenthe was superb when he came on but then he does things like the wayward pass at City that cost us the second goal

We all know Drenthe's qualities going forward but whats wrong with trying to get him to improve the defensive side of his game?

I 100% agree with Moyes

Drenthe was superb when he came on but then he does things like the wayward pass at City that cost us the second goal

We all know Drenthe's qualities going forward but whats wrong with trying to get him to improve the defensive side of his game?

I think Roy could feel a bit peeved that moyes has picked up on his defensive side to the game when he has the likes of neville handing over possession time after time. I just wouldn't go there, praise him to the press and work on developments in private.

I just hope we sign him in January and he doesn't get irritated by such comments. There are plenty of clubs who would take him. I just think the old arry redknapp arm round shoulder would help rather than discipline Dave.

I 100% agree with Moyes

Bloody hell, he makes one mistake on the half way line (albeit a crap one - which was also followed by defensive mistakes from Jags & Distin) and he's in for it!

Moyes is right in that Drenthe needs to work on his defensive output, I dont think that is really in question, but these are completely unnecessary comments by Moyes IMO and considering we are playing with 6 or 7 defensive players on most occasions, having one person with real attacking threat is a breath of fresh air and should be applauded.

Maggie for me, so composed for someone so young and ran himself ragged.

Shouts for Johnny (despite giving away that stupid freekick and getting turned for the goal) who had a good game.

Denis and Drenthe would have been the toss up but were not on the pitch long enough to get my vote. Both should be starting tonight (and im going again so im excited!)

I 100% agree with Moyes

I feel I should hold my hands up and owe Moyesy a small apology over this one, because Drenthe came out against Swansea and easily had his best defensive game for us!